• Safe lubricants for medical grade silicone (cobra libre)?

londoner [sign in to see picture]

Is there an official lovehoney recommendation on which lubricants are safe to use with medical grade silicone?

I'm finding the cobra libre an odd sensation and would like to try different lubes.

The instructions only say that using silicone lubricants might cause the toy to become smelly.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

water based lubricants should be fine. if you look on the main site there's tonnes of them to choose from, including a fair few "sample sizes"

did you get any lube in the box with your toy? i know when i got my fun factory delight there was a sachet in there.

avoid silicone and oil based ones. Silicone ones may react and melt the toy.

Thanks for the reply. Don't have the original box to hand but will check it later.

What's the problem with oil based lubricants? Can they perish silicone in the same way as latex condoms? It sounds like soap for cleaning is safe as that's what the instructions recommend - presumably it's quite a different material from the silicone used in Tenga toys.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I have medical grade silicone toy and I use waterbased lubes, its the general recommendation for any silicone toy and I prefer waterbased anyway (silicone are hard to wash off and can stain).

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

This might help? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/buyers-guide/choosing-personal-lubricant/

Lots of links there too..... but am sure a decent water based on will do the trick, Liquid Silk seems to be the Daddy of lubes, I believe it has a tiny bit of silicone in but not enough to affect silicone toys, am sure that questions been asked of Lh before... But I might be getting mixed up, painkillers do that to a person....

*Edit* Makes no mention of that in the description so maybe I'm confused???? lol....

I suppose this comes back to hiding sex toys. Vaseline or emollient cream/ointment are far more innocent in appearance. They also feel somewhat different (and are good skin conditioners too!) but it sounds like they're not a good idea for toys (and condoms of course).

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Oils are safe with medical grade silicone, they're just a right bugger to wash off properly. I can see that trying to wash out the little cave of the cobra libre would be frustrating.

A good water based lube should be fine. I found with mine that you don't really have to worry about the lube drying out as there is next to no thrusting, so go with whatever takes your fancy. =)

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

londoner wrote:

I suppose this comes back to hiding sex toys. Vaseline or emollient cream/ointment are far more innocent in appearance. They also feel somewhat different (and are good skin conditioners too!) but it sounds like they're not a good idea for toys (and condoms of course).

Vaseline isn't really too good a skin conditioner, all it does is coat a layer on wherever you are applying it, it is a petroleum base so it doesn't sink into the skin, it just sits there. I wouldn't say that it is an effective moisturiser or skin conditioner for skin as the principle active ingredients (petroleum jelly) are heavy and will clog your skin .

xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.