• The new Mia cap question

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Ohh thanks Laveila - have just checked it out. Not sure it clears my mind BUT good review and good idea to do the comparison x

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

yw. I do like the Tango, but I know it is more pricey, but still a good option. And this talk reminds me I have to check how the testing of my latest Mia went.

You can also check the Mimi or Lelo Siri. Not sure what your budget is. Or the Zini Seed, but that does not have any review currently.

To be honest, not bothered too much about the budget side. I have the zini seed WL'ed I think from memory.

I just don't want to spend loads on something that doesn't work and faff about sending it back if i don't (I hate sending things back)

You have the Zini Seed? if you do, can you review it? I am really interested in seeing that reviewed.

I know. I feel sooo bad for sending the Mia back 3 times and I understand they decided to test the last one.

No, no, I mean I have it wishlisted but not actually bought it.

I'm looking at wanting something as good as the LH pocket rocket but preferably no batteries.....

The Pocket Rocket is very strong with nubs on and i love it but its eating batteries, getting hotter and hotter with use and is very very noisy - it gets a lot of use so i think worn out which im not impressed about really.

Just going back a bit, I know someone said its not LH fault that Lelo are being slow (and its not) but as sellers of Lelo's products they act as an intermediary and should be doing something to sort this......

The Tango is very very strong on the last setting, not noisy (cover it with blanket and you hardly hear it), but can get hot during longer session, as I discovered over time, when having a bit harder time getting to orgasm. The Mia does not, really, from what I remember month ago.

I know. I am very surprised myself Lelo does not react fast, as it is putting down the trust potentially a bit. Maybe LH should urge it a bit more. Been about 1 month and half now?

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Ive gotten a couple of E-mails from LH saying that they are still persuing the cap and apologising for the wait.

I've been using my lelo mia as is, since it doesn't actually change the functioning, and when I get a new cap, it will fix the annoying little problem with it.

I don't know if it would be possible, but you could contact LH saying that you wish to buy a lelo mia and that you are worried you will get the hollow cap, so you would be okay with them opening an item before it is sent to you to make sure it is the right sort.

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

It's really a shame that Lelo hasn't sorted the cap issue. I was lucky enough to get a Mia with the correct cap, and it's been the best toy I've ever used. I took it with me on a trip to my mom's, and even with the thin walls in that house, it was safe to use, as it was even quieter than the ceiling fan. So discreet, lockable, and easy to charge up on my laptop.

(I'm overdue for a nice long session though, where I can use Mia and my glass dildo, take my time, and moan as loud as I like. )

Arkadia [sign in to see picture]

Spoke to LH yesterday about my purple Mia and apparently the purple ones have the dud cap too. They told me they'd be sending me a black lid for my purple Mia today and are going to speak to Lelo about the problem. So it sounds like they have the improved black Mia lids in now - perhaps everyone should get in touch with customer service? :)

I've ordered the Mia today so hopefully get the good cap as I don't want to be arsing about with returns <angry face>.

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

My cap came the other day, just need to actually be bothered to try the toy out now, haha! The new cap is tons better tho for sure :)

Glad we finally got there.... thanks Matt/Amie x

Arkadia wrote:

Spoke to LH yesterday about my purple Mia and apparently the purple ones have the dud cap too. They told me they'd be sending me a black lid for my purple Mia today and are going to speak to Lelo about the problem. So it sounds like they have the improved black Mia lids in now - perhaps everyone should get in touch with customer service? :)

And do you have the new version of Mia? I think it was established you have the old version? But I may be wrong. But Matt said on this threat they only stocked the new Mia in black when you bought it, so you cannot expact your vibe to have the right cap, unless they did stock the new purple and you asked for exchange

Iam currently out of the UK, so I am not sure if the cap is there, or it was returned by the Royal Mail etc. Oh well... Lets hope someone was home.

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Just want to say thanks to lh for sending the new cap. I appreciate it. : )

Laveila wrote:

And do you have the new version of Mia? I think it was established you have the old version? But I may be wrong. But Matt said on this threat they only stocked the new Mia in black when you bought it, so you cannot expact your vibe to have the right cap, unless they did stock the new purple and you asked for exchange

Iam currently out of the UK, so I am not sure if the cap is there, or it was returned by the Royal Mail etc. Oh well... Lets hope someone was home.

What kind of Mia I have has nothing to do with the point of my post. I spoke to LH about the issue of my Mia's cap falling off and sent them photos. They told me that the lid of my purple Mia was not supposed to be like that, that it was a dud, and they were going to speak to Lelo about the issue. Like I said in my previous post, they are sending me a black Mia cap with the improved design. Which means they do have the improved black Mia lids in stock, and are able to send them out. Hence my post, to let people know they might want to get in contact with LH now about getting a new lid.

I think a purple Mia with a black lid is going to look great! Though a black Mia with a purple lid would float my boat even more, mmhmm.

Arkadia wrote:

Laveila wrote:

What kind of Mia I have has nothing to do with the point of my post. I spoke to LH about the issue of my Mia's cap falling off and sent them photos. They told me that the lid of my purple Mia was not supposed to be like that, that it was a dud, and they were going to speak to Lelo about the issue. Like I said in my previous post, they are sending me a black Mia cap with the improved design. Which means they do have the improved black Mia lids in stock, and are able to send them out. Hence my post, to let people know they might want to get in contact with LH now about getting a new lid.

I think a purple Mia with a black lid is going to look great! Though a black Mia with a purple lid would float my boat even more, mmhmm.

It does, it is only the new Mia which has a new, improved cap, and I was reacting to your statement: Spoke to LH yesterday about my purple Mia and apparently the purple ones have the dud cap too. Which is not true. The newly improved Mia should not have it, but your Mia comes from the old version stock, so there should not be a statement, that Lelo make a mistake and put the dud cap on them, if they did not have it before hand. The cap problem was well known feature of the old Mia.I feel that its a misleading, but I know how long it took me to explain whats wrong with the cap. The situation is confusing.

Laveila wrote:

Arkadia wrote:

Laveila wrote:

It does, it is only the new Mia which has a new, improved cap, and I was reacting to your statement: Spoke to LH yesterday about my purple Mia and apparently the purple ones have the dud cap too. Which is not true. The newly improved Mia should not have it, but your Mia comes from the old version stock, so there should not be a statement, that Lelo make a mistake and put the dud cap on them, if they did not have it before hand. The cap problem was well known feature of the old Mia.I feel that its a misleading, but I know how long it took me to explain whats wrong with the cap. The situation is confusing.

I can't say for certain whether my Mia is the old or new version. It was despatched mid-April and I had to wait for it to come in stock. My initial post in this thread was to express my confusion as I spoke to LH customer service asking if they had the 'improved' Mias in stock. They said they didn't yet, so I waited until they did, and then ordered and received my Mia. My impression was the all the 'improved' Mias had the stronger motor, and so I was disappointed to find mine did not after asking LH whether or not I'd be receiving an 'improved' one. Part miscommunication and part lack of research on my part. I'm not sure what constitutes the new version of the purple Mia, unless its simply the lid, or if in the last few months they have released a purple one with an improved motor. All I know is I received mine in April and was told it was the new stock.

Regardless, LoveHoney told me the purple Mia I had should not have the problem cap, and it did. Yes, the situation is confusing :P

All new Mia should have new motor and improved cap. My black Mia (when I get the replacement) is very strong bullet - comparable to the We-Vibe bullets and those are very strong. If they told you its a new stock, I think was misunderstanding in communication, as Matt on this threat said they only stocked the black one when we talked about the cap problem here and there is still the note that the black is the new version, so I am not sure if the others are in new version. And if they did, maybe there was some old still in and you got it. I think I would ask for a switch from the purple to black, unless they really stocked the new Mia in purple. So I would not ask about the cap but whether or not I really have the new Mia.

Lovehoney - Matt O [sign in to see picture]

Hi All

Just to clarify!!

We only have the black Mias with the new style cap...all the other stock has the old style one. We do have a couple of spare black caps following the request from those customers who bought black ones, but for some inexplicable reason had old style caps supplied! We never got to the bottom of that one I'm afraid!

Hope that clears it up!

Matt

Divine69 [sign in to see picture]

So.......is the Mia worth buying? I'll go for a black one (with new cap hopefully!!) I LOVE super strong vibes and to be quiet would be great. Just checking background on it cos am REALLY keen on getting one V soon but good to know of probs. So anyway, its worth it yeah?? D69x :-)

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Yep the Mia is fab, def worth the money, and especially when they have the free lube offer on, as long as you get the new cap, it's def a good strong one.... I love mine :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.