• The new Mia cap question

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Well I used live chat and didn't get the best response, so much so Lh person said they contacted Lelo who told them that cap design hadn't changed..... Not overly reassuring, i suggested there were definitely two different designs as forum users could testify....

Fell pretty fed up to be honest, told to return it for 'checking' but if they found nothing wrong it would be sent back to me, when I suggested that if they believed what lelo said they would find nothing wrong, nothing was said....

Definitely a sour taste in my mouth today, not suggesting it is Lh's fault but their response was a bit rubbish, even when i said i was in a cast and couldn't get to the post office for a while, oh well, maybe i expected too much.

They did say they couldn't check their stock as it was hygienically sealed, just didnt seem too interested or concerned i was unhappy i guess....

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I am still waiting for a reply from customer service. The Mia is working perfectly fine in terms of power etc, but the cap is getting off especially if you take it off first for a charge etc! I did not take a picture of the old one, but I guess someone who has it can do it for us? Like silverdrop? Because I know this is not the same type of cap which my original black Mia had! And I swear by it! I can post links to reviews which do say the cap should be filled. I can send my back in if being told so. But this does not look too good so far.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Well I used live chat and didn't get the best response, so much so Lh person said they contacted Lelo who told them that cap design hadn't changed..... Not overly reassuring, i suggested there were definitely two different designs as forum users could testify....

Fell pretty fed up to be honest, told to return it for 'checking' but if they found nothing wrong it would be sent back to me, when I suggested that if they believed what lelo said they would find nothing wrong, nothing was said....

As I said, we can ask someone like Silverdrop to try it? or my old one was returned on Saturday, so maybe it was not yet dispose off?

And I have a foul taste in my mouth as I did a review of the black here and I would feel like a lier if I said the cap stays on and it is falling off easily

Am sure they'll reply soon Laveila, they did say they would 'check' it but not sure what for as they said Lelo told them cap hadn't changed.... but I've packaged mine up & will send it back as soon as I can or can get someone to do it for me....

Laveila wrote:

As I said, we can ask someone like Silverdrop to try it? or my old one was returned on Saturday, so maybe it was not yet dispose off?

Yes maybe they can ask returns to locate your old one as they won't check new ones? I did suggest they let Bonny or someone know in case this is an error on Lelo's part but the suggestion didn't get picked up or even acknowledged.

Fingers crossed gets sorted

If this is not sorted I guess I will have to ask for my review to be removed, because I cannot stand by what I said that the cap stays on and does not move when it does and not sure what I will get for a new clitoral toy. I loved the Mia, but if Lelo does not admit there is a problem with 2 types of cap and one type is the old hollow problematic type... I am not sure what I will be getting.

Well stay positive that it will get sorted. Let's see what they say when they reply to you.

If I can't get one with the new cap, not sure what I'll get either cos in all other aspects it is great.

this is what I got:

Hi Martina,

Thank you for contacting Lovehoney.

I have just had the same conversation with Miss Terry Cleavage. I am afraid that even though the Black version of the Lelo Mia Rechargeable Vibrator is a new colour the design has not changed, so perhaps you had received an abnormal lid the first time round.

I have spoken to our contact at Lelo this morning and she has confirmed that the design of the product has not changed, beside the internal motor, they have simply added an extra colour to the range.

If you are still un-happy with the product them please return it to us for a refund using the free-post returns label.

I hope this helps and if we can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards

Hmmm, how an earth could you have received an abnormal lid? What bout silverdrop & paradise found, what do they have? Why on so many sex toy review sites did it say, the cap had changed?

I would ask them to look at your returned one?

Here's that review that specifically mentions the changed cap....

http://www.heyepiphora.com/2011/02/review-mia-new-version/

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Just to let you know there is a MAJOR flurry of activity here investigating as much as we possibly can! Returns being pulled out of boxes, sites being scoured, stock being investigated.

Matt is trying to locate the one I sent back now.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Just to let you know there is a MAJOR flurry of activity here investigating as much as we possibly can! Returns being pulled out of boxes, sites being scoured, stock being investigated.

Should I feel bad? lol

they found my old one and can see the difference now

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Laveila wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Should I feel bad? lol

We just need to get to the bottom of it really, it'll certainly be strange if the entirely new black model has a mixture of cap designs.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Should I feel bad? lol

We just need to get to the bottom of it really, it'll certainly be strange if the entirely new black model has a mixture of cap designs.

Really glad my old Mia was still in as a proof of this! I know i was a bit pressing, but I really dont like the idea of reviews how the cap is better while some new Mias have the old type.

Great news, glad the old one was found so you can pursue this with Lelo....

As I said mine is packaged up to go back but I can't get to the post office at the minute so will be good to see here how this develops. Mine will be sent back asap.

Matt will let me know to my email what Lelo will say. and I wil let you know for sure. I will keep mine till I know how it goes. They opened a black Mia from stock apparently to see the cap and compared it to my old one. So lets see.

Fingers crossed then Leveila, hopefully Lelo will have some better answers when faced with evidence....

Lovehoney - Matt O [sign in to see picture]

Ok Guys and Gals

It does seem that the caps have changed, but I don't know which is the old and which is the new! I have emailed Lelo and am waiting for a response as I type!

I will give you all an update as soon as I hear back.

I hope you all understand that the LH Team (including Customer Care) can only check the stock we have, and do not necessarily know about changes we have not been told about!

The ones we have all have hollow caps so I am confused too!

You'll be the first to know when I hear back!

Cheers Amigos!

Matt

Oh dear. I think I got Matt completely confused

Pink and purple I think are the original Mia Lovehoney still stocks, black is the only version which is the new Mia.

The one you found from me in returns is the one which is supposed to be new cap, the black new Mia stock has hollow. The really original Mia has hollow, which is part of the reason why the cap was falling out and why the new stock is facing similar problems (especially in use). I think the hollow cap may effect some people decision to buy the Mia if the cap was changed back to the original, as for many the cap was the biggest issue on the original Mia. Thats one of the reasons why I want to know what is going on.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.