• The new Mia cap question

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I had to get replacement for my original Mia. What really picked my interest is a major cap difference. The original one had cap filled to prevent the USB port moving when used but the replacement has a completely hollow cap, which means it does move (I guess like the really original Mia) unlike my original improved Mia. I am just wondering if the first series had a different cap, or the replacement is missing the improvement of the cap.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I'm a bit confused so....

The "old style" Mia had a hollow cap (which I have) and is wobbly...

The "new" style had a filled cap...

And your "new" style Mia that replaced the original "new" style Mia has a hollow cap?

is that right?

I'd email customer services - what colour do you have? Could it be that the've sent the old one by mistake?

Adx

Yes, I have the black Mia (which is new only). The original I got had a glue problem and I needed replacement, but the replacement has a hollow cap while my original black version had filled cap.Which means I have a new style Mia with wobbly cap.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Laveila wrote:

Yes, I have the black Mia (which is new only). The original I got had a glue problem and I needed replacement, but the replacement has a hollow cap while my original black version had filled cap.Which means I have a new style Mia with wobbly cap.

Very strange! Let us know how you get on with customer services - the hollow cap is a major, major issue for the old style Mia and it does get more annoying with use ha! So you need to know what's happening!

Adxx

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Huh, I noticed this on my new black one aswell. It doesn't bother me at all because it seems to fit on tighter than my old Mia's, but I did wonder why it didn't have the ridges i'd seen online.

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

My black Mia has the filled in cap, so it only goes on one way.

So it looks like the original Lovehoney got had filled cap and the new stock has hollow. dont tell me I am stuck with wobbly version, because I dont like it after 2 uses at all. It does move and mine was almost half off before I finished.

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

I just checked my black one, ordered last week & cap is hollow, is this wrong? It does seem loose & not sure I'd use that end.

Let us know what they say, may consider returning mine...

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I just checked my black one, ordered last week & cap is hollow, is this wrong? It does seem loose & not sure I'd use that end.

I think it should be filled. My original black was. Thats why I am annoyed with the replacement and also really confussed.

Strange that there should be two types? I thought the black was new so therefore should only be the improved version?

Yep. I took the cap off to charge it and it does come very easily off now. I hope someone in Lovehoney will have a look into it tomorrow and let us all know what happened.

I've read a few things on google suggesting cap should be different to the one I have too, hopefully someone from Lh can confirm?

It seriously should. I am hoping they will notice this discussion soon or I will be mailing them. One review says: The cap now has silicone grooves and plastic slots on the inside.

Thats what my original black Mia had, but this replacament does not and the cap is moving after being taken out for recharge a lot!

paradise found [sign in to see picture]

I didn't have the old one but I do have the new, black, one and it has ridges all around the inside of the cap. Fits quite snugly and doesn't move at all

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Have you been in touch with Customer Care, Laveila?

I think we must have 'old' stock then? But I thought the black was only available in 'new' version?

Alice:

Not yet, but glad I actually posted here, because it seems that the new stock has this problem.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I think we must have 'old' stock then? But I thought the black was only available in 'new' version?

My original black was Lovehoney original stock, but this one is after restocking.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hi Laveila - could you get in touch with Customer Care who will be able to investigate for you? Customer Care can miss threads on the forum quite easily.

It does seem a very odd issue as all the black Lelo Mias are the 'new' design.

Very odd then, cos my cap is def hollow & smooth.

Lavella, would you post the name of who you talk to here so I can mention it, I would use the chat but I'm in plaster typing with one hand extremely slowly....

I sent a request using the contact us form, so lets see how quick I get a reply. I will also post any information here, as this seems to be a more wide spread issue after the restocking (the original black Mia stock was the good one).

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Hi Laveila - could you get in touch with Customer Care who will be able to investigate for you? Customer Care can miss threads on the forum quite easily.

It does seem a very odd issue as all the black Lelo Mias are the 'new' design.

Sent mail in, lets see. and it is interesting issue. And I guess its lucky I got to compare and noticed it (after the cap was half off it was easy to get my attention). I believe the cap on the new Lovehoney stock is wrong (not Lovehoney fault in any way).

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.