• A question of batteries

    1303429170
    Clare Reynolds [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 8
    • Joined: 7 Dec 2010

    Haven't found any threads about this so far, so I figured I'd go ahead and ask... assuming you use toys that need batteries, where/how do you store your batteries? Do you have a special stash for your toy collection?

    I am trying to find a good container to store batteries in because, living with others, I like to keep my toys and everything else private, but haven't had many good ideas. Don't like to keep batteries in toys when they aren't being used, of course, because I'm always terrified they'll melt...=)

    (If there are any threads about this, feel free to enlighten me!)

    1303429895
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 455
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    Fererro Rocher box is the way to go!

    >_>

    I mean, are the people you live with all that likely to snoop through your room and find some batteries, and then question why you have them? Doesn't everyone have batteries? Maybe I'm just being totally naive... =3

    1303430042
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2341
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    Well. I dont consider batteries something I need to hide even from my parents as they are unlikely to have any idea its for a sex toys, my toys are either on AAA or AA and those are used for all sort of things - MP3 players, cameras, even have a torch using AA batteries. I usually keep them in my table, because as I said, I am using them for all sort of things. I even share new batteries I have in reserves with my friends/family in need.

    When using it for a sex toy I usually leave it near the toy in the night table.

    1303430249
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Hi Clare,

    For AA and AAA batteries, we use plastic battery cases of the type that you can purchase here (and presumably from other stockists):

    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=100599

    Incidentally, we've found that the latest breed of rechargeable NiMH batteries are much better than older ones in terms of holding their charge and delivering power to a vibrator. Check out Sanyo Eneloop batteries, or the own-brand "Good to Go" equivalent here:

    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=107341

    A couple of years ago, we found that rechargeable NiMH batteries performed very poorly in toys (they just wouldn't deliver the same power punch) but, with this latest version, we're unable to tell the difference from alkaline (non-rechargeable) cells.

    (I ought to add that I don't have any connection with 7dayshop.com apart from being a satisfied customer, and our tests are limited to only a couple of vibrators -- others may be different. Perhaps LH could conduct more detailed trials and consider stocking these new types of rechargeable batteries if they're confirmed to work just as well as non-rechargeable ones across a wide range of products)

    I hope this is helpful.

    1303431146
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    I keep mine in a plastic bag in my toy drawer, or on my desk in the cardboard packaging they come in.

    I've never been embarrased about the batteries particuarly as most toys run on AA/AAA nowadays. I do have one or two that run on C batteries but can explain it away as torch batteries or something.

    1303431159
    Clare Reynolds [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 8
    • Joined: 7 Dec 2010

    I don't mind if they find ones I keep for say, digital cameras or flashlights, etc...

    But I like to keep a stash of batteries in my toy bag so everything I need for using them is all in one place, y'know? I don't often feel safe using toys in my room unless I'm the only one home, since the only room with a lock in my house is the bathroom... and batteries are very difficult to keep track of, I don't want to accidentally lose them in some towels/bathrobes while smuggling them back and forth from my room, especially really small batteries like for bullets...

    The Ferrerro Rocher box I might try...maybe could convince someone to get me some for Easter and just recycle the box as I see fit? ;)

    Thanks for the suggestions, Cuddly Hubby! I have seen that kind of case for AA and triple A's before... might be worth getting some, I think. As for battery performance, I find my mixed variety of batteries fine with all my toys and always have... but the trials might be a good idea nonetheless. Thanks. =)

    I could possibly use a plastic bag for the smaller ones, I suppose! Would make sense.

    1303431932
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4261
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    I just keep them all the new ones in a little food bag in my electronics/wires drawer (it's not just men who have a drawer like this is it? I've always had one by my desk) then the ones that have been "started" get left in toys but with the caps half off and I'll leave those with batteries in somewhere easy to reach so I use them until I drain the batteries and they go "away" empty. I tend to keep my easy to reach toys under my pillow so their out of sight from prying eyes.

    Adx

    1303432623
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2341
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    Where do you live? I dont have a lock on my door either, but I have it for myself and unless there would be emergency, noone in the house would come in it without previous invitation. And they knock. And at home using toys with this attittude would be impossible, as the bathroom does not have lock either, nor has my room. I just close the door shut (at home I always make sure parents are asleep) and have fun.

    1303432998
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 455
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I tend to keep my easy to reach toys under my pillow so their out of sight from prying eyes.

    Adx

    I am so glad I'm not the only one who keeps a couple of toys under her pillow...

    1303433331
    wettongues [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 62
    • Joined: 23 May 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I just keep them all the new ones in a little food bag in my electronics/wires drawer (it's not just men who have a drawer like this is it? I've always had one by my desk) then the ones that have been "started" get left in toys but with the caps half off and I'll leave those with batteries in somewhere easy to reach so I use them until I drain the batteries and they go "away" empty. I tend to keep my easy to reach toys under my pillow so their out of sight from prying eyes.

    Adx

    I have a wires drawer too, but then I'm a bit of a computer/electronics geek!!

    I keep toys under my pillow.

    I keep batteries in a sturdy little gift bag thingy

    1303433717
    Clare Reynolds [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 8
    • Joined: 7 Dec 2010

    Laveila wrote:

    Where do you live? I dont have a lock on my door either, but I have it for myself and unless there would be emergency, noone in the house would come in it without previous invitation. And they knock. And at home using toys with this attittude would be impossible, as the bathroom does not have lock either, nor has my room. I just close the door shut (at home I always make sure parents are asleep) and have fun.

    I live in a terrace house with my parents, I must admit... sadly they don't always knock, even though I ask them to. I just can't focus on having any kind of fun when there's always the possibility they might enter unexpectedly...even when they're meant to be asleep, it's never a sure thing...the walls are very thin too. Hoping to move out once I've finished all my college courses though! That would make everything easier. =P

    1303437593
    ZombieCpl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 362
    • Joined: 19 Nov 2010

    batteries!!! this is a nightmare for us. i have one pair of rechargable batteries which i usually keep for the camera but on the occasion use them for toys. we usually buy batteries only for toys but always end up taking them out to use for other things and used batteries get kept and then we complain when we put batteries in toys that dont work

    1303462543
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2341
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    Clare Reynolds wrote:

    Laveila wrote:

    Where do you live? I dont have a lock on my door either, but I have it for myself and unless there would be emergency, noone in the house would come in it without previous invitation. And they knock. And at home using toys with this attittude would be impossible, as the bathroom does not have lock either, nor has my room. I just close the door shut (at home I always make sure parents are asleep) and have fun.

    I live in a terrace house with my parents, I must admit... sadly they don't always knock, even though I ask them to. I just can't focus on having any kind of fun when there's always the possibility they might enter unexpectedly...even when they're meant to be asleep, it's never a sure thing...the walls are very thin too. Hoping to move out once I've finished all my college courses though! That would make everything easier. =P

    Walls too thin.... I know how my parents can be loud when they think I or my sister are asleep I can hear it across the whole flat and the walls are not so completely thin Luckily I have vibrator, which is barely audible from under blanket, so at least that will not cause me embarasment. And yes, moving out does make things easier. Not sure I will move out 100% anytime soon, as I may be still continuing as student for next few years, meaning I will be still partly depending on my parents.

    1303463473
    mr_man [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 50
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2011

    Clare Reynolds wrote:

    Laveila wrote:

    Where do you live? I dont have a lock on my door either, but I have it for myself and unless there would be emergency, noone in the house would come in it without previous invitation. And they knock. And at home using toys with this attittude would be impossible, as the bathroom does not have lock either, nor has my room. I just close the door shut (at home I always make sure parents are asleep) and have fun.

    I live in a terrace house with my parents, I must admit... sadly they don't always knock, even though I ask them to. I just can't focus on having any kind of fun when there's always the possibility they might enter unexpectedly...even when they're meant to be asleep, it's never a sure thing...the walls are very thin too. Hoping to move out once I've finished all my college courses though! That would make everything easier. =P

    i also still live at home and often find that i can never completely let go when masturbating, knocking is very inconsistant.

    a free house is always fun!

    how about one of those sealable tupperware boxes Clare? they come in all shapes and sizes.

    1303471033
    Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 460
    • Joined: 27 Jan 2009

    Our local hardware shop stocks little "Multi-Purpose Storage" boxes in a variety of sizes (made by Whitefurze) for less than a pound each. My wife uses these to store her pairs of stockings tidily and prevent them getting mixed up! I have a 150ml box in front of me which cost 70p and is big enough to hold at least 10 x AA batteries -- probably more.

    Failing that, try a Pound Shop. They often have small plastic lunchboxes which would do the job. I'm not sure how much they cost, though.

    My wife and I are also familiar with the problems of sharing a house during our activities. It's a shame when one of us clearly wants to get more vocal but we're forced to "keep it down". I've been searching for a TV or radio channel which doesn't draw much attention in itself but regularly contains the right sorts of sounds to mask our grunts, moans and rhythmical noises.

    We also have a recurring and comical problem that, when things really get going for us, the headboard on our bed starts thumping loudly against the wall, forcing us to stop and pad out the gap with a pillow. I suppose we really should have thought of a better solution to that by now.

    1303493717
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 672
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    I can't enjoy battery powered toys as I feel like I need it to be quick and dirty. I always feel like i'm wasting them, and worry they will run out on me.

    This is probably why all my vibes are now rechargables. I can't tell you how good it is to know that you can use a toy as much as you like, and can just plug it in like you would your phone and go again when you need to.

    As for storage, maybe you could get a small gift box from a card shop? They're fairly cheap, sturdy and come in loads of colours and patterns.

    1303495945
    Clare Reynolds [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 8
    • Joined: 7 Dec 2010

    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys, I must say they've been quite helpful. I'm going shopping tomorrow so I'll have a look around for some of the things you've mentioned. =)

    I really want some rechargables...never had one before, I don't think. They would be a lot easier to use on impulse. But my toy collection is still fairly small and I'm sure it will grow with time... I am rather addicted to making purchases on here...

    1303499092
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2341
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    With rechargable batteries the trouble is that they can get stuck in some toys. I did not have that problem yet, but someone had.

    But I agree. Rechargable are great. Or rechargable toy

    1303897816
    rose hip [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 19 Aug 2010

    Clare Reynolds wrote:

    to keep a stash of batteries in my toy bag so everything I need for using them is all in one place, y'know? I don't often feel safe using toys in my room unless I'm the only one home, since the only room with a lock in my house is the bathroom... and batteries are very difficult to keep track of, I don't want to accidentally lose them in some towels/bathrobes while smuggling them back and forth from my room, especially really small batteries like for bullets...

    How about something like a sponge bag or wee cosmetic purse? Batteries will roll around in a plastic box and your parents might wonder why you took a sandwich into the loo. ;-)

    For two decades I had one of those jewelry rolls that I had no idea what to do with (took me most of the first to even figure out what the thing was). Finally got rid of it and now I've finally found the perfect use for it. %-) All of those little pockets would be excellent for battteries.

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.