• Home Made Restraints ^_^

HappyCouple [sign in to see picture]

Ok, following some discussions on this forum, even though I have already bought some similar restraints off LH, I decided to make my own (for fun).

Materials:

5 MTRS 20mm BLACK WEBBING POLYPROPYLENE - £2.20

D Rings - 25mm Chrome - pack of 20 - £1.74

Sew on VELCRO Black Tape/Hook & Loop 20mm x 1 meter - £1.05

(also invest in some good strong thread and needles )

All the prices above are what I paid via that well known auction house (including delivery). Total: £4.99

Anyway, I will not lie, it is much, much, much quicker to buy the cuffs from LH direct but it was a labour of love and passion . From the materials listed above you can easily make 2 sets of ankle and wrist restraints plus have enough webbing left over to create:

• over-the-door,
    • under the bed
    • or even a hog-tie.

Anyway here is what I ended up with:

http://db.tt/VIlLXhP or:

http://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/lu7f7wexv14il45/Photos/IMAG0069.jpg

The dimensions for the cuffs are (to fit most/any sizes):

Wrist --> 12 Inches

Ankle --> 16 Inches

I designed these with a 5 inch overlap.

After cutting 2 Ankle and 2 Wrist lengths, wave a lighter over the ends to seal the edges of the webbing to prevent fraying. Then cut 4 * 5 inch lengths of each of the velcro strips. At this stage it is only important to ensure that whichever end you sew the velcro (soft) loops onto, flip and rotate the item around to place the velcro hooks (hard) onto the opposite side).

Tip: try putting it onto your wrist after you have sewn in one of the velcro strips to double check which way around the other needs to go.

After you have all the velcro attached, you are ready to cut 4*2 Inch strips of webbing (and re-seal the ends with a lighter again being careful not to burn the ends).

These strips are going to go in the middle of the restraints holding on the D-ring's.

Tip: place a ring in the middle of the 2 inch strip and then sew it in place by sewing a line just under it almost like making an "A" shape with the webbing.

Finally you will be really close to finishing the restraints. Just work out which way around the restraints go (rough hooks facing outwards!!!), Find the middle of the restraints and sew the edges into place. I designed boxes with an X in the middle to ensure they stay in place. If my words don't explain it clearly here is a picture:

http://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/17mwbkw8acd7q99/Photos/IMAG0070.jpg

Unless you are an expert with a sewing box you will need a few hours to do this but as I said at the start its a bit of fun, could even do it together!

Oh yeah, for those of you wanting to know how to make an over-the-door setup, just thread the remaining webbing through the D-rings and check your ''victim's'' height (with arms comfortably in the air), tie a knot in the webbing (doubled over) and throw the knot over the door before closing it.

Thanks to littlemiss1981 ? for actually giving me the crazy idea of making something myself.

Hope you enjoyed reading my first how-to-sex-toys guide .

Note to LoveHoney: Start stocking Black Polypropylene Webbing! It's fantastic for restraints.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.