• Cobra Libre Charger Problems?

WandA [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty wrote:

Strange Days wrote:

Email today from LH CC.

Replacement Cobra is in the post....!!

Result - hopefully...

Fingers Crossed - it feels like you've been waiting ages, just from remembering when you originally posted!

Maybe we haven't heard more because he's busy.

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

If there is a design issue with the charger that LH or FF want an electronics designer to look at I'd be happy to do that for them.

Strange Days [sign in to see picture]

Got new Cobra today. It now charging.

Charging behaviour is 'exactly' as FF describe. The FF logo on the mag plug is pulsing - as is the light on the Cobra. Never saw that with the 1st one.

On charge since around 6pm - still going...! Despite the temptation, will allow it to fully charge.

More news, as/when.

(This is the only news. Not delayed by being busy... My original order was the Xmas day special - 25th Dec, 9-00 to 12-00. So, it has been more than 1 month.....)

Over a month. Ouch! I think LH should give you something for the trouble...

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

They did! Half off!

*grumbles*

Well then well done LH! I love 'em.

It still works...!

Lights glow, motors wizz, etc. Which is much better than the first one did....!!!

Hmm.. yes, well its a good job I did get it half price.. but even £45 is still quite a lot - IMHO - for a 'toy'.

LH did what they could, I guess. (I had a msg to say mine was posted, well before the automated Back In Stock msg arrived. Msg was sent Monday, Royal Mail 'carded' me Tuesday, I picked it up Wednesday.)

Hopefully, this is the end of the story.............

Oooo I thought you got it half half price! Boo.

No. The Xmas special price was £45. That's what I paid.

The month waiting (for one that worked....) was 'free'.

LongJ [sign in to see picture]

FIX YOUR COBRA LIBRE - GUIDE

So I had a few problems (which I've also seen a few other people have here):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROBLEM 1: Buttons and LED don't seem to be active. (ie. Buttons and LED are dead.)

Solution 1: This took a few steps to correct:

- 1.You have to first pop off the circular caps, near the charger end of the Libre.

-1a. You'll need some sort of pliers or vice-grip, and it WILL slightly damage the nice finish of the unit. (The pliers need to open enough to grasp each side of the circular cap.)

-1b. Once your pliers are secure, pull and twist (twist slightly only). You should be able to pop off the cap with a bit of force. It'll probably take a few tries. And it WILL break the fastening mechanism that holds the caps on. (The two caps actually lock together to eachother inside the unit.) Hopefully it won't break them enough that they still can't lock together when you're reassembling this unit.

-1c. Once one cap is off, you can easily push the other one out from inside the unit. (Be careful not to lose the o-rings that fit onto the end of each cap!... these will keep water out of the unit when cleaning.

-2. Make sure all the wires are plugged in! (In my case, the wire/plug for the control pad had come loose.)

-2a. If more than one wire isn't connected, you've got a bit more of a problem, and SHOULDN'T guess which one belongs where, as this could (and likely will) cause permanent damage to the unit.

-3. Make sure the unit is working before you put the caps back on. (I actually had to unplug the battery wire, and plug it back in before it would work. Before that, the LED was just flashing, and the buttons did nothing.)

-4. Once working, make sure the o-rings are on the caps, and pop them back in.

-5. ENJOY!

(NOTE: You can also reverse the positions of the two wires that disapper into the business end of the unit... these just control the two motors. I haven't actually tried this, but it could result in a bit different feeling, as the two motors will swap times when they engage/disengage.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROBLEM 2: Charger doesn't seem to be working.

Solution 2: (This is actually more of a test to verify if your charger is actually busted.) Plug it in, and QUICKLY stick your tongue to the magnetic contacts on the Fun Factory end of the charger. If you feel a tingling sensation, your charger isn't broken. If there's no tingling, you've got a problem,. (DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF THERE'S NOTICEABLE DAMAGE TO THE CHARGER.) You can also use a multi-metre to test this if you know how to use one!... and this would obviously be preferrable.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.