• hatachi gone!!!

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

Muz even though it's being discontinued don't forget to give us a review in case it makes it back!

It's strangely still showing in stock...

x

Muz333 [sign in to see picture]

Yeah, I definitely will, arrives tomorrow and I'll put it to the test on Friday when we're both off work. She doesn't know what I've bought though so I'll have her tied up and blindfolded to experience it.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried it keeps saying in stock but after checking about 100 times I've definitely got it ordered. :)

Did you get it yet?!

x

Argh meant to add - how powerful is it? I'm so curious!

x

I slept in and have to go collect it from the post office tomorrow. Damn these late shifts at work, about the first time the "gauranteed before 2:00pm post arrived before 1:58pm". :(

Absolutely typical! I've got something waiting for me at the post office too - came at 6.30am! I was sure I dreamt that knock at the door, but sure enough I had a little red note waiting for me!

x

Ouch, well I believe this arrived somewhere between 9-10:30am. I'll be putting it to the test tomorrow and I'm really excited to see just how much more oomf you get in rechargeable toy's compared to battery toys. Plus means I don't have to buy more pesky batteries.

Wow, it does have a good kick to it all right. I'll make sure to right a comprehensive review later on tonight or early tomorrow when I've been able to test it with my other half. The vibrations are definitely strong enough to numb my hand in a matter of seconds and coupled with some restraints I see a fun filled night ahead.

On the negative side however there is no LED screen to show when it's charging, charge status or even instructions to say how long it takes to charge. Other than those pretty minor points this seems like a definite winner. If I can I'll try and see how long it takes to run out of juice between recharges.

Perhaps a quick question to customer services might throw some light on it? Or if you see Ecks around you can ask her how long she charges hers for?

x

It's all right, after a few hours I figured it was enough, by jove is it powerful though. I can't even stand holding the end with my hand so it's going to be fun to see just how much she squirms tonight!

Blimey! Sounds like she is in for a good night hun!

x

In all honesty I think it's too powerful but hey, I enjoy watching her squirm as much as she enjoys climaxing so it should be a good night. (:

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Muz333 wrote:

In all honesty I think it's too powerful but hey, I enjoy watching her squirm as much as she enjoys climaxing so it should be a good night. (:

Sounds a bloody good night Muz!

Well, one things for sure, it doesn't take any longer than a minute for the first climax to occur!

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Sometimes I leave mine plugged in when I'm not using it, other times I don't. I reason that 24 hours should be enough to fully charge it, although I've not noticed any difference in power depending on how charged it is.

Yeah, I reckon a couple of hours should do it but 24 hours would definitely do it.

puss [sign in to see picture]

I absolutely love my wand and wouldn't give it up for anything. :)

atlanta [sign in to see picture]

Good thing it was discontinued because despite all the publicity this is a toy that is not made to last. See the post below:

I bought a Hitachi Magic Wand last year with enjoyable results. It was lovely for giving massages and I found that if I held the head against a butt plug or dildo that the results were also delicious.

Alas it broke down yesterday. I dismantled it and found that the spring connection between the head and the motor had become detached. I was able to reattach them and enjoy the toy yesterday evening.

Today I was clearing up and switched the toy on - as one does - and it broke down again.

Again dismantled it but this time could not reattach the head to the motor. The spring seems to have failed.

Bah. It was quite expensive and now I'll have to bin it. Only a little more than a year old. Not good Hitachi. I won't be buying one of your nuclear power stations any time soon.

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

One of the potential issues is that it will have been designed for operation on a 60Hz supply and we, of course, have a 50Hz mains. So, although a transformer can drop the voltage down to 110v the frequency remains wrong. Being lower than the intended frequency means that the deflection of the armature is likely to be greater than intended (resonance issues aside). Also the peak current in the drive coil is likely to be greater than if the unit were being run on 60Hz.

These sorts of issues used to affect lots of electrical goods (remember the Hitachi Wand is a very old design). Perhaps these issues (and not the electrical safety question) are why Hitachi don't want them imported to the UK.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

By all accounts, the real reasonw as that Hitachi didn't like it being thought of as a sex toy (snort!) and had been trying for years to force sex toy retailers to stop stocking them, with no success until this 'sudden revelation' that the currents are different (oh how convenient, indeed!).

My fella has had one for years, and others I've talked to have, too, and none have ever had an issue. I don't think one person having a dodgy one means a lot, you can find one person who got a dud with pretty much any product on the market.

Atlanta, have you tried contacting Hitachi themselves or the retailer for a refund? They probably wouldn't be able to replace it, but they're not designed to break down like that, so surely they'd be willing to give you some goodwill gesture if not a full refund, as it must have been a duff one (unless you were in the habit of hurling it at walls, which I'd assume not).

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.