• Right toy - Wrong lube?

obsessionnumber1 [sign in to see picture]

In my last order, I bought a Lovehoney Reversible Double Stroker Extreme Ridges.
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30097

This was my first toy of this type as I had never used a male mastabater before. My previous purchases have been mostly in the anal or accessory division but I thought, what they hey right?

Overall, quite happy with it and the sensations are intense but more often than not I find that I'm using tonnes of lube as it dries out quite quickly. It ends up pulling the foreskin back to the point where it is uncomfortable.

I've tried a variety of water based lubes included lovehoney branded Discover but again it's very hit and miss. I'm not blaming the toy here, I must have very absorbant skin... - I often use a silicone lube for handjobs and during anal (without toys) as I have heard all too often about why we shouldn't mix silicone lube with non-glass/metal toys as it could react and degrade the toy.

Is the no silicone lube rule still the case with a 'skin-safe rubber' toy that remains outside the body such as as this? Or will the rubber break away and damage?

Can anyone recommend a remedy? Has anyone risked mixing silicone lube with a rubber toy and lived to tell the tale...?

Thanks for any help guys.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

It can wear down some rubber too, so it's not something that's usually recommended, but if you'd really prefer to use this type of lubricant then I would do a patch test on the toy first to see how the two react. Your best bet might be a hybrid lubricant with a very small percentage of silicone in it? Either of those two ideas would need to be tested on the toy beforehand and even after that, I would pay close attention to the toy and make sure no damage has taken place since the last use.

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I was thinking maybe you could try a thicker water based lube designed for anal play. It might work better, I would recommend Maximus :)

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

Sxleksaker wrote:

I was thinking maybe you could try a thicker water based lube designed for anal play. It might work better, I would recommend Maximus :)

Yep, this. Or Lubido.
    luvved up cupple [sign in to see picture]

I've been through a few of these type of strokers, I find after a few uses they soften up a little. I often (but less so recently) use the LH warming delay lube and, give the sleeve a thorough wash BEFORE using hot to warm water in an effort to soften it up a little before hand. I usually find a second lube application necessary but not a huge issue.

Hope this helps

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Remember with any water based lube, if it starts to dry out in use, a few sprinkles of water will often restore its effect? for a while as its the water thats missing.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.