• Dildo too hard - any advice please?

    1474987476
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 351
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    Seems I'm not to great in chosing a dildo for my wife . First one was far too big for her, now this one is OK but she feels that it's too hard inside her and feels uncomfortable in a way she can't explain. She is good with using one ( we've discussed many times and is happy to experiment ) and whilst I'd love to get her to choose one with me she's a very busy lady and when we do look together she gets too giggly or hot under the collar to choose one!

    This is the one

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28715&ReviewPage=10#customer_reviews

    A suction cup would be needed again.

    Any help gratefully welcomed

    1474987763
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5741
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    Is she using enough (if any) lubricant? This could help a lot!

    If she is and the firmness is still an issue, I'd look for a glossier silicone that reads flexible in the specs. Something like the Tantus Silk Large might be an option?

    1474988279
    Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4218
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2012

    Lube was my first thought too

    1474988936
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6260
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    Perhaps something like this one could be good. It has very high reviews, and I think I have heard it mentioned that it feels really nice to the touch, and not too hard (so to speak - lol).

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16827

    I also echo what has been said about using lubricant with her toy, it really is essential for comfort xx

    1474989402
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 351
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    Thanks for the suggestions so far. She gets pretty wet naturally and never seems that keen on using lube ( we have the Lovehoney stuff ). She is fearful it will cause some sort of reaction to her skin ( she is pretty sensitive in that way ).

    More suggestions much appreciated if anyone can add? Similar size would be good. Many dildos seem focused on massive sizes but she is only small in height and build.

    1474989514
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 351
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    Thanks! Pity it doesn't have a suction base but something along those lines would be good I guess.

    1474989584
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 351
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    Scorpius12 wrote:

    Perhaps something like this one could be good. It has very high reviews, and I think I have heard it mentioned that it feels really nice to the touch, and not too hard (so to speak - lol).

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16827

    I also echo what has been said about using lubricant with her toy, it really is essential for comfort xx

    Thanks! Pity it doesn't have a suction base but something along those lines would be good I guess.

    1474989657
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5741
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    Lubricant really is essential when using toys to maximise comfort. So if she's not using it, that might be the cause of the problem.

    I have sensitive skin too and I have had no problem with the Lovehoney Enjoy Lube, but I would highly recommend Sliquid or Yes Water-Based as they're two of the most natural lubricants on the market :)

    1474991180
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 351
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    NatandTom wrote:

    Lubricant really is essential when using toys to maximise comfort. So if she's not using it, that might be the cause of the problem.

    I have sensitive skin too and I have had no problem with the Lovehoney Enjoy Lube, but I would highly recommend Sliquid or Yes Water-Based as they're two of the most natural lubricants on the market :)

    We've used it before and didn't seem to react with her skin. Whenever I've mentionned using some ( unless it was when we had the bigger toy ) she doesn't want to use. I've even suggested it might make things easier/comfortable but she says it's not that she is more than wet enough but it feels too firm.

    Maybe I could try and persuade her next time if uncomfortable..

    1474991461
    Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4218
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2012

    Why don't people wanna use lube! It confuses me! Things are so much better with a bit of lube

    1474991576
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5741
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    Sub, I know many people who don't want to use lube because they feel like there's something wrong with them if they do :(

    1474992587
    Treasure90 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 47
    • Joined: 16 Aug 2016

    How about this one? I've only tried the one without the suction cup, but that one is incredible. It's quite flexible as well, so that might fix the problem? But lube is essential! ;)

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27161

    1474992743
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2573
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2016

    NatandTom wrote:

    Sub, I know many people who don't want to use lube because they feel like there's something wrong with them if they do :(

    Agree with this, I felt that way.

    But now, if it ain't lubed, it ain't going in!!!!

    Xxx

    1474993107
    Banannabelsplit [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 427
    • Joined: 24 Nov 2015

    If she's really worried about having a reaction because of lube, I reccomend the sliquid brand. Their lubes are glycerin and paraben free, ph balancing, and hypoallergenic. And they all contain very simple ingredients.

    1474993278
    Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1292
    • Joined: 27 Feb 2010

    This one is suction cup, silicone, dual density, so it's soft on the outside with a firmer core. and at only 4.5 inch circumference it's the same as an average penis. It is £80 though. And lube is a must for silicone it does drag on the skin otherwise. The only dildo that is super slipery is glass but thats rock hard, but still a favorite of mine.

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28314

    1474993697
    Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4218
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2012

    NatandTom wrote:

    Sub, I know many people who don't want to use lube because they feel like there's something wrong with them if they do :(

    well, they're wrong!!

    :)

    1475000865
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 351
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    Treasure90 wrote:

    How about this one? I've only tried the one without the suction cup, but that one is incredible. It's quite flexible as well, so that might fix the problem? But lube is essential! ;)

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27161

    I like the look of this one. I'll add to the list! Thanks!

    1475000961
    BigPoppa [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 351
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2010

    Alicia4Ever wrote:

    This one is suction cup, silicone, dual density, so it's soft on the outside with a firmer core. and at only 4.5 inch circumference it's the same as an average penis. It is £80 though. And lube is a must for silicone it does drag on the skin otherwise. The only dildo that is super slipery is glass but thats rock hard, but still a favorite of mine.

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28314

    Looks awesome but I'm already in bother for spending too much on toys for her. Perhaps if she gets into using one more she might go for it later. Cheers!

    1475006932
    Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1292
    • Joined: 27 Feb 2010

    BigPoppa wrote:

    Treasure90 wrote:

    How about this one? I've only tried the one without the suction cup, but that one is incredible. It's quite flexible as well, so that might fix the problem? But lube is essential! ;)

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27161

    I like the look of this one. I'll add to the list! Thanks!

    I hope you realise it has a 5.5 inch girth compared to the hard one you have, at 4 inch girth. thats a fair difference.

    1475020466
    Briona87 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1075
    • Joined: 29 Jun 2014

    Vixen Mustang dildos are much "softer" to touch than these Lovehoney dildos. In my opinion (I have a Mustand an an 8 inch version of Lovehoney's own silicone dildo, formerly sold as a "Colours" range toy), each of these toys delivers very different sensations.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.