• Pipedream Metal Dildo

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

Can anyone remember the Pipeworks metal dildo that came in the cool metal box? Anyone have one?

I've had mine for around 2ish years, used every couple of months, stored in a satin bag inside a zippy toy case. I've just gotten it out today while having a spring clean and noticed it smells very badly of metal. I've cleaned it with sex toy cleaner and that didn't work, so I cleaned it with soap and hot water and I can still smell this metallic smell.

Am I right in thinking it's not safe to use anymore? Has anyone else had this problem? I have the pipedream nipple clamps from the same range, bought around the same time, used more frequently and I don't have an issue with them.

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]
    Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

I have one of those, X. I've seen other information about the net that behind the shiny exterior lies nickel, so yeah if you have any doubts, get rid.

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

Nickel 👎 I'd agree with Sub.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

One of mine formed copper oxide.

It's coated metal (coated with chrome) so will have other metals under the top coating to allow it to stick onto the steel. Nickel is common.

Banannabelsplit [sign in to see picture]

When something smells, it's time to get rid of it. Non-toxic toys should have no odour and you really don't want to be putting something potentially harmful in your body.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.