• Is this type of M. M. product dissappointing results just for me?

RayFaeTroon [sign in to see picture]

How many of the LH community have had to return items purely because they fail to 'do what they say on the tin' as the saying goes?

For Example:

ROOKIE 10 FUNCTION PROSTRATE MASSAGER, apart from performing a mini 'freshen up' of the entry point area, this item did nothing pleasurable for me.
    I persevered after taking advice from the LH live chat advisor, an unusually frank 'discussion' that I thought I would never share with a 'stranger'

Then there was the OH FORCE MALE MASTURBATOR which was more like O DEAR than Oh FORCE! It's predecessor was the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32886 which 'came' close to meeting expectations and promises made, but again, not quite 'cutting it'

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35543 was the third to be tested, and to be fair, although it failed it's ultimate goal, it was a pleasurable experience. I would have been happy with that, had it not caused a minor burn to the tip of the item it was pleasuring. It is now winging its way to L.H.

As with 'The Force' may the fourth M. M. be both 'what it says it can do on the box' and not attempt to 'set fire' to . . . . well I think you know what.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Not every toy works for everyone unfortunately.

When a toy doesn't work for me, I just accept it as that and try something else. If a toy promises something and doesn't deliver for me, but others are raving about it, it's clear to me that it's just not for me due to my anatomy, experience and/or tastes. If no-one is raving about it, it's clear to me that it's the product at fault.

It doesn't always mean it's a bad product or "doesn't do what it says on the tin" because it doesn't work for you, it could simply mean that you're not compatible.

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

This is why I buy from Lovehoney. Obviously the no questions asked returns policy is great but also for the reviews. Hope you find a toy that suits you soon.

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

Some toys may take a while to get used to, you have 365 days to try it, and non can expected to work for everyone.

As for that one burning you, I assume you mean a friction burn, in which case you must have needed more lube.

If you read reviews for a product, you will often see some people rave about a particular products fantastic performance and some will say just didn't do it for me. You have sent the products back, so I hope the 4th one is more to your liking.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Do you wank by hand a lot?
    If so, it is possible you have a nasty side effect whereby you've trained your cock into liking the way you wank and anything else it finds off putting.
    I'm afraid the only way round this is to cut it off - the wanting I mean; completely abstain for a while.and then try again, trying to vary your technique.
    Or you could just try to fight through pain and force an unlearning, but I hear cutting it off is much more effective.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

If so, it is possible you have a nasty side effect whereby you've trained your cock into liking the way you wank and anything else it finds off putting.
    I'm afraid the only way round this is to cut it off - the wanting I mean; completely abstain for a while.and then try again, trying to vary your technique.
    Or you could just try to fight through pain and force an unlearning, but I hear cutting it off is much more effective.

I'm with sub on this one, it's very easy to learn a technique you enjoy and no toy will ever do the same thing. So abstanamce could be the only way forward. Then maybe a stroker, a different feeling, then reintroduce the toys once you can really enjoy the stroker. Well worth a try.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

RayFaeTroon wrote:

How many of the LH community have had to return items purely because they fail to 'do what they say on the tin' as the saying goes?

I returned immediately for lack of vibrations: battery-operated Tracy Cox G-Spot vibe, Niplettes nipple clamps (both were cases of: vibrations, what vibrations?) and I would have returned the FSOG rechargeable bullet if I had payed for it (actually, I still might send it back for recycling. Though it's only good point is that it would fit into a battery collection box...) Those were items where I would have felt cheated - especially with the TC vibe, which was in the section of powerful toys when I would have put in under "particularly noise but essentially useless" - if I hadn't been able to return them. And really, I don't care about how many rave reviews there are - I've learnt to pretty much ignore the positive reviews anyway.

I also returned a corset (Baci red steel-boned) because I came to believe that it would never improve my figure due to its straight shape.

luvved up cupple [sign in to see picture]

I'm contemplating returning this:
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28560
    As it's just not working for me. Annoying as I read many good reviews but I find it too tight and even on lowest wand setting feel very painful. Two or three attempts have returned similar results.

Sum Sub wrote:

Excuse me, but what is wrong about wanking by hand? You sound as if everybody had to enjoy toys! Personally, I mostly prefer my fingers on my clit; it's just that for insertion that a toy is more comfortable.

@ RaeFaeTroon: Unfortunately, you mostly get what you pay for, and the LH Rookie 10 function might just be too "cheap" for your requirements. Not to mention underpowerd with its two N-batteries (knew there was a reason why I haven't tried it out as a G-Spot/clit vibe though I find the shape promising. Good grief, just looked at the video: Where are the vibrations?) You might have to invest into one of the rechargeable "luxury" toys. The L'Amourose Rosa must be amazing (based on my experience with the Denia, which is the rabbit version of the toy), but something from Fun Factory, Lelo, or Nexus might be just as good or better.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

There is nothing WRONG with wanking by Hand, Talia.
    What sub is getting at, is that if you wank a fair bit, and have only ever used your hands, then when using a toy, it may not have the desired effect because you've become accustomed to reaching an orgasm that one way.

It's perfectly normal and can work the other way round as
    Well. If you've become reliant on using vibrators and other toys to reach orgasm, when you try to do things 'Au Naturel' , it may not work.

It's a psychological thing. So calm down.

Don't worry David, I'm finding most hatred is linked to Brexit at the moment, I'm sure it's just a misinterepretation

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

😄

Sum Sub wrote:

...I'm finding most hatred is linked to Brexit at the moment, ...

Why would there be any hatred over the funniest event in European politics in forever?

But you were ascribing "nasty side effects" to wanking by hand and recommending the OP stop enjoying his body for a while in order to retrain it to accept toys. I understand that as saying that wanking by hand is second best...

Talia wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Why would there be any hatred over the funniest event in European politics in forever?

But you were ascribing "nasty side effects" to wanking by hand and recommending the OP stop enjoying his body for a while in order to retrain it to accept toys. I understand that as saying that wanking by hand is second best...

I apologise that the way I write confuses you

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

The reports hate crime stats have risen 400% in England since the Brexit vote came in if you can trust the media, but I take that with a pinch of salt because frankly, I don't.

I don't think that was what was meant though, I think what was meant was simply that flying solo makes it easy to get used to your own style of doing things, thus trying something new can seem a bit alien and subconsiously you reject it before you give it a real shot simply because you're set in your ways. No-one is saying toys or hands have an advantage over each other, merely that they are very different sensations.

Just my interpretation, don't mean to step on anyones toes :)

Caliente [sign in to see picture]

The first time I tried a vibrator (a horrible, pink. jelly rabbit *shudder*) I thought I didn't like it because I was so used to masturbating manually. I put it away for ages until I eventually decided to give it another try.

Now, years later, I'm used to toys with vibrations (perhaps a little too used to them, similar to the way SumSub describes). Even so, when I get a new style of toy, it often takes me a period of adjustment because it's not what I had before. If I stick at it, I can get it to work, but some will always be better than others.

At least with Lovehoney, you always have the comfort of knowing you can return an item that doesn't do what you want/expect.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Funny? 

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I think we may have a difference in sense of humour on this. I am not sure I find a rise in racist comments and families feeling under threat as a result of this funny, and that is not from media stats. That is from people I know having abuse hurled at them.

But we are all different I guess.  

sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]

I had to return a doxy wand. I just couldn't get along with it. But then again I love using my tango. I use it at least once a day, and now find it almost impossible to cum with any other toy. It just wasn't a toy for me but I know loads of people who love it.

I will never buy from anyone else, the no questions asked on the returns.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.