• Am I doing something wrong?

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

So I've got a few butt plugs, from silicone to glass. I've got four glass ones but can't keep them in! It's really frustrating as I'm having to hold them in place during "activities " also I'd love to wear one going out but I'm too afraid of it ending up shattering on the floor and dying of embarrassment lol.
    The one I thought would be best is the toadstool one discontinued here now, it's got a bulbous head and is significantly slimmer on the kneck. It stays in for a minitur or so then I have to keep pushing it back in πŸ˜• it's actually putting me off bothering as i nust cant seem to get the knack 😣
    So my question - am I doing something wrong or is my butt as wide as the clyde? πŸ˜‚
    Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated πŸ’Ÿxx

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

What sizes are they?

Hi Paige, the thickest one being the toadstool ones 4" insertable, 4.5" at the widest point of the top and the same again on the widest point of the kneck/shaft. It does get slimmer on the shaft part but 4" but then it widens out. There's only a small part before the base that slims down again maybe 1/2 a centimetre.
    See I love these toys but it gets super frustrating not being able to keep them in 😦
    I don't overdo the lube and can find it slightly uncomfortable to insert (probably if I'm not relaxed enough.) I feel as though it's a good size. The others are all smaller in birth so probably not worth mentioning? πŸ’Ÿxx

Talia [sign in to see picture]

It's not a question of size so much, as of size difference between the "bulb" and the neck of the plug. I can't keep this one in: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31205 but have no problem with that one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32148

Oh thats a nice looking shape Talia, think I'll add that for a possibility.
    Do you struggle keeping them in too? I thought glass would be okay. But the one you linked is a much better shape πŸ’Ÿxx

Onlyones [sign in to see picture]

I have the roll play in a large and that seems to stay put no problem.

slinky binky wrote:

Do you struggle keeping them in too? ...

As I said, it depends on the shape! If the spincter muscle can close around the neck of the butt plug, the plug will stay in (at least as long as one doesn't push). If the muscle can't close, due to the neck being too thick (in relation to the rest of the plug - I don't see this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053 staying in either), there's a risk of the plug slipping out. Just common sense, really (and a topic that comes up all the time).

Material doesn't have anything to do with it, as far as I can tell.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

As I said, it depends on the shape! If the spincter muscle can close around the neck of the butt plug, the plug will stay in (at least as long as one doesn't push). If the muscle can't close, due to the neck being too thick (in relation to the rest of the plug - I don't see this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053 staying in either), there's a risk of the plug slipping out. Just common sense, really (and a topic that comes up all the time).

yeah, that one is a nightmare to stay in, pops straight out.

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

Would not be good if it was a glass one πŸ™Š

Onlyones - thanks for the tip, im really loving the sound and idea of the role play ones with jiggle ball in, read some great reviews on them too. Defiantly a massive possibility πŸ˜„πŸ’Ÿxx

Talia - I searched the forum looked through a couple of pages but couldn't see ought relevant. I'm not exactly advanced and only used them a few times so I'm still figuring it out. But when you post links and say it alloud it makes sense the shape and all. Lol, noo I'm defiantly Not pushing out, pushing back in more like πŸ˜‚
    I'll invest in a new one with a better shape, I love glass altogether, it feels exquisite so probably get a better shaped glass one along with a silicone one.
    I don't have the one you linked but the fsog one I have had the same shape πŸ’Ÿxx

Honeybun - love my glass ones but they refuse to stay put πŸ˜¦πŸ’Ÿxx

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

I find plugs without a very narrow neck just won't stay in. This really reduces what plugs I can use :(

Its a nightmare isn't it? I assumed they'd all stay in as thsts what they're designed for. It's definanyl whats up because none of mine have nartow necks πŸ˜•It can affect the mood when youve got hands here there and everywhere. An extra hand would be really handy at times lol πŸ˜‚
    Least I know for the future it's ashame though as some of the others really are appearing. Those ones with the jiggle ball look intriguing and has great reviews too πŸ’Ÿxx

LeilaK [sign in to see picture]

Hey Slinky why don't you try this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31111
    I've never had any problems with it coming out during sex. The toadstool butt plug you mentioned has is quite heavy and the neck is not narrow at all. Try a lightweight one with a slimmer neck. :)

Hi Leilak, I was actually wondering about that one after getting the feedback. It's so pretty looking and glass!
    Cheers hunni you're a star 🌟 it is a heavy one and defiantly quite all round the toadstool but me being me thought it looked perfect lol. It does look gorgeous though 😊 wonder if anyone would notice if I used it as an ornament or doorstopper lol. I do love it 😍

Another question. How do you cope with them coming out? Use them in a sitting position just with clit stim? I do really like the plugs I have but obviously can't go out wearing them lol πŸ’Ÿxx

Actually, I'd hesitate to buy glass with a too narrow neck - I'd be afraid it would snap! (Remember the discussion on glass safety?) Might be worth it saving for a metal one (if you insist on something completely non-porous).

Regarding the Roll-Play plug: Haven't yet written a review, but I found the base incomfortable (digs into my cheeks as it's wider than the crack) and the jiggle effect not noticeable, even when moving. Though that might be a lack of sensitivity on my part. But then it's in the 2 for £25 offer, as is this one: http://www.lovehoney.com/product.cfm?p=29600, which should stay inside as well (most of the others are iffy materials or shapes).

Oh my I did see the glass safety thread at the time but avoided it because of my love for it. It's Very interesting reading about annauled and not annauled glass. I'm also scared of everything and it's not bringing me confidence especially as I've got one with a finger loop I use for g-spot πŸ™ˆ I'm speechless and that really is a rare occurance lol.
    Ok silicone it is then, think I'll put glass to the backburner for awhile. I'll have to get a lens too so I can search for rainbows. Then again metal would be a nice treat. I'm not sure if I'd want to spend so much on an anal toy just yet though. I'll have to think on it and add some nice metal ones to my possibilities list lol.

The link isn't working that you sent hunni. I'll check out the 2 for Β£15. Arr that's ashame, would be irritating and a mood killer the base digging in, it sounds so good though. Gutting about the jiggle ball aswell. I read a few pages of reviews and only one or two mentioned the jiggle and one that stands out was saying "you have to tap the plug 2 get the jiggle" but of ashame. I might chance it and go for the two for Β£15 deal can't go wrong tbf πŸ’Ÿxx

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Talia wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

yeah, that one is a nightmare to stay in, pops straight out.

I recently got the vibrating one that looks a lot like this and it pops straight out too. :C Hoping to find one that doesn't pop out so I'm having a nosy at some of the ones linked. Definitely an issue for us too though, won't often use it if I can't have it in for the added sensation.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I own the pretty Pink glass flower one .....it dosent stay in very I'm being honest. It's important that as well as your plug being the right shape for you ....it needs to fit properly too. How difficult is it to insert and remove ? A plug that pops in easily will pop out just as easily. It should take quite a push to get it in with a bit if deep breathing needed. Similarly it should take quite a bit of pulling to remove it.

I like bulbous plugs with thin necks but they need to be a reasonable size for me xx

Cheers Terri that's very helpful. Hum, insertion can take a little effort and composure but removal seems easier and it makes sense with them not wanting to stay in lol. I'm not that experienced in anal toys, we barely have anal sex but do love it sooo much.
    So you think I've got a butt that requires more girth? lol! It does seem easy inserted with a decent bit of lube when I'm relaxed with oh during anal, and he's bigger and girthier than ought I've dared try lol. I'm always intimidated by larger toys but obviously I'm going to have to brave it as I'm missing out.
    But shame about the pretty pink glass one, it's a stunner. I'm a wee bit aprehensive of glass after reading the other thread #dagger 😦
    What would you recommend preferably silicone, i wouldnt want to pay too much like the lush metal ones until I know what guys, as it would be gutting getting the same problem You are the queen of anal after all hunni πŸ˜„ I listed the measurements of the biggest I've got above after Paige asked πŸ’Ÿxx

Bluebells [sign in to see picture]

If the neck is significantly narrower than the bulb, there is a drawback - the plug is that much more awkward to remove afterwards, because your sphincter muscles have to open up once again, from nearly a standing start, to let you pull it out.

It almost sounds as if your body is fighting against the plugs and resisting penetration. Are you relaxed enough before you start? Is your anus nicely relaxed and pliant as you begin to insert, are you taking your time, and letting your body adjust and 'breathe' before you go in further?

Also, I've sometimes found there's such a thing as too much lubricant, and I've ended up with so much lube in my rectum that the plug becomes as fiddly to handle as a bar of soap.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.