• Bondage candles?

Twilightgirl123 [sign in to see picture]

Me and my boyfriend are debating on getting bondage candles and I was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions/ recommendations?

We haven't used anything like that before in bondage so I wanted to seek more advice beforehand.

All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Gentleman Dom [sign in to see picture]

Look out for paraffin-based candles as these tend to have a lower melting temperature and are therefore good for beginners. Always try the wax out on yourself before dripping onto your partner. Finally, to begin with, I'd recommend dripping from a height (e.g. you standing and your partner on the floor) as this gives the wax time to cool before reaching the skin. Needless to say that you avoid the face - the back and shoulders are good places to start.

Wax play is, literally and metaphorically, hot...enjoy!

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

I've tried it before with both regular tea lights and with bondage candles and I would 100% agree with Gentleman Dom. I was nowhere near ready for the bondage candles when I tried them with my ex. Far too hot for me and he wasn't dripping them very high at all.

Definitely start off with lower temperatures, if you do not only will it feel great (I loved it when we used tea lights, amazing sensation) but you can also use that as an introduction to bigger and better candles - some are designed to pack a bit of a punch so I would definitely take the advice already given and get some that melt at a lower temperature.

Also, definitely put something like a sheet or towel down for the first time, it gets veeeeerrry messy once you're ready to clean up and it's easier to be able to pick all the wax up on something such as a towel or sheet in one go than having to clean it up all over the place (having also experienced the mess, hahah).

MissNoir [sign in to see picture]

I've used these three candles before.  I know they say massage candles but they're good to ease into bondage candles I think as a first step ^_^ 

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28884

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33546

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25364

Hope you find one that suits you and you have fun doing so ^_^ x

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

Personally I love wax play, if you're nervous or looking to try it for the first time, I'd recommend getting a massage candle. Lovehoney do some nice little flavoured lickable massage candles for a fiver. Being a massage candle it burns at a lower temperature than a bondage candle but is a good way to get accustomed to wax play.

As Gentleman Dom has said, take it easy to begin with and experiment with different heights to see what works best for you. Check my review of the Bad Kitty candle here for our first experiences:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32164&reviewid=146057#customer_reviews

Twilightgirl123 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks everyone! This is really helpful :)

MondaySixteenth [sign in to see picture]

Twilightgirl123 wrote:

Me and my boyfriend are debating on getting bondage candles and I was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions/ recommendations?

We haven't used anything like that before in bondage so I wanted to seek more advice beforehand.

All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Absolutely 1000% recommend The Bondage Man ones over any others:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35352

They're opaque so you can be artistic with them and you can alter the heat using distance to skin and which body part you apply to. If you look at my old avi on my profile you'll see my first artistic wax play (nostalgia). I find that my sides are really sensative compared to fleshy areas like my tummy or boobs. :)

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

We bought the LoveHoney lickable vanilla candle. It was in the 3 for £10 offer so thought why not? It was really good, a nice warm feeling not scalding like I thought it would be. Didn't taste too great though.

We hope to work our way up to the bondage candles one day but the massage ones are enough for us at the moment.

RosyCheek wrote:

We bought the LoveHoney lickable vanilla candle. It was in the 3 for £10 offer so thought why not? It was really good, a nice warm feeling not scalding like I thought it would be. Didn't taste too great though.

We hope to work our way up to the bondage candles one day but the massage ones are enough for us at the moment.

We've bought that one too, and have a cherry one that I got for free with a Baci garment. Got another arriving soon, we just haven't tried them on the skin. :3 Certainly want to give them a go at their real useage soon instead of just having them look nice in the background. They smell wonderful.

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I love the smell of the vanilla one. Smells like biscuits...I reeeeeally like biscuits! How does the cherry one smell? I'm not a huge fan of cherry but the husband is.

I'm not a very massive fan of it either but the candle does smell quite nice, very strong if you take a big sniff. It's so nice just to have it lit in the background though, if you don't get quite so close it's a very relaxing smell. Not too strong, very much like cherries.

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Be prepared for a lot of mess, the one I tried (purple) was poor/rubbish kept going out and the wick burnt away so did not get a good chance to try.

Rimmer57 [sign in to see picture]

I have to concur with MondaySixteenth, the Bondage Man candles sold here @ Lovehoney are our personal choice for hot wax play.
    Also if we're doing a bit of massage, we use Lovehoney and Lelo scented massage candles.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.