• Sterilising non waterproof (but splashproof) vibrators - Lelo Soraya

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Thanks. It's silicone indeed (sorry i forgot to mention it)

I know basics about bacterias and viruses and the only ones that scares me are viruses that don't spread easily and don't survive in dry areas.

Do antibacterial/fungal/viral cleaners like the pjur one would be enough in your opinion in cade the manufacturer is against using alcool or bleach on their products?

Thanks for making me feel better

Talia [sign in to see picture]

mamz wrote:

I know basics about bacterias and viruses and the only ones that scares me are viruses that don't spread easily and don't survive in dry areas.

That sounds like you didn't need anything - after all, your vibrator has been dry all through transport, which certainly took several days. So use whatever cleaning agent gives you piece of mind.

I personally wouldn't use any sex toy cleaner - for the simple reason that I've too often read that the sex toy industry is not regulated and manufacturers feel free to lie all they want to their customers. I would use Betadine (which I used to disinfect the lamb's ear tags and nobody got an infection). I'm not even sure whether I would believe a manufacturer if they told me not to use alcohol (definitely not if they recommended their own brand sex toy cleaner instead...). But I'm cynical by nature and distrustful by experience...

I understand, I am distrustful and cynical too. I've talked to the compagny and they seemed ok with the use of other cleaner than the one they are selling. After all, the one I bought is made from the same manufacturer than theirs so they would sound silly not to be ok with it

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a little feedback.

i wrote to fun factory. I know it's not LELO but both are reputed brands so something that applies to one may apply to the other as well.

I asked them if using bleach on a vibrator was ok to sanitize it and if there was any better way, they said that:

- You can sanitize it by washing it in the dishwasher

- You can sanitize it in boiled water. Just boil some, remove the pot from the fire and then dip the silicone part for 10 sec

- Anything selse could dammage the toy

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Their vibrators are dishwasher-proof??? Really??? There was no misunderstanding possible (remember, whoever wrote to you, English was most probably not their mother tongue)? I find that amazing (unfortunately I can't do anything with the info as I don't have a dishwasher).

Yeah 'm a bit confused too. I tries to make sure they were talking about a vibrator but they were not very explicit

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.