• Rechargeable sex toys

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Do you recharge you toy every time you use it or just wait till it's run out of charge? I just got let down by a toy midplay an now i'm wondering.

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I charge them after I've used them a couple of times (around 5-10), just to make sure they don't run out of battery.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

No, I wait until a toy only has about 1/4 of it's battery life left. If it's something I don't use often then I'll probably wait until it's dead, but those toys are on a rotating charging system of at least once a month, so they don't break from not being used.

JJLWB [sign in to see picture]

NatandTom wrote:

No, I wait until a toy only has about 1/4 of it's battery life left. If it's something I don't use often then I'll probably wait until it's dead, but those toys are on a rotating charging system of at least once a month, so they don't break from not being used.

+1 to this, that's pretty much what I do too.

Chris098 [sign in to see picture]

To preserve the life on any rechargeable battery it should be used until it goes flat and then fully recharge as these batteries have memory.

JJLWB [sign in to see picture]

Chris098 wrote:

To preserve the life on any rechargeable battery it should be used until it goes flat and then fully recharge as these batteries have memory.

Ooooh interesting advice, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing Chris098 :)

Chris098 [sign in to see picture]

Similar to batteries in a mobile phone just smaller.XX

Gem276 [sign in to see picture]

I tend to use mine until they die but it's so frustrating when they do! I'm tempted to buy a battery powered rabbit again so I know I will always have a back up!

myghost [sign in to see picture]

I think it depends on what type of rechargable battery the toy has Lithium batteries as far as i remember don't have a memory it's the NiCad batteries that need to be fully dischaged every time. i tend to use a toy until it's dead before recharging

[suspended user]

suspended user

I usually charge them all together about once a month. I have too many toys (around 20 just counting rechargeable ones), couldn't keep track on a rotational basis. I especially make sure to charge them before "special occasions" if I'm the one planning them. I have a permanent charging station set up on top of my toy drawer furniture with all wires labeled and plugged in ready to go.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

As myghost said, Nickel-Cadmium batteries are infamous for their "memory effect" (I've read they aren't used any more for new items), and apparantly Ni-MH batteries (AA and AAA) also suffer from it to some smaller extent. Ni-Cd batteries are also very easy to kill through non-use.

With Li-Ion batteries it shouldn't matter whether you charge an empty battery or just "top up" the charge. I'm not sure, however, whether it won't damage the batteries when they are "overcharged" too often (though my phone stays on the charger all night long and has survived so far). So I try to only charge when I think it necessary (not easy to judge as sex toys don't show the percentage of charge left - NatandTom, how do you determine when 1/4 of the charge is left?) and that depends on the toy (and of course I disconnect as soon as possible):

Happy Rabbit 2 has about one hour of playtime, as I often enough use it for half an hour at the time I charge after every use (unless it was a very short one).

L'Amourose Denia: Two to three uses before charging

Fun Factory Stronic Eins: Bought last October, it's on the charger now (for the first time - went to sleep on my during use). Though I didn't use it often.

Rechargeable AA and AAA batteries simply get switched out when empty, or I take another Bedtime 10 Function controller (I have three of them by now...), and later I put the empty battery in a smart charger that does the monitoring for me (so much more comfortable than USB chargers)!

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Yep I've heard about the memory thing and that it's not all types of batteries. Cellphone batteries are now lithium so you can charge it however you want without damaging it, but you can we know what type of battery is in our toys??

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

Tend to charge them every few weeks regardless of use, just so there is no danger of running out at the wrong time!

We have 5 we use regularly, the tango (old model), the wonderful squishy iroha, siri 2, happy rabbit ears (always paired with glass of course) and the happy rabbit 2. Haven't really noticed any battery loss from not discharging fully as of yet

[suspended user]

suspended user

mamz wrote:

...can we know what type of battery is in our toys???

I second this question. I always read every letter on packaging, booklet, instructions, whatever comes with the toy, and never, not even once seen the type of battery stated on my rechargeable toys. And as mentioned above, I now have about 20 of them!

Talia [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

mamz wrote:

...can we know what type of battery is in our toys???

I second this question. I always read every letter on packaging, booklet, instructions, whatever comes with the toy, and never, not even once seen the type of battery stated on my rechargeable toys. And as mentioned above, I now have about 20 of them!

By asking the manufacturer of the toy - and Lovehoney! After all, all consumer electronics in the EU are sold with the CE symbol, and one of the requirements for the CE symbol is a complete user manual - for me that would mean with the technical specifications of the item. (Btw, the CE sign does NOT mean that the item has been tested or examined by anybody - the manufacture sticks it on.)

The downloadable manual for the Lelo Mona 2 specifies Li-Ion. The manual for the L'Amourose Denia says Li-Ion as well. I asked Fun Factory and they answered that the Stronic Eins has a Li-Ion battery and that it doesn't matter how far the battery runs down. (However, if the battery is empty when reloading, it takes forever to charge - It's been something like 10 hours on the phone adapter and is still charging.)

A short internet search seems to show that Ni-Cd batteries have been banned from consumer products since 2006 in the EU. At least in theory. In practice I've bought a drill/screwdriver with Ni-Cd batteries in 2012 (at a huge discount, though, that might have been the last ones the shops tried to get rid of). So in theory all sextoys that are sold nowadays should have Li-Ion batteries - but who knows for sure?

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

I tend to let mine run totally dead before charging. I do it this way after the tip to let out mobiles run out fully before charging ❤xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.