• Best lube given the set of requirements below?

People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive for 2013 [sign in to see picture]

Looking for a lube to replace our favorite (a silicone-based lube not sold by Lovehoney).

We need a second lube to use with toys, since our go-to lube is incompatible. I am attracted to Liquid Silk based on its ratings and reviews, but unfortunately, it is not available on the USA website and is expensive in the USA (over $20/250ml)

Requirements:

- Water-based

- Slippery good. Sticky bad.

- Long-lasting

- No nasty flavor (preferably no flavor)

- Doesn't get sticky over time (certainly not in under 30 minutes!)

- No sugar

- No wierd features like flavor, warming, menthol, or funky two-part chemical reactions

- Available on Lovehoney USA website (.com instead of .co.uk)

Nice to have:

- Reasonably economical - under $20 per 8oz or 250ml.

- Pump bottle, not a flip-top. Flip-tops get drippy/messy and I don't know how many bottles of lube we have lost because they fell off the dresser and into either a drawer or the carpet. And, since we use silicone-based, that is *really* hard to clean... Our go-to lube has a flip top...

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I'm not sure about being avalible in USA but this should meet your requirements http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31586.

alternatively this one has a good record. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33258

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26088

we love this but it is made as an anal lube..has a screw on cap .
    Subby_hubby_maid [sign in to see picture]
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]

If you can get sliquid then i would recommend that until the cows come home. Pretty much exactly what you are after. Long lasting, not sticky, doesnt contain nasty stuff, and it tasteless.

i would avoid liquid silk as that has a strong hand cream like flavour that is awful!

For some reason, of those recommended, only Sliquid is available on the USA site (maybe there is a problem with shipping liquids?), and there are lots of varieties! Any recommendations which one?

Right now I'm angling at the anal/non-organic lube for non-anal use. I like a thicker lube so I can control it's application without making a mess. I really don't care about whether it is organic or not.

Comments say the bottle is good, but if it isn't, I'll just put it in a pump dispenser.

I don't think organic is very important. We use silicone, and you don't get a whole lot less organic than that.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Organic or not is not the only consideration you might want to make. There are nasty ingredients all over the spectrum, be them organic or not. So palm oil for example if it's organic, is still not healthy to eat. And parabens will never be organic, but they are something to avoid in all (body) products, especially lube. And we haven't even mentioned the allergens yet... But of course each to their own.

mamz [sign in to see picture]

It doesn't need to be on the us site? i live in canada and buy from the uk site and the shipping rate is the same and I never had a problem.

[suspended user]

suspended user

mamz wrote:

It doesn't need to be on the us site? i live in canada and buy from the uk site and the shipping rate is the same and I never had a problem.

I suppose there's a customs issue that is quite different on US entry of goods, while Canada I suspect has special treatment for a fellow Commonwealth state such as the UK.

mamz [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

mamz wrote:

I suppose there's a customs issue that is quite different on US entry of goods, while Canada I suspect has special treatment for a fellow Commonwealth state such as the UK.

We also have a very good economical relashionship with the US so I would've expect it to be more convinient to buy from the US instead of the UK. But maybe you're right and we're just friends with every country while the US it not

mamz wrote:

I think Lovehoney would let me order from the UK site, but I figure since nearly every product on .co.uk is also on .com, and most of the lubes are not, there must be a good reason (probably customs).

The only other omitted product I noticed was omitted from the USA site is a rechargable vibrator that uses a UK power outlet. It would require an adapter to use in the USA.

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]
    McAndrew [sign in to see picture]

After years of research Sliquid is the best we've found.

As you say flip tops are a pain, so I decant it into pump bottles.

Neitseellinen [sign in to see picture]

Sliquid is the only lube I will use, until there comes something else equally as safe and good for my body :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.