• Accepting a toys not for you

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

How many tries do you give a toy before you decide it's just not for you? I've tried the l'amourose denia twice and although I get there eventually it can be quite painful. I'm not sure if it's too big or its the shape. I'm gutted as I was so excited to get it and also would feel awful sending such an expensive toy back :(

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I would go with your gut feeling . You know yourself its not going to get better. So send it back and buy an alternative and that way you won't feel as guilty.

Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]

I usually give it about 3 tries. Although, I sometimes know straight away if a toy will work for me or not. Like the Lelo Soraya, the vibrations are so weak for me and the shape hurt me so I knew it wasn't powerful enough to get me off and it hurt more than anything unless I was extremely aroused and I used a lot of lube, just wasn't worth the trouble

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I also try a toy around three times before deciding if I like it or not, unless it's really fabulous or really bad. If it's painful, then I would probably recommend more lube than normal or different positions and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then that toy sadly might just not be the right one for you. Nothing to feel guilty about, if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work. No point keeping it and being unhappy with it x

I will give it one more try but I think I do unfortunately already know it's not for me :( such a shame as it's such a beautiful toy and very powerful but it just doesn't 'fit' me x

If I do send it back I want to get another toy that costs more and use a voucher code on it as well. How would I go about that? Would I just have to ask for the money to be refunded and then make the purchase once the refund has gone through?

Echo32B [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

If I do send it back I want to get another toy that costs more and use a voucher code on it as well. How would I go about that? Would I just have to ask for the money to be refunded and then make the purchase once the refund has gone through?

You can do it that way, or you can send it back saying that you want to 'exchange it' and then they will let you pay the difference if the second product is more expensive, having said that its just easier to  to return as normal for refund and then buy what you were after! :) x

Sorry to see you didnt get on with the denia! :( xx

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I can tell within a couple of minutes if a toy is going to to do it for me.......to be fair though, most of them do. Some make me work harder for it than others.....but that's not necessarily a bad thing x

Thank you echo :) I will just do that as seems simpler x
    Terri JJ it does get me off but it's painful to use the main shaft even with lots of lube. So I have just used the clitoral bit. It's expensive for a clitoral toy not as powerful as my Tango and nea. I'm gutted but I think it's the first toy I've had to return so I've been lucky really x

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I have had 2 toys that did not work for me and i knew within using them 2-3 times. I wish I would have returned that awful wallbanger but I got it when I first started ordering from Lovehoney and didn't feel like I could return something that technically worked but just didn't work for me. I also had a set of ben wa balls that have lovely reviews that made me feel like somone was tearing apart of insides. Those went back / in the rubbish bin!

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

How many tries do you give a toy before you decide it's just not for you? I've tried the l'amourose denia twice and although I get there eventually it can be quite painful....

Regarding the Denia, have you tried bending the clit arm out of the way (there's quite a lot of give at its base), inserting the main shaft so it feels good and then letting the clit arm go back to its position? That two-hand operation works best for me, when I tried inserting it one-handedly I've also had some trouble. But if you can't get it to fit you, then you'd better return it - I would never use a toy that causes me pain!

As for the question, I normally return toys because the vibrations are too weak for me and I notice that immediately. Even in a shop if they have testers on display (the Picobong Moka is not as powerful as it seems in some reviews!) When the problem is "fit" I might give it a few more tries - my Happy Rabbit 2's vibrations impressed me from the beginning, but it took a few tries to get the position right to get the most from it (though there was never a question of returning it, even if it hadn't been a freebie).

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.