• I know awesome people (how do people react to you?)

Kirsty92 [sign in to see picture]

So my parents are cool my dad said the other day I'm old enough to go on any site I want so he doesn't care and doesn't check what I've been on.

When I was about 18 this celeb me and my mum liked had a penis photo out so I showed my mum and my little sister snitched about me having "age inappropriate" things on my phone (mum, dad and sister also found pictures drawn by a girl I knew online of two men doing different things and they didn't care) my mum just said I'm old enough to have whatever I want on my phone and that she shouldn't haven been rooting through my folders lol

Went to a party and I haven't seen some of my friends in 5 years and we got talking about sex toys I recommended Lovehoney as I always do and it turns out my mate uses it too and we just spent ages chatting about it and our other mates were like "lol what's actually going on with you two kinky fucks?!"

Oh and FYI they weren't age inappropriate as I said I was actually 18 just my sister trying to snitch on me

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

When I told my mum I use the lovehoney forum she said 'oh' and quickly changed the subject. Sex is a taboo subject with her. She just prefers to pretend it doesn't exist I think.
    It was my friend that recommended lovehoney to me, I have her to blame for my lovehoney addiction lol! Most of my friends are very open minded, only a couple look at me in disbelief if i mention anal toys or riding crops etc. x

Aww I'm quite lucky my parents only know about one sex toy but they were OK with it and found it funny as my mate got me it.

My mates were pretty open most of them a little shocked but the other one was like omg tell me what you've got! And then he told me what he's got. Gotta love him

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I think in Britain there is still that stiff upper lip attitude . We all do it but we can't be seen doing it or talking about it .

In the rest of Europe I thinks its a lot more liberalised .

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Well, my son presented my father with one of my rabbit vibrators (twirling full blast) when we were living together. So yeah, they know I use Lovehoney. They know I write reviews for tester products too (my excuse for all the parcels at the time- not actually all testers lol). They're cool with it. My mum seems quite interested in some things. Not sure they'd be cool with the impact play, but maybe so as I once found a bullwhip in their room when I was young.

I have a couple of close friends I chat about toy or lingerie related things with too, they are also awesome :)

I've never had a shitty/immature reaction from people, but that's mostly because I don't speak to shitty/immature people :p

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

When I was at my cousin's 18th the other night, there was a guy there in his twenties who was so desperate, he was trying it on with pretty much everyone, so I told him to go buy himself a fleshlight. He had no idea what it was, so I educated him. He looked so shocked that I knew so much about sex toys haha. My cousin thought it was hilarious and then asked me for advice on lube and vibrators. The only other person who knows I use LH is my best friend and she uses it too!

Haha these are brilliant to hear

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

The closest I've come to talking about anything LH was a couple weeks ago at work - there was 4 of us stood there and we're all mums. One of them sneezed and made a joke about having to cross her legs, then said I would know the struggle after also having two kids. Told them all very smugly; "not anymore! I use jiggle balls!". They all looked at me like I was from another planet! Didn't have a clue what I was talking about, explained and told them about LH, wouldn't be surprised if they all went home that night and had a browse 😂

growler37293 [sign in to see picture]

Many years ago at a party the mother in law was shocked to find that my sister in laws sister was working in a main stream high Street sex shop. Rather than be offended and in the days before mass online shopping I turned round casually and said all she needs to say is do you need batteries for that as she worked on the till. The sister in law used to have sex toy parties just like tupperware parties which went down a great especially for hen does at the time but this was almost 20 yrs ago.

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

My mum doesn't know about my sex toy collection but from things I've said and done, she probably knows I'm kinky (I explained fin dommes and paypigs to her 😂 ). She certainly doesn't know the extent of my involvement in kink though and I know she would really struggle to understand how I can enjoy the things I enjoy.

My friends know all about my addiction to sex toys and my involvement in BDSM. I got a pretty dildo recently and was so impressed with it, I showed it to my friends in the pub. Other people show pictures of their cats, I show pictures of my sex toys 😝 Mainly they are supportive and it's fun being able to discuss sex with them, but occasionally the ones I don't know from the alternative/kink scene seem seriously confused by my choices. They don't judge, they just struggle to understand why certain things are arousing to me. I am at my happiest when I'm not suppressing this part of me though so they can see it is healthy for me, even if they wouldn't want to do it themselves.

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

I've been thinking about this and literally the only person that knows about my toys and needs etc other than my partner is one friend, as he and I have similar tastes and are both very open. Most of the people I'm friends with now are pretty conservative, and are also our work colleagues. My OH isn't as open with other people as I am about things so I tend not to say anything to our work friends. No idea how they would react, they all seem to think I'm quiet (I'm really not)!

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

My family are really open minded. My Aunt and sister shop on here. My mum and aunt used to do sex toy parties about 25 years ago, so nothing phases them.

missyO [sign in to see picture]

I don't talk to my friends about sex toys (or anything kinky), they seem far too reserved but how well do you really know people? I used to have conversations with a work colleague about sex toys, they were very open to the subject and shared info about what they had.
    I agree that in Britain generally people are too reserved to talk about sex, maybe there could be a LH movement to try and change this!

I think most of my friends were pretty shocked by the both of us as we are so quiet and seemingly well behaved lol

Neitseellinen [sign in to see picture]

Well for me it is pretty intresting i guess :D

I am 19 and still live at home while saving money and studying... And I have a pretty big collection of luxury toys I have bought in the past year with my own money. It all started with me talking with my mom about how important kegels are for all ages and I bought me my first ben wa ball set and showed her them :D It was a litle akward, but at the same time we just laughed about it. The for her birthday I bought her a bewa ball set... After that I have bought a ton of kegel balls and they are on our window ledge, so they are no secret in our house :D

But my dildos and vibrator are kind of a secret, I think she knows I have something, because she saw a receipt :D That was more akward, but I just smiled and asked her not to look through my stuff, because she "might find some secrets, she doesn´t want to see" :D
    I have all my dildos in a old laptop case in my closet, so she doesn´t go to my closet at all any more :D

So all in all, my family now I have kegel toys, and they know I hvae sex toys, but they don´t want to know how much or what...

But with my closest friends I am known as the "sex educator" and at work and school I am known as the "smart and nice girl", no sexiness seen in public really! I like being open and honest with close people, but want to be classy and "innocent" with people who don´t know me :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.