• Expectations and reality

Talia [sign in to see picture]

That's the big question - I seriously thought for a minute about getting the AK Oooh during the last days when it was cheaper than the Cupid's Smoothie (oops, just checked, it still is!) I seem to remember quite a few reviews mentioning that the Cupid's Smoothie wasn't the best build quality - I'd be hoping for the AK version to be better. But who knows for sure?

I very much like comparative reviews myself, and I mention other products in my LH reviews whenever I can fit them in, but I'd really like for LH to provide space for comparisons - but I don't see how they could be integrated with the product reviews. Hmmm, maybe something for the suggestions thread?

For the moment I just ask questions of this kind here in the forum.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

AShyExhibitionist wrote:

... but the reviews I normally go to first when thinking of getting a new toy are either from Hey Epiphora or Dangerous Lilly. I love Epiphora's reviews because when a toy (or toy company) is bad her review is generally pretty hilarious, and from what I can tell she seems very genuine. I find Dangerous Lilly's reviews particularly useful for me because it seems like we have similar requirements from our toys, ....

I'm not sure yet whether the last sentence is true for me, but I completely agree with the rest. Epiphora's blog is a great read - even if I have to disagree with her on the Mona :(

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

You are not alone - I don't love my wand either. But I'm still hoping I'll find use for it as a body massager...

Usedworkshoes wrote:

I felt like I was broken when I didn't like my wand because everyone else loves it!! 😂

I don't for a second thing the awesome reviews were false it just isn't for me.... really do need to send it back and get something else but not sure what!!

I'm another person who didn't get on with the wand. I sent it back on Friday. I'm going to make sure I write a review because it's useful to have alternative opinions and I honestly think that if I'd read a review that had outlined who probably wouldn't enjoy it, I wouldn't have gone for it. All the reviews seemed to say everyone would love it but I think those that don't aren't writing reviews.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I will be reviewing too Friday, I kept trying thinking it would just click but I know now I just need precision stimulation and the wand just numbs me.... time to test LHs amazing returns policy x

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Just had some disappointment actually (though not in the price ranges of things discussed above lol). Got the Ice Gem double ended dildo to review, was excited to try proper double penetration for the first time....... lol no, it wasn't bendy enough to get both ends in :( http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34958&reviewid=140351#customer_reviews

in terms of of better than expected, I still maintain that the basics range is amazing value for money! the dildo and mini vibrator can give me orgasms just as well as my more expensive toys!

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

also, I think this applies to lingerie sometimes too. Some lingerie looked amazing on the photo, but didn't live up to expectations, whereas some of my favourite lingerie I actually thought looked just "ok" on the photos

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.