• Expectations and reality

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Am I the only one who's most(ly) disappointed by toys that looked really, really promising (according to LH videos and/or sex toy blogs)? Whereas I've come to love toys that I never really wanted but got as a freebie, or ridiculously cheap. Is it a problem of me getting my expectations up so high that no toy can fulfill them - or are certain toys simply overrated by the blogger community?

Specifically, I'm completely underwhelmed by the Lelo Mona's vibrations. I like them less than those of the L'Amourose Denia or the Happy Rabbit 2. I don't think that my Mona produces vibrations that are especially rumbly. Whereas the Happy Rabbit 2 Natural, which I got as a freebie (I had never even considered buying it) makes me one very happy customer every time I use it. Of course, the Mona has the much better control panel (maybe the best of all my toys) - but perfect controls are useless if there's nothing to control... (I exaggerate - the vibrations are not "nothing" - but simply not as good as I expected).

What are your disappointments?

missyO [sign in to see picture]

I know what you mean, I read reviews of toys that others think are o-mazing and I just don't seem to have the same experience. I do however think this is down to me, sometimes I find it difficult to get into the right headspace which is half the battle!

Foxxy [sign in to see picture]

As a member of the blogger community, I speak as I find. Everybody is different, what I love, you may not. I don't have a Mona, but I've never been wowed by anything Lelo. My review for the Miss Bi goes live later today. I love Fun Factory, and others love the Miss Bi, but for me, it's not great. Different strokes for different folks

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I feel this way too. I didn't get on with the We-Vibe, Happy Rabbit 2 G Spot, or L'Amourose Rosa Rouge, all of which people raved about. :(

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

I feel this way about Lelo toys. I was so excited to get one as bloggers seem to rave about the non stop and the reviews were great, but the Gigi was a huge disappointment. It wasn't even like I thought it's a good quality toy but just not for me (which is how I feel about the happy rabbit) it was just straight up rubbish. It felt like hard plastic with a thin layer of silicone over it and it was woefully lacking in power.

There were loads of Lelo toys in the Christmas sale and I didn't feel inspired to buy one even at 40% off. I probably shouldn't judge a whole brand on one toy, but the Gigi put me off certain types of Lelo toys and the ones I still like the look of (like the lily) seem overpriced for what they are.

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

I must admit up until recently my favourite dildo had been only about £12 despite me having more expensive ones in my collection. I feel with clitoral vibrators they have always been worth paying more for though. I have the tango and the nea 2 and they are both brilliant. I get nothing out of cheaper clitoral vibrators so I threw away the ones I did have.
    The problem with reviews is everyone is different and enjoy different things. May be worth trying to hunt down a blogger who has similar taste to you?

Talia [sign in to see picture]

I thought I had found one (Epiphora) - we agree on the Stronic 1 (incidentally, she also hates the Gigi). But Epiphora has three Monas...

OUCH! Thank you ;) [sign in to see picture]

I don't think it's a case of bloggers overrating things at all, it's 100% about an individuals body responses. Foxxy (who is a blogger) isn't keen on Lelo products and I love em. Many bloggers loved the Eroscillator, I hated it like it was a kitten killer, but at the same time many bloggers love the Womanizer, and I do too. I also love the Lelo Ora, and it was laughed at by the majority of the blogging community.

Putting bloggers aside altogether, LittleSwitchBitch dislikes the We-Vibe Tango to the point of returning it, yet I'm looking at buying a third one, and we both love the (me) G-spot Happy Rabbit (her) the FSoG Greedy Girl, which is the same thing barring the colour.

Blog reviews and Lovehoney/any other store reviews are obviously biased to the writers experience, and while anyone is capable of laying it on a bit thick if they think they have something to gain (including reviewers right here at Lovehoney), suggesting things may be overrated by the blogging community is a little unfair.

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

OUCH! Thank you ;) wrote:

I don't think it's a case of bloggers overrating things at all, it's 100% about an individuals body responses. Foxxy (who is a blogger) isn't keen on Lelo products and I love em. Many bloggers loved the Eroscillator, I hated it like it was a kitten killer, but at the same time many bloggers love the Womanizer, and I do too. I also love the Lelo Ora, and it was laughed at by the majority of the blogging community.

Putting bloggers aside altogether, LittleSwitchBitch dislikes the We-Vibe Tango to the point of returning it, yet I'm looking at buying a third one, and we both love the (me) G-spot Happy Rabbit (her) the FSoG Greedy Girl, which is the same thing barring the colour.

Blog reviews and Lovehoney/any other store reviews are obviously biased to the writers experience, and while anyone is capable of laying it on a bit thick if they think they have something to gain (including reviewers right here at Lovehoney), suggesting things may be overrated by the blogging community is a little unfair.

Saved me writing all that... As always bang on Ouch 😀 ps u forgot, we both love the Rosa too... 😂 any excuse to rave bout me Rosa

All three of us love the Rosa 😂

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

Foxxy wrote:

Have u got a happy rabbit Foxxy... I love the G-spot one

I've got the natural one. It's not a perfect fit, but I still love it because the vibrations travel really well and I get plenty of stimulation because of that. Ears are a touch long though

OUCH! Thank you ;) [sign in to see picture]

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Foxxy wrote:

Have u got a happy rabbit Foxxy... I love the G-spot one

Aah, the lovely Rosa

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

I hate everything.

jimbogemini [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

I hate everything.

In realty, I didn't expect that.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

My biggest disapointment that I have purchased was the wallbanger suction cup rabbit / waterproof. My review is pretty details on this thing, but in short, the suction cup didn't work ANYWHERE I tried it and the surface was just to hard and inflexible for me to really enjoy. This was when I was new to Lovehoney, in hindsight I should have returned it but felt like just because I couldn't get to work right didn't mean it was ok to return it.

Subby_hubby_maid [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

I hate everything.

but not Lelo Hugo, I see.......which is good cos mine arrives next week

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Subby_hubby_maid wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I hate everything.

but not Lelo Hugo, I see.......which is good cos mine arrives next week

Ah yes, that single toy transformed my opinion of lelo
    MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

I don't like the Rosa. :(
    I like We-Vibe Tango. :)
    I don't like Lelo products. :(
    I like LH wand. :)
    I don't like Tracey Cox products. :(
    I do like Motörhead products. :)

People love and hate different things for different reasons :)

jimbogemini [sign in to see picture]

Love Twiglets but in reality hate Marmite.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.