• Ace of dud... :(

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

Morning!

I have this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33076

And have used it a few times. Removed the batteries and popped it in the box with my other toys.

This morning I decided to get it out. I put fresh batteries in and it's not working. I take the batteries out and pop them back in and still nothing. I try different batteries. Nothing.

As it was a freebie from LH, would it be ok to return it? Or am I being really cheeky. I love it so much.

I can't see any battery acid leakage at all so I don't think I broke it with them (done this in the past with a bullet, hence why I remove batteries after use.)

Any advice? Or is it just a dud now. :(

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

A freebie as in s tester, or with a promotional offer? To be honest as long as you haven't had it over a year I think Lovehoney would accept the return. Hope you get it sorted, I think live chat might be your best bet.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I think you'd be faster sorting it out with Customer Care. I think even freebies should be covered by warranty issues, so if it broke, I'd send it back. Have done it once with a LH bullet that I got as a freebie and wasn't working properly and they did replace it. The second one wasn't working either and since it also got discontinued, they replaced it with another equivalent item of my choice. And I am very happy with that one ever since!

If it was a tester, I would probably think twice before asking for a replacement, and it would greatly depend on the item and its cost, but CC might be able to clear this one up too!

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

The same thing happened to the Motörhead bullet I was sent to test, customer care were happy to exchange it for another one though :) I've been sent faulty items before, or things which have broken within a few weeks/months, even if it's a tester they've always been happy to replace it xx

It was a tester yes, hence my reluctance to contact customer care and waste their valuable time. 😊

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Ah no :( I got the secret surprise remote control bullet as a tester and it broke a few weeks after I'd finished my review, haven't done anything about it yet as I have other exciting things to use in the meantime. Just mention it to CC x

I might just pop them an email and see what happens.

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

I'm guessing it would be treated as a product that you had bought. After all you have taken the time to test and review it and the toy is considered payment for that test and review.

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

Might I add if it was something that I didn't really use that often or gave it a dud review I wouldn't be that fussed but for something I really get loads of use from and thoroughly enjoy then I hope it would still fall under the 1year returns policy if it has broken.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

I've had dud tester items replaced in the past, it was before I wrote the review though I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

It would be worth letting them know even if they won't replace it just in case it's a common issue.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

You could also try shaking and slapping the toy a bit - that's how I got my Tracy Cox Clit vibe to work again when it had a very similar issue. I think there's something like a loose wire/faulty contact somewhere.

It's a pity that you have already published your review!

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

i would let them know, because if it is a common issue it may affect them decideding to restock an item, etc. Did you see Boos comment, I dont think it is a bother to contact CS even when it was a tester item.

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't return a tester item if it was after I'd written the review but if LH don't mind, then fair enough

MK7 [sign in to see picture]

I've had a similar issue although with a different brand of bullet. It worked completely fine, and then suddenly, dead. I swapped batteries, nothing. I looked a little closer at it and had a fiddle with the repressed handyman inside me and noticed that the issue was that it was just a rather flimsy vibe. It was great in use, but it certainly didn't look built to last. I managed to fix it by fiddling about with tweezers and patience (the issue seemed to be a little bit of damage where the annode connection is, assumedly caused by putting the batteries in a little roughly). Now, I'd assume you could probably fix it yourself, but you should have to fix it in the first place, so if you don't want the hassle of trying to fix it yourself, return it, but I'd give having a closer look at what's wrong yourself before you send it back.

Lovehoney - Dani [sign in to see picture]

Hi MysticalMayhem, if you haven't already please do get in touch with customer care so we can sort this out for you! We would hate for you to be stuck with a toy that doesn't work, especially after you went to the effort of writing a review for it :)

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

Hey hey!!

Get in touch with us pls :D

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.