• Is the discontinued Lovehoney toy cleaning spray going to be replaced by another own brand spray?

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

Sad to see it go - it seemed very popular! I'm not keen on the Lelo spray and I don't want to use an antibacterial one like the Doc Johnston spray. Will Lovehoney be making another similar toy cleaner? I can't do without this!

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I imagine they would bring out another own brand one. It's been mentioned on the forums by a few people that they're hoping it's just a rebrand/change in packaging or something. I quite like the antibacterial ones myself which is why I've never tried Lovehoney's own brand. Seems to be a popular choice though, so don't see why they wouldn't bring out an updated version. Stock up whilst you can! x

Hands All Over [sign in to see picture]

I've never used the LH one before but I don't see why they wouldn't bring out a new version. It seems to be a good product and cleaning toys is a necessity so..

Just out of curiosity though, why do you not want to use an antibacterial one :)?

Talia [sign in to see picture]

And if people don't want to use an antibacterial soap - why not using dishwashing liquid? Or shower gel, or liquid hand soap? Those are all body-safe detergents, I don't see why sex toys would need anything special for normal, everyday, cleaning purposes.

Onlyones [sign in to see picture]

What seems a little strange is unless I have missed it Lovehoney have not commented on wether this will be replaced by another own branded version which seems a bit strange considering the current version seemed to be quite popular.

JJLWB [sign in to see picture]

I would also like to know if it's going to be replaced along with the LH anal lube which is also being discontinued :( They are both great products and I can't understand why they are discontinuing them both.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Talia wrote:

And if people don't want to use an antibacterial soap - why not using dishwashing liquid? Or shower gel, or liquid hand soap? Those are all body-safe detergents, I don't see why sex toys would need anything special for normal, everyday, cleaning purposes.

I agree. I tend to buy 99,99% of my toys waterproof not because I want to use them in water, but because I like to wash them under hot tap water and with my antibatcerial intimate wash. So I thought a toy cleaning solution was superflous too.

However, recently I stock up on the LH toy cleaning spray being discontinued for one reason basically: I have also bought the Womanizer W500 recently and that is not a toy to be washed under tap water... Considering the reviews and the good deals I got for the spray, I'm hoping it will solve my hygiene problem for those few toys that shouldn't be submerged (and are too expensive to take any risks with water). I really hope I'll like it, because I have 5 bottles now that should realy last me a lifetime, LOL!

[suspended user]

suspended user

JJLWB wrote:

I would also like to know if it's going to be replaced along with the LH anal lube which is also being discontinued :( They are both great products and I can't understand why they are discontinuing them both.

Considering the too-good-to-be-true reviews on the LH Discover anal lube, I bought a couple of bottles, not for anal play mind you as we are not (yet) into that, but for our toys (only need for lube in our house), but he found it to be unpleasent and stinging, and I found it to dry off sooner than other lubes and maybe even a bit stickier... so I'm not that impressed with it.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

... Considering the reviews and the good deals I got for the spray, I'm hoping it will solve my hygiene problem for those few toys that shouldn't be submerged (and are too expensive to take any risks with water)....

The thing is, I watched the videos on sex toy cleaning in general (where Annabelle actually puts the toy under the tap to rinse off the sex toy cleaner) and the one on the LH cleaner, where Annabelle says in the beginning that you need running water, and in the end that you need to rinse off the sex toy cleaner under the tap. So I don't see how sex toy cleaner helps with toys that are not splash proof - not to mention the fact that if a toy is really sensible to water, even the spray of sex toy cleaner can probably kill it (a colleague once destroyed a keyboard by spraying the cleaner directly onto the keyboard instead of onto some tissue to wipe off the keys with). (Though I guess with the womanizer it doesn't matter if there's cleaner residue on the part that don't touch your intimate parts and the clit-touching bit can be washed properly. I still wonder why sex toy manufacturers don't put more thought - and design skill - into their toys...)

As for the anal lube - I also found it stinging for the first few uses, but I don't notice that any more. Though I've discovered in the meantime that I much prefer grease for anal play and that the Sliquid Gel is almost as thick as LH anal lube - without ever having caused any burning whatsoever. So I won't miss LH Discover either...

[suspended user]

suspended user

Talia wrote:

The thing is, I watched the videos on sex toy cleaning in general (where Annabelle actually puts the toy under the tap to rinse off the sex toy cleaner) and the one on the LH cleaner, where Annabelle says in the beginning that you need running water, and in the end that you need to rinse off the sex toy cleaner under the tap. So I don't see how sex toy cleaner helps with toys that are not splash proof - not to mention the fact that if a toy is really sensible to water, even the spray of sex toy cleaner can probably kill it (a colleague once destroyed a keyboard by spraying the cleaner directly onto the keyboard instead of onto some tissue to wipe off the keys with). (Though I guess with the womanizer it doesn't matter if there's cleaner residue on the part that don't touch your intimate parts and the clit-touching bit can be washed properly. I still wonder why sex toy manufacturers don't put more thought - and design skill - into their toys...)

I am planning to use the cleaner spraying it onto a wipe so as if they were wet wipes. The thing is, for toys I can properly wash I use a generous amount of my intimate wash. Now, detergents usually make a good deal of foam, so you need to rinse them off properly. I suppose I could dilute the intimate wash and make my own "home made spray" which wouldn't foam as much, for those toys that can't be rinsed off easily, but I would feel that the diluted version is not enough effective and it's a hassle I'm not willing to take anyway. So I'll probably just wipe my toys clean with the LH cleaner and will decide later on if I need to wipe them again after the solution with just plain water... Much more hassle-free than any other options I could come up with for cleaning those odd ones out...

GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

Talia wrote:

I am planning to use the cleaner spraying it onto a wipe so as if they were wet wipes. The thing is, for toys I can properly wash I use a generous amount of my intimate wash. Now, detergents usually make a good deal of foam, so you need to rinse them off properly. I suppose I could dilute the intimate wash and make my own "home made spray" which wouldn't foam as much, for those toys that can't be rinsed off easily, but I would feel that the diluted version is not enough effective and it's a hassle I'm not willing to take anyway. So I'll probably just wipe my toys clean with the LH cleaner and will decide later on if I need to wipe them again after the solution with just plain water... Much more hassle-free than any other options I could come up with for cleaning those odd ones out...

Don't do that, surfactants in the body wash will foam like crazy when sprayed. It would clog the spray after two pumps

[suspended user]

suspended user

GeekyEleanor wrote:

era wrote:

Talia wrote:

Don't do that, surfactants in the body wash will foam like crazy when sprayed. It would clog the spray after two pumps

Thank you! Always to the rescue!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.