• Do you feel like you need toys?

immeallme [sign in to see picture]

We all love a good clock ring ;) haha

@mysteron, don't you clean your toys after using them, so that they're ready to go the next time you'd like to use them?

And generally yeah, we were the same - either straightforward sex with no toys, or a toy session beforehand. Though we needed to make sure we didn't climax too early with the toys!

bex1213 [sign in to see picture]

This is a really good question actually. No. I don't feel like I need them. We only ever use toys during sex when we're in a kinky mood. Personally for solo play, I can go it alone as well but I definitely prefer the sensations of a toy.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

immeallme wrote:

@mysteron, don't you clean your toys after using them, so that they're ready to go the next time you'd like to use them?

And generally yeah, we were the same - either straightforward sex with no toys, or a toy session beforehand. Though we needed to make sure we didn't climax too early with the toys!

Of course we do but they still should be cleaned again prior to using especially if they have been stored and not used for a while.We have started using wipes for this purpose as it speeds up the"drying" time.But even this stops you having spontaneous unplanned sex.with toys.Hence spontaneous sex is always done vanilla.

immeallme [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

immeallme wrote:

Of course we do but they still should be cleaned again prior to using especially if they have been stored and not used for a while.We have started using wipes for this purpose as it speeds up the"drying" time.But even this stops you having spontaneous unplanned sex.with toys.Hence spontaneous sex is always done vanilla.

Good point. Then again, we used them quite regularly. There must be a way to store them after they've been cleaned to preserve their cleanliness... Haha I'm thinking a flight case or something! That'd be a fun flight case :P

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Interesting question. I would say lube is pretty much an essential for us but toys feature less than half the time. However, I think in a long-term relationship (40+ years and counting for us) you do need to have some variation to keep sex interesting so I think the use of toys to add variation has a big effect on how satisfying one finds the 11-35pm, 17minutes 32 seconds, missionary job #5476 (if one had kept count!).

So perhaps the fact that toys may not get used very often is to underestimate there importance. I'm very glad things are so different to the 1970s when the only source of sex toys was the odd shop with blacked out windows in some back street which somehow made one feel grubby before you even stepped into the place.

As for the cleaning/storage/spontaneity thing we clean the toys and store them in storage bags so they are good to go when we need them.

Sinsister [sign in to see picture]

I use toys depending upon how I feel. I look at toys like if going out for the night with lots of excitement or staying in for the night with a cuddle.

Toys are great, as when used they can stimulate different areas for long periods of time and stimulate more then one area.

Also not using toys, but having deeper and more affection love making with my husband turns me on in a different way.

Both ways are enjoyable in different ways for me.

sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]

I find with toys such as a wand, for me, there is no comparison than just my hands alone. I cannot cum as hard as I do when I don't use it, I always make such a mess with it, lol.

Sometimes we will use toys when we have sex, sometimes we don't. Usually my OH will cum first and then he will finish me off using a selection of toys. I don't *need* them, but I find they enhance solo play and add variety to our sex.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I've built an extensive collection myself, so much so that I hardly find anything to buy on here anymore... but as popk1n said, I kind of consider toys a fun hobby too. So far (almost 10 years married) we still mostly do our sex without involving toys, I'd say about 90-95%. But as Moztech, I consider long, toy-including sessions special treats too that are much more memorable so the plan is to have these nights more often ;). But yes, there's the technicality to these sessions that is sometimes off-putting to my husband. Not so much to me though, as I like caring for my collection!
    As many expressed, and especially Laveila put it with my words exactly, I absolutely do need them for solo play.

j&lxxxx [sign in to see picture]

We don't tend to use toys during romantic vanilla type sex, but when we get the chance to have a full on kinky bondage session, toys do tend to add a lot more fun to the session.

As for cleaning, I find that if I start a session with oh blindfolded, either on her knees, or tied up on the bed, I then have the chance to have a look and decide what toys I'm going to, and do any cleaning needed, and while she's waitng, she knows I'm going to use something on her, but she doesn't know what, so the wait adds to the suspence of the sesdion.

Tanya Nguyen [sign in to see picture]

I need toys for sure. Haven't always been this way but hubby has turned me into a size queen with the large dildos. It really isn't his fault, because I've asked for it, and willingly accepted them. Gotta have girth and lots of it to be satisfied now.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Oh I'd die without my toys. My wand in aparticular too. My hub and I do screw but not often!

I play just about twice a day, so hands yes always but toys are a must!

Omnom95 [sign in to see picture]

I've only recently started using toys. No I don't feel like I need them as in they are an essential but I'm damn glad I discovered the pleasure they offer and wouldn't want to be without them now. Never used toys with a partner but discovering the extra pleasure they offer just me I'd really hope they would be open to using toys together.

OpenMindedAlice [sign in to see picture]

I use toys for solo play and when I was married my husband and I used them together for play sessions.

Since I've been single, I've dated a bit and I've bonked a bit but I've found that you need to have quite a bit of mutual trust to be able to get the toys out. I did find one chap who I enjoyed playing with, but we weren't as compatible out of bed as we were in it! *sigh* The perils of being single!

Troubled Joe [sign in to see picture]

Me and Mrs TJ certainly don't *need* them, but we do like to use them. I reckon they get used probably 50% of the time we make love and they certainly add something great, but without them it's great too.

Solo? I use my Fleshlight maybe 2 or 3 times a month and really love it, but most of the time my hand is quicker, easier, and clean-up is much less hassle!

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Definitely not, my OH and I rarely use toys together as we're both able to climax easily without them, and he's just not that keen on them in general. On my own, I do like to use them but I don't need them. I often like to do it the good old fashioned way and sometimes find it better like that, as the build up is slower and more pleasurable, whereas toys can make me climax too quickly sometimes and it's more of an anti-climax (excuse the pun)!

Randy101 [sign in to see picture]

I am single so have a lot of toys

OscarRomeo [sign in to see picture]

Friday13 wrote:

I don't need toys, and often I don't use them with partners, but for longer sessions I think they add something. I do need pain/at least some power play though, and although hands and words are often more than enough, sometimes I like the ritual of restraints or the sensations of particular implements.

I only use toys on my own less than a third of the time. Sometimes that's because I'm lazy but it is also that sometimes I just want to use my hands.

Do you prefer to sub when you play or switch?

OscarRomeo [sign in to see picture]

HarlequinGirl wrote:

sometimes i feel a toy would really help

Do you not have any? Create a wishlist and you never know!

arunnas [sign in to see picture]

I don't feel like we need them but they definitely produce a different dynamic for our play time. I am very much into power play and edging so for us, the easiest and most intense way of doing this is with toys including wands and things :)

We also have our love making as well and we don't tend to bring anything else into this time together.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I just wanted to add as well ,as you get older as a couple toys become more important in a normal session. For example the guy can develop slight Ed and one of the best remedies is the use of a C ring. Also it takes longer in some older guys to recharge for second sessions. No problem here as you can satisfy your partner again with the help of a toy.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.