• One for the Love Honey Staff

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I am curious but having all these sex toys, lingerie and sexy pictures around you all day , does it become a big ditstraction when trying to work professionally?.Ie deep down do you guys get a little sexually excited and have to keep a lid on it ?I bet there are also things that make you laugh as well such as the reason for returns etc.

Or is it something you get used to ?

Assuming that you get used to it eventually how difficult is it for newbies coming to the company to adapt to this working environment . I assume all apllicants need to be broad minded as well .

Thanks guys

Onlyones [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

I am curious but having all these sex toys, lingerie and sexy pictures around you all day , does it become a big ditstraction when trying to work professionally?.Ie deep down do you guys get a little sexually excited and have to keep a lid on it ?I bet there are also things that make you laugh as well such as the reason for returns etc.

Assuming that you get used to it eventually how difficult is it for newbies coming to the company to adapt to this working environment . I assume all apllicants need to be broad minded as well .

Thanks guys

Mysteron did you ever see the tv series ? The returns dept always seems to be a real laugh.

Onlyones wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Thanks guys

Mysteron did you ever see the tv series ? The returns dept always seems to be a real laugh.

I have only seen some parts of it as I kept missing it .

Onlyones [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

Onlyones wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Thanks guys

I have only seen some parts of it as I kept missing it .

I think you might be able to find it on YouTube if not I am sure you could find it somewhere on the Internet.

IIRC it is a few years old now and they have gone though many changes including expansion into the USA.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

Thanks guys

Hey mysteron

To be honest, we're so desensitised to the products none of us get excited in that way at work about. Of course we all see products that we think 'oooh I'd probably try that' - but it's not something we keep a lid on - in fact we usually announce it to the room.

If anything though, it can sometimes be the opposite and the thought of using toys at home seems somewhat of a chore after working with them all day. Having said that, we do have a giggle (whilst being 100% professional, of course!) and some days there are some fantastic one liners that have us all in fits.

My favourite from the other day was when Tilly asked me to "peg her" in the middle of the office. She was actually referring to me clipping the back of her shirt for vlogging, but it didn't come out like that! 

Things that happen in our office and would normally result in an HR meeting in other companies are just everyday business around here! Yesterday I walked into the office and the gang were debating whether a certain male masturbator was suitable for average to well-endowed men. So to test it, we lubed the stroker up grabbed a bunch of different sized dildos and tested it! You can probably imagine what that looked like without me going into too much detail, but literally no one batted an eyelid. It's just normal work for us! 

Part of the interview process here is definitely a test of ones' open mindedness. I know that for Customer Care roles, the manager takes the interviewee through the Warehouse and thrusts the biggest most extreme product her can find into their arms, just to see how they react. It's a good test of character! Newbies definitely giggle at a lot more in their first few weeks, but you'd be surprised at just how quickly everyone becomes very used to working around sex toys and talking about sex all day. 

If you get a chance you should try to find the Frisky Business series. You can find it on the US Netflix but you'll need to fudge your IP address in order to watch it in the UK.

Thanks for that Jess it gives me/us an insite of what goes on and what its like .I can imagine it being quite humourous in the office especially with your bosses being like they are as depicted in the documentary .

Going back to my bank days . Bundles of £20s and £10s instead of a deam amount of cash became just paper . I am still like that today with cash .So yeah I can fully understand when you use the term desensitised .

Just wondering if you can ever see the day that you can invite say members to visit Lovehoney HQ ?

i am sure many would find it a very intersting visit .

Thanks again Jess

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

Thanks guys

We are careful with who we recruit. I would say that people who can't handle the products we sell or are trying to get a job here for ulterior motives are easy enough to identify. 

Your conduct at work has to be professional. Everyone I have ever worked with here knows where the line is. Even when we're all going through the staff box people are mature enough to know when comments would be inappropriate!

The biggest giggles I have had here actually happened in a meeting where someone had come from 'the mainstream' and I found it hard to contain myself every time they mentioned corn plasters.

Having said that, after 5 1/2 years of working here my head is still sometimes turned when I walk through design and they're zoomed in, on 2 x 47 inch screens, on a model's crotch.

Thats great Alice and thanks

I din't think for a minute you guys could walk around with your eyes closed all day

Goatboy Hicks [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

If anything though, it can sometimes be the opposite and the thought of using toys at home seems somewhat of a chore after working with them all day.

I compleatly understand that, when I used to work in a record shop the last thing I wanted to do after a shift is listen to even more music, unless it was something special.

Lovehoney - Rebecca [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Thanks guys

Hey mysteron

To be honest, we're so desensitised to the products none of us get excited in that way at work about. Of course we all see products that we think 'oooh I'd probably try that' - but it's not something we keep a lid on - in fact we usually announce it to the room.

If anything though, it can sometimes be the opposite and the thought of using toys at home seems somewhat of a chore after working with them all day. Having said that, we do have a giggle (whilst being 100% professional, of course!) and some days there are some fantastic one liners that have us all in fits.

My favourite from the other day was when Tilly asked me to "peg her" in the middle of the office. She was actually referring to me clipping the back of her shirt for vlogging, but it didn't come out like that!

Things that happen in our office and would normally result in an HR meeting in other companies are just everyday business around here! Yesterday I walked into the office and the gang were debating whether a certain male masturbator was suitable for average to well-endowed men. So to test it, we lubed the stroker up grabbed a bunch of different sized dildos and tested it! You can probably imagine what that looked like without me going into too much detail, but literally no one batted an eyelid. It's just normal work for us!

Part of the interview process here is definitely a test of ones' open mindedness. I know that for Customer Care roles, the manager takes the interviewee through the Warehouse and thrusts the biggest most extreme product her can find into their arms, just to see how they react. It's a good test of character! Newbies definitely giggle at a lot more in their first few weeks, but you'd be surprised at just how quickly everyone becomes very used to working around sex toys and talking about sex all day.

If you get a chance you should try to find the Frisky Business series. You can find it on the US Netflix but you'll need to fudge your IP address in order to watch it in the UK.

I couldn't agree more with your post Jess, it really does become normal. I have to remind myself when talking to people outside of work that 'anal' or 'cock ring' is not in everyones every day vocabulary!

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

It's really not like that at all to be honest. Yeah we sit around our desks and offices with sex toys all day but like anywhere really you know the difference between work and home. It's like work life and personal life, theyre both completely two different things you regard differently.

My latest trend (or annoyance) is cutting open the bottoms of products to see whats inside them like big dildos, butt plugs etc. It's like performing surgery haha! Most of them contain some pretty strange stuff. In our AU office we all have a lot of sexual jokes, puns and we do mess about with a lot of the toys. We have 2 dogs in our office and they love this butt plug we have. They will chase it for days! 

twincats [sign in to see picture]

Love to see the dogs chasing butt plugs.

BumblebeeBuzzed [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

It's really not like that at all to be honest. Yeah we sit around our desks and offices with sex toys all day but like anywhere really you know the difference between work and home. It's like work life and personal life, theyre both completely two different things you regard differently.

My latest trend (or annoyance) is cutting open the bottoms of products to see whats inside them like big dildos, butt plugs etc. It's like performing surgery haha! Most of them contain some pretty strange stuff. In our AU office we all have a lot of sexual jokes, puns and we do mess about with a lot of the toys. We have 2 dogs in our office and they love this butt plug we have. They will chase it for days!

I'm curious now, what's the strangest stuff you've found in a sex toy??
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Rebecca wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Thanks guys

Hey mysteron

I couldn't agree more with your post Jess, it really does become normal. I have to remind myself when talking to people outside of work that 'anal' or 'cock ring' is not in everyones every day vocabulary!

Or when you're at a work party or on a work trip and you realise you're saying BUTT PLUGS really loudly in the pub/at the airport...

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Picking your niece up from your brother straight from work ... in your Lovehoney Hoody ......

It is the norm for me and I forget it says sexual happiness on it ... ooops lol 

So desensitised to it all really ! 

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

I'd love one of those lovehoney hoodies.

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

BumblebeeBuzzed wrote:

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

I'm curious now, what's the strangest stuff you've found in a sex toy??

It's mostly elasticy stuff from what I have found!

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

bondagegod wrote:

I'd love one of those lovehoney hoodies.

omg yes, an idea right there guys! member hoodies ;)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.