• Scared to use waterproof bullet in bath

thedevils-little-helper [sign in to see picture]

I was recently gifted the Swoon Shimmy gift set, which includes a waterproof bullet. I'd love to use it in the bath but I'm worried something will go wrong and water will get into the battery and electrocute me or something. Am I being silly or is this something that can happen? Has this ever happened to anyone before? I'm too young to die haha. Just really apprehensive about it..

paulsballs [sign in to see picture]

Not enough power to cause harm, if its water proof it should work, ENJOY.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

If it's waterproof you will be fine xx

LeilaK [sign in to see picture]

I've used this bullet in the bath, just make sure to screw the cap on tight! It's still working perfectly, it's my favourite bullet. Have fun ;)

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

The worst thing that can happen is that the bullet might be faulty - that is, not waterproof - and some water can get inside, ruining its electronics for good (I actually managed to "drown" one toy like that...what a shame).There is definitely not enough power to do any harm to you.

@Briona87, if that happens, would Lovehoney send a replacement? I wouldn't mind if it was me who bought it, but a lovely stranger bought it for me and I'd hate for it to break and not get replaced. Sorry for all the questions, I've never used one in the bath before and I'm a major worrier! i do have an anxiety disorder lol

sca [sign in to see picture]

If it says it's waterproof, then it should be and it won't harm you! I've done this before and it was great! Enjoy it!

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

The absolute worst thing that can happen is for the toy to break, not you. And if it breaks, yes, Lovehoney would replace it =) Their 12 month no-questions-asked guarantee is really just as great as it sounds! However, if the toy says waterproof (mind you, there are different degrees of waterproof. check the product page, is it splash proof or submergible?) and it breaks from water, it is a faulty toy and you'd of course get it replaced.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

The absolute worst thing that can happen is for the toy to break, not you. And if it breaks, yes, Lovehoney would replace it =) Their 12 month no-questions-asked guarantee is really just as great as it sounds! However, if the toy says waterproof (mind you, there are different degrees of waterproof. check the product page, is it splash proof or submergible?) and it breaks from water, it is a faulty toy and you'd of course get it replaced.

+1 - Also, you could try it out in a sink/bowl of water first before using it in the bath, so that you feel more confident when you come to use it :) xx

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

thedevils-little-helper wrote:

@Briona87, if that happens, would Lovehoney send a replacement? I wouldn't mind if it was me who bought it, but a lovely stranger bought it for me and I'd hate for it to break and not get replaced. Sorry for all the questions, I've never used one in the bath before and I'm a major worrier! i do have an anxiety disorder lol

As long as you can provide the order reference number and can pass the security questions (as usual) I'm sure our Customer Care team would be able to help you. I'm not sure whether they would have to speak to the person who placed the order or not for data protection, but they could go through all of that with you at the time. 

Honestly, just go for it! Perhaps check out some Swoon bullet reviews to calm your nerves? 

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

It would take around 500 years of continuous short circuit for you to suffer from electric shock related death. As far as I know I don't think there is a battery or rechargeable that holds power that long or indeed if you could stay in the bath that long. Go for it. 👍🏼

[suspended user]

suspended user

Sounds safe if it's waterproof. I agree, there's no way you could get shocked. Have fun!

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

Stuburns wrote:

It would take around 500 years of continuous short circuit for you to suffer from electric shock related death. As far as I know I don't think there is a battery or rechargeable that holds power that long or indeed if you could stay in the bath that long. Go for it. 👍🏼

Yep, the only kind of toy that could actually harm you if you took it to a tub with you would be a mains-powered wand.

I did it, it was fine haha, thanks for reassuring me :P

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

Theres absolutely no danger at all, the current in a single AAA battery is tiny and wouldn't even be able to electrocute a mosquito. The worst that could happen is that it stopped working and in which case you'd be covered under the warranty.

Its highly unlikely water would ever get in at all though.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

thedevils-little-helper wrote:

I did it, it was fine haha, thanks for reassuring me :P

Woohoo! 

Aquatic pleasure UNLOCKED! ^_^ 

Kimberleyking [sign in to see picture]

i have the same set and it is water proof! if water gets in its due to not being screwed on properly even then it will just corode the batteies and stop the bullet working its not enough to give you an electrick shock or anything p.s enjoy !

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

Yes if the item did get damaged due to water we would replace it :-)

In regards to what Jess said about Data Protection- it is dependant on per situation but as long as you can confirm the details no troubles at all! 

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Im too scared to test anything underwater haha :) I just do all my fun not in the bath!

myghost [sign in to see picture]

Briona87 wrote:

Stuburns wrote:

Yep, the only kind of toy that could actually harm you if you took it to a tub with you would be a mains-powered wand.

My Sqweel Go would disagree lol
    as long as your toy isn't conneted to the mains or has anything external that spins around your toy's at worst going to end up in a worse state than you after some aquatic fun

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.