• Best Vibrator for a Beginner?

    1444022666
    EllieGrace [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2014

    Hello all, I am looking for some advice on the best vibrator to get as a beginner? I have never had a rabbit or any other style of vibrator before, and I very much want to try one. I have only ever had small, bullet style vibrator. What have been some of the ones that have given you the best experiences?

    1444026977
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5738
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    For beginners look into the BASICS range, this was one of my first vibrators http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=319 x

    1444028138
    Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3249
    • Joined: 22 Jul 2015

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12292
    I'd go for something like this x

    1444034732
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6253
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007
    1444037923
    Kimberleyking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 926
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2013

    i had a rocks off bullet fo rmy first vibe xx

    1444050948
    Talia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 715
    • Joined: 5 Aug 2015

    Whereas I can't recommmend any specific rabbit (with the one I have I feel nothing on my clit, besides I find that trying to master the technology completely kills the mood and whereas it feels nice and interesting right now I couldn't come from or with it) - or other insertable vibrator - I would give this general advice:

    1. Enjoy browsing the website, reading the buyer's guides, checking out the Lovehoney blog (link at bottom of this page), looking at the videos of the products that interest you

    2. Make sure that you've seen all the special offers: There's the sex toy special offers, the 2 or 3 for £ x deals, the deal of the day (changes at midnight) and the deal of the week (new one on Wednesday). If I have missed anything, somebody please tell me!

    Some offers differ between web sites - as lovehoney.eu is also in English it's worth a look (paying in Euros is not a problem if you use PayPal).

    Have fun!

    1444055458
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2865
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Tracy Cox Rechargable Rabbit is a good one - nice smooth / softer surface, not too big. It is reviewed off my profile if that is helpful.

    What the videos / read up to understand the differences in materials of jelly, silicone, etc.

    1444115412
    EllieGrace [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2014

    Thank you, everybody! I definitely have some shopping to do!

    1444127456
    MissBlondieee [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 1
    • Joined: 10 Mar 2014

    I've just bought the slimline beginners Jessica rabbit for my first vibrator. I too had only used a small bullet type before, so really looking forward to giving it a go!

    1444128772
    Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 308
    • Joined: 9 Jun 2013

    I bought the humdinger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21149 not as my first toy, but as one of my first toys, and it is an everlasting favourite. Very much worth a try!

    1444176927
    EllieGrace [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2014

    MissBlondieee! Let me know how it is! These vibrators all look really great! I haven't bought one yet, but I am looking at my options for sure, and I really appreciate all your help. What do you guys look for in a vibrator? Is it more about speed, or is it just finding the right one for the right person?

    1444193464
    Minkish Minx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 156
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2014

    MissBlondieee wrote:

    I've just bought the slimline beginners Jessica rabbit for my first vibrator. I too had only used a small bullet type before, so really looking forward to giving it a go!

    Ooh good choice! This was my first rabbit too and I loved it. Earth shattering orgasms and all that, it's amazing and a great one to start out with since it's so slim.

    1444194215
    Minkish Minx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 156
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2014

    EllieGrace wrote:

    MissBlondieee! Let me know how it is! These vibrators all look really great! I haven't bought one yet, but I am looking at my options for sure, and I really appreciate all your help. What do you guys look for in a vibrator? Is it more about speed, or is it just finding the right one for the right person?

    What type of vibrator you go for really depends on the person. Personally, I get off best from pinpoint clitoral stimulation so bullets work really well for me. I don't like wands, rockets and other vibrators that provide a broader clitoral stimulation so I avoid those.

    Once I've decided on a specific kind of vibrator, I then look at other things such as:

    - Price
    - Material
    - Vibration speed / patterns
    - Volume
    - Rechargeable VS Batteries
    - Waterproof (Yes / No)
    - Colour

    For me, volume is an important factor since I don't live alone so subtlety is a big issue. Depending on my budget, price is also something I look at. I expect more out of expensive vibrators in terms of whether or not it's rechargeable or waterproof and how strong the vibrations are. Colour isn't really important to me, but I know it matters to some people.

    Hope this helps! c:

    1444242263
    EllieGrace [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2014

    Minkish Minx wrote:

    EllieGrace wrote:

    MissBlondieee! Let me know how it is! These vibrators all look really great! I haven't bought one yet, but I am looking at my options for sure, and I really appreciate all your help. What do you guys look for in a vibrator? Is it more about speed, or is it just finding the right one for the right person?

    What type of vibrator you go for really depends on the person. Personally, I get off best from pinpoint clitoral stimulation so bullets work really well for me. I don't like wands, rockets and other vibrators that provide a broader clitoral stimulation so I avoid those.

    Once I've decided on a specific kind of vibrator, I then look at other things such as:

    - Price
    - Material
    - Vibration speed / patterns
    - Volume
    - Rechargeable VS Batteries
    - Waterproof (Yes / No)
    - Colour

    For me, volume is an important factor since I don't live alone so subtlety is a big issue. Depending on my budget, price is also something I look at. I expect more out of expensive vibrators in terms of whether or not it's rechargeable or waterproof and how strong the vibrations are. Colour isn't really important to me, but I know it matters to some people.

    Hope this helps! c:

    This definitely helps. I don't have to worry too much about the volume factor, but that's a very good list of things to look for. I will keep those things in mind as I search. I don't have a very large budget at all, but I can save up for a while and look into maybe getting one that's really good.
    1444242456
    Echo32B [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 292
    • Joined: 11 Oct 2014

    Vanessa8 wrote:

    Tracy Cox Rechargable Rabbit is a good one - nice smooth / softer surface, not too big. It is reviewed off my profile if that is helpful.

    What the videos / read up to understand the differences in materials of jelly, silicone, etc.

    Second this! It was my first rabbit! Its got a really luxury feel, great vibration (but not numbingly strong) and small enough for someone new to sex toys. Hmmm going to go play with mine now! :L

    1444245492
    EllieGrace [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2014

    Echo32B wrote:

    Vanessa8 wrote:

    Tracy Cox Rechargable Rabbit is a good one - nice smooth / softer surface, not too big. It is reviewed off my profile if that is helpful.

    What the videos / read up to understand the differences in materials of jelly, silicone, etc.

    Second this! It was my first rabbit! Its got a really luxury feel, great vibration (but not numbingly strong) and small enough for someone new to sex toys. Hmmm going to go play with mine now! :L

    It sounds like a great toy! I will definitely check it out! :3
    1444247009
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1319
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    I have the Tracey Cox Rechargeable Rabbit as well. It really is good for a beginner because it's slim and non-intimidating :)

    1444261917
    SteamyBedtime [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 11
    • Joined: 20 Dec 2014

    Another vote here for the Tracey Cox supersex USB rechargeable rabbit - the first time I'd ever felt a toy with such a velvety/silky surface! Fab, and no worries for buying batteries. :-) x

    1444275320
    Minkish Minx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 156
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2014

    Oh boy, now I really want that Tracey Cox rabbit. :3 Literally *everytime* someone asks for a rabbit recommendation, that baby gets the most votes for being the best.

    I need it. D:

    1444352548
    EllieGrace [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 12
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2014

    Wow! That one definitely seems to be the most popular! It really looks amazing, I just wish it were in the budget!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.