• Crap-a-doodle do!

Luv bunny [sign in to see picture]

Sh*t, I've only gone and dropped a little spring thingy from the Tracey Cox Edge Cock ring down the sink plug when I pulled the silicone strip out of the tightener to clean it...no! Only got to use it once! Will Lovehoney take it back, or is it my own fault? Don't want to take advantage of their returns policy, but gutted as I requested it be added to an order and made a Pay Pal account to make the payment for it as well 😢

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

Have you tried to unscrew the J-bend to see if it's still in there?
    It very well might be! I've retreived all sorts of crap I've dropped down the sink.

And if it isn't still in there, the J-bend might very well do with little clean anyway, so it's sort of like a win/win situaion ;-)

Lovethekink [sign in to see picture]

Surely the springs shouldn't fall out that easily? If they're not meant to come out then yeah I'd contact customer care hun xx

BarginHunta [sign in to see picture]

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

Have you tried to unscrew the J-bend to see if it's still in there?
    It very well might be! I've retreived all sorts of crap I've dropped down the sink.

And if it isn't still in there, the J-bend might very well do with little clean anyway, so it's sort of like a win/win situaion ;-)

This ^^

Alternatively, presuming the spring is steel you can try 'fishing' for it through the plug hole. You can get rods witha magnetic tip that you can use for this, or alternatively a long screw driver that you've rubbed a magnet against a few times can work.This all depends how far down the pipe the trap is though, hence why the method quoted above is your best bet.

As for customer service I guess it depends how you feel about it. If it was something that makes sense to take apart to clean, then it would seem that the spring shouldn't come out that easily, so CS would likely have no issue with it. If however you've taken apart something you shouldn't have tehn they might not be so willing.. - I don't know.

I'd try to recover the spring, and if that fails then hop onto the chat and speak to them about it.

Good luck! :)

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Jessicaleon11 wrote:

Surely the springs shouldn't fall out that easily? If they're not meant to come out then yeah I'd contact customer care hun xx

+1

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

To be fair, customer service have a 365 day no quibbles return policy, so I think they'd have to accept any return for whatever reason. However, it's probably a good idea to try and retrieve the spring yourself first :)

Yeah it's the adjustable one PF. I literally took the silicone strip that makes the 'ring' out of the toggle and after cleaning was about to put the strip back through the toggle, but the toggle part separated out in my hand and as I was trying to reassemble that the spring bit just popped out.

Will see if we can retrieve it first, but if no luck think I will try customer services...

And I'm not exactly a DIYer...if I attempted to take the J-bend apart (supposing I actually got it apart) we'd either end up with a very wet floor, or an unusable sink or both!

lucky for me, my OH is handy. In more ways than one ;)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.