• Sex toys use in hot tub?

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

My OH and I are going to a hot tub for the weekend in early September, to celebrate being engaged for a year.

Now I know I could use my glass dildos in the hot tub, but what about my other toys?

is it safe to use my waterproof toys in the hot tub? Is the water pressure from the jets bad for the waterproof nature of the toys?

Will the chlorine affect my silicon toys!

I was specifically thinking of my new Lelo Mona 2.

your help and advice is welcome please.

Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]

Ooooh, I actually have no idea. You'd probably be best off asking customer care, or maybe even shooting Lelo an email - I know I'd personally never risk my Mona 2!

bunual [sign in to see picture]

I would not expect the chlorine in the water to pose any problems because normal tap water is chlorinated although to a much lower extend. Some of the joint of the tub are probably sealed with rubber or silicone washers so if these are safe so would your toys. I wouldn't leave the toys sitting around in the water though because it may cause surface damage after multiple hours.

Toys are considered "waterproof" if you can use them in the bath. They probably haven't been tested in front of a strong waterjet, like you would have in a hot tub, so it would be your own risk. Maybe use the toys with the jets and bubble off if you're worried or keep them out of the direct flow.

Do bear in mind that using toys internally is more likely to cause bacterial problems when in water, especially dirty water. This is why sex isn't recommended when swimming in the sea. You are also more likely to require additional lube because it can wash away faster than your body can produce it. If you are doing it on a reasonably regular basis, you may want to upgrade the water filtration unit and invest in a UV steriliation unit.

Thanks, I really don't want to damage my Mons2 especially as it is new, so maybe just the glass in the hot tub then.

i can always use the mona in the shower with the OH.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

I would express caution when using toys or engaging in any sexual activity in a hot tub. You would need to use a silicone based lube (as water-based will just wash away) - but if this gets anywhere else, you can find yourself in a dangerous situation - me and my husband tried sex in a hot tub last year, once you've got silicone lube in your hands, it's not easy to rinse off, and as hands touched the plastic seating, it soon turned incredibly slippery, and at one point, as I stood up to change position, I almost tumbled out of the hot tub because I slipped on the seating!! So do take the utmost care and keep a towel VERY handy!!

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Wouldn't use expensive toys in the tub, it's much deeper(usually) than a bath so the risk of water getting in is greater, use before/after maybe?

DavidB1986 wrote:

I would express caution when using toys or engaging in any sexual activity in a hot tub. You would need to use a silicone based lube (as water-based will just wash away) - but if this gets anywhere else, you can find yourself in a dangerous situation - me and my husband tried sex in a hot tub last year, once you've got silicone lube in your hands, it's not easy to rinse off, and as hands touched the plastic seating, it soon turned incredibly slippery, and at one point, as I stood up to change position, I almost tumbled out of the hot tub because I slipped on the seating!! So do take the utmost care and keep a towel VERY handy!!

Very handy to know. Fortunately we hardly ever use lube as I'm very easily turned on.

So I emailed Lelo and they said it should be ok to use my Mona 2 in the hot tub! As long as the temperature is not too high (advise not above 40*c) and that the toy is cleaned immediately after use to remove chlorine it should be fine.

Thought there might be other people out there that are interested.

Private_member [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

Very handy to know. Fortunately we hardly ever use lube as I'm very easily turned on.

We have always found in the pool that we need some silicone lube even although in normal (out of water) conditions we don't use anything extra generally for lubrication.

I guess if you don't need lube in the shower then you should be okay in a pool/hot tube.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I personally wouldn't take anything but glass into a hot tub, I'd be too worried about any damage by the high chlorine content and the temperature.

The silicone lube sounds a good idea for when in a pool, as he chlorine dries me up.

J&M86 [sign in to see picture]

Enjoy yourselves. We have never used toys in the hot tub but have always had sex in them when we've had weekends away. We don't use lube as we're pretty much horny all the time 😉 as the water makes you feel weightless, we have experimented with all sorts of positions which just wouldn't be possible for us out of water. It's one of those things that I can think back to and always makes me grin like a Cheshire cat!

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

I'm paranoid about getting infections etc so I'd personally stick to using external toys like a bullet or something in a hot tub.

Hope you enjoy your time away and (very) belated congrats on your engagement!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.