• Quiet Wand?

    1438008184
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    I want a wand but the problem is the noise. It's not a toy that I'd be able to use because I live with family so does a quiet one exist at all?

    1438008504
    butterflybee [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 366
    • Joined: 2 Apr 2014

    I think you might struggle if you're looking for a mains powered one since they will inherently be more noisy than anything battery powered because of the increase in power.
    Are you looking for mains powered or would battery powered be suitable? I have both the LH deluxe mains wand, and the mini wand too. I find the mains wand is ok noise wise at the lower end of its power. The mini wand is also pretty impressive power wise considering it's battery powered (I am by no means a power queen though!)

    1438008586
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    butterflybee wrote:

    I think you might struggle if you're looking for a mains powered one since they will inherently be more noisy than anything battery powered because of the increase in power.
    Are you looking for mains powered or would battery powered be suitable? I have both the LH deluxe mains wand, and the mini wand too. I find the mains wand is ok noise wise at the lower end of its power. The mini wand is also pretty impressive power wise considering it's battery powered (I am by no means a power queen though!)

    Mains powered. Yeah I'm becoming a snob with sex toys lol

    1438008642
    kinkytaffs [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 309
    • Joined: 10 Dec 2014

    Turn the tv up high, bobs your uncle

    1438008712
    sleepycelia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 744
    • Joined: 9 Jan 2011

    The large Lelo smart wand is pretty quiet compared to most other wands I've used - the noise level goes up a bit on the third or fifth level (can't check, it's out of battery) but it's still not audible through a door.

    I can't really think of any others - the first speed of the Mystic Wand is quiet but the others are very high pitched. :/

    1438008863
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    kinkytaffs wrote:

    Turn the tv up high, bobs your uncle

    Lol I'm too paranoid to do that because I think it'll still be heard

    1438008895
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    sleepycelia wrote:

    The large Lelo smart wand is pretty quiet compared to most other wands I've used - the noise level goes up a bit on the third or fifth level (can't check, it's out of battery) but it's still not audible through a door.

    I can't really think of any others - the first speed of the Mystic Wand is quiet but the others are very high pitched. :/

    Hmm I was considering the medium one but apparently it's pointless because it's not powerful enough

    1438009072
    capricorn13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2921
    • Joined: 25 Aug 2013

    The 50 shades rechargable wand is quite a bit quieter than the Lovehoney mains but packs a reasonable punch. I found the mini very noisy for the power it delivers.

    An alternative to the tv for covering noise is a fan; less distracting too.

    1438009356

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    sleepycelia wrote:

    The large Lelo smart wand is pretty quiet compared to most other wands I've used - the noise level goes up a bit on the third or fifth level (can't check, it's out of battery) but it's still not audible through a door.

    I second that. I have a Lelo Large, and it is pretty quiet if you ask me (though I never used any other wands, so couldn't compare). For me, the Lelo Large thicks all the right boxes.

    1438009416
    sleepycelia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 744
    • Joined: 9 Jan 2011

    Kittycat102 wrote:

    sleepycelia wrote:

    The large Lelo smart wand is pretty quiet compared to most other wands I've used - the noise level goes up a bit on the third or fifth level (can't check, it's out of battery) but it's still not audible through a door.

    I can't really think of any others - the first speed of the Mystic Wand is quiet but the others are very high pitched. :/

    Hmm I was considering the medium one but apparently it's pointless because it's not powerful enough

    Yeah the medium's not very powerful, I haven't heard very many good things and I know a couple of people who've likened it to one of Lelo's smaller vibes and for the price you pay it's not really worth it.

    Seconding capricorn on the FSOG one, the Holy Cow one! I got rid of mine but remember it as being very quiet.

    1438009430
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    capricorn13 wrote:

    The 50 shades rechargable wand is quite a bit quieter than the Lovehoney mains but packs a reasonable punch. I found the mini very noisy for the power it delivers.

    An alternative to the tv for covering noise is a fan; less distracting too.

    Lol funny you say a fan because I put the fan on everytime I use a vibrator because even though the ones I have a relatively quiet, I am pretty paranoid so I just turn the fan on anyway

    1438009431
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    capricorn13 wrote:

    The 50 shades rechargable wand is quite a bit quieter than the Lovehoney mains but packs a reasonable punch. I found the mini very noisy for the power it delivers.

    An alternative to the tv for covering noise is a fan; less distracting too.

    Lol funny you say a fan because I put the fan on everytime I use a vibrator because even though the ones I have a relatively quiet, I am pretty paranoid so I just turn the fan on anyway

    1438009461
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    Sorry, double post

    1438009802
    Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2120
    • Joined: 22 Apr 2014

    To be honest, I have the LH mains wand and you can't hear it in other rooms at all.

    I live with my parents for now, and when I bought it I did a test. I turned it on the lowest setting, went outside, closed my door, and couldn't hear it. My parents bedroom is next door, couldn't hear it in there either. I then turned it up to the highest setting and did the same, and apart from a very faint high pitched sound that can't really be heard either.

    I think when you're using it, you can hear for yourself how loud it is and you think that's how everyone else hears it, but I don't think they take much notice and it's not that loud anyway :)

    1438010073
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    Boogaloo wrote:

    To be honest, I have the LH mains wand and you can't hear it in other rooms at all.

    I live with my parents for now, and when I bought it I did a test. I turned it on the lowest setting, went outside, closed my door, and couldn't hear it. My parents bedroom is next door, couldn't hear it in there either. I then turned it up to the highest setting and did the same, and apart from a very faint high pitched sound that can't really be heard either.

    I think when you're using it, you can hear for yourself how loud it is and you think that's how everyone else hears it, but I don't think they take much notice and it's not that loud anyway :)

    Well to be fair, that's true. I can hear all my toys when I'm using it but I did a noise test and left the room. Can't actually hear anything at all lol

    1438014153
    Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3145
    • Joined: 19 Dec 2009

    capricorn13 wrote:

    The 50 shades rechargable wand is quite a bit quieter than the Lovehoney mains but packs a reasonable punch. I found the mini very noisy for the power it delivers.

    An alternative to the tv for covering noise is a fan; less distracting too.

    I second this chouce of wand!

    Have lso done my own noise test and it passes, especially if under a duvet

    1438027604
    Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1436
    • Joined: 4 Jan 2015

    Just Jenson wrote:

    capricorn13 wrote:

    The 50 shades rechargable wand is quite a bit quieter than the Lovehoney mains but packs a reasonable punch. I found the mini very noisy for the power it delivers.

    An alternative to the tv for covering noise is a fan; less distracting too.

    I second this chouce of wand!

    Have lso done my own noise test and it passes, especially if under a duvet

    Hmm might have to check it out

    1438114115
    Up-the-Creek [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 20
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2008

    What about an Eroscillator - my OH's absolute favourite...

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.