• Kegal toners question.

misstasty [sign in to see picture]

Hi,

I'm new to using these kegal toner balls and I just have a quick question for ladies who are more experienced users.

Do you have to physically tighten your muscles around them on and off the whole time you're wearing them or does the fact that they're staying put mean your muscles are clinching them naturally, thus giving them a sufficient workout?

Thanks for any advice offered, I really apprciate it. Xx

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

The little booklet that came with mine said that your muscles naturally tighten around them, so you don't have to make an effort to do it yourself.

Start off by wearing them for 15 mins at a time, while you're doing housework or exercising etc, then gradually increase that time when you feel ready :)

Oh, thank you Boogaloo.

I hated doing the pelvic floor exercises after having my two children and tbh didn't keep them up but now I'm worried what toll the pregnancies and births took on my pelvic floor. So these kegal toners are a God send, especially if all you have to do is pop 'em in.

I bought the Tracey Cox single and double ones, starting with the single obviously. Wore it the other day for a few hours. I'm unsure about venturing outside with it inserted!!

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

They naturally tighten but you can physically tighten them too. I would recommend either wearing them for a short period and physically tightening them, or wear them for a long period (I think no more than 8 hours is recommended) and just let them naturally tighten.

Thanks LibraLover, I didn't realise they shouldn't be worn for longer than 8 hours a day so I'm glad you told me that.

I also own the LH basics ones and I noticed that it is stated they should be removed when you need to pee. However there's no mention of this on the Tracey Cox brand ones?

I still remove it 'cause it just seems more hygenic gor them to be removed when using the loo but is it necessary with all brands to do so? Does this make it awkward for those of you who were them out and about?

I tend to remove mine when I go to the toilet, just because there's a chance they could get forced out and I'd have to phish them out of my own pee haha!

I don't wear mine for that long anyway to be honest, the weight of them is fine but the size/shape is uncomfortable for me. I'm trying to keep them in for longer though because I hate kegels as well!

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

The Tracey Cox ones are silicon whereas the Lovehoney basic ones have a string cord. Silicon is safer because it doesn't hold any bacteria after washed, whereas the string cord can. So I would say it's safe to keep your new ones in when you pee if you want. I normally leave mine in and just move the cord out of the way, as long as I'm confident they won't fall out!

Thank you so much Boogaloo and LibraLover. So glad I understand my tonet balls alot more now.

I think I'll continue to remove them before using the loo 'cause I don't like the idea off having to retrieve them should they fall out. But it's good to know I have the option to leave them in once I become a more experienced user.

I hope that you can get used to wearing them for longer periods of time Boogaloo. It's worth it when we don't have to do those flipping squeezing exercises! When I have my next kid, I can just tell the midwife - no need for that c**p I got kegal toner balls. ;)

Thank you again ladies. :)

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

While we are on a kegal topic, how far in are you supposed to wear them? I only ever wear ones with retrival cords but ive noticed that after i have clenched around them, they seem to get sucked in!

Is that normal or are they meant to stay nearer the entrance? I worry about the whole cord disappearing inside and wonder if im working out the wrong muscles?

Also, ive tried a few different ones out but have never felt the jiggle, even when they feel really jiggly in my hands, once they are in i cant feel any movement. Ive tried running, jumping, hula hooping and nothing!

JM88 wrote:

While we are on a kegal topic, how far in are you supposed to wear them? I only ever wear ones with retrival cords but ive noticed that after i have clenched around them, they seem to get sucked in!

Is that normal or are they meant to stay nearer the entrance? I worry about the whole cord disappearing inside and wonder if im working out the wrong muscles?

Also, ive tried a few different ones out but have never felt the jiggle, even when they feel really jiggly in my hands, once they are in i cant feel any movement. Ive tried running, jumping, hula hooping and nothing!

I can't feel the jiggle either, no matter what I do! I don't know if it's the balls or me, because I also don't get much sensation from internal vibrations either.

I also worry I have a small vagina, which I know is ridiculous because my partner is much longer than my kegel balls and I can take his whole length, but I can't get my kegels in all the way. I push them in as far as I can and it feels like they're hitting my cervix, but half of the bottom ball is still sticking out and it really hurts!

I guess when I'm aroused my vagina expands, but I'm not particularly aroused when I'm putting in kegel balls... maybe I'll have to start masturbating beforehand :|

[suspended user]

suspended user

So, here’s my experience. I might add, as it is a relevant information to the subject, I am over 30, but never been pregnant.

I have been doing the Kegel exercises without the toys sporadically for a while before buying my first set, but was never constant enough about them.

These were my first purchase: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12689. I found these worked fine, I used them regularly for about two weeks every day for a couple of hours, but didn’t really squeeze. However, I could feel them jiggle inside me when I was doing my gardening for example.

Since I hated having to take out the two balls from the silicone harness before and after each use to properly clean everything (yes, I’m one of the hygiene freaks on here) and I thought they weren’t working my muscles properly as I didn’t have to work to keep them in (as you ladies have said, they were just staying put naturally without requiring a conscious effort from my part), I jumped on these when day were DOTD over a year ago: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25361 This resolved my first issue, being all just one piece, easy enough to clean. However, size and weight wise it wasn’t a big difference and I am not too fond of the design either. I also found the silicone to be hard and slightly uncomfortable, so haven’t used them a lot (yet).

These were my next buy on offer: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30257 only because I find them cute LOL and because I felt I need something smaller to make me consciously having to work the muscles to keep it in. They are indeed well made, I’m not sure they are stainless, but haven’t worked out the courage to try them out yet anyhow because they are so small and cordless.

So my next purchase aimed at resolving the “fear of removing it if too small” problem with these: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31512. They are a little bit bigger than the steel ones, and have the option of using them with the silicone harness for safe removal. And indeed I love them, however I don’t feel like I need to work to hold them in as they stay put on their own. I have tried just one without a cord, only for a few seconds and it popped out rather easily when I wanted it to. But still not brave enough to try for longer and moving about…

I then jumped on buying these http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25733 when they were on sale. I just loved the idea of their weight and thought that something this big should be easy enough to feel where it is inside and squat out even without the safety removal cord. I did try them out, but only one at a time and I feel like I do have to work to keep them in even if they are big due to them being of very sleek glass (so they would slip out easily from lubrication and weight). I love these. This set also has a VERY informative booklet with it that answers your questions about potentially working the wrong muscles. I found this booklet most helpful, JM88.

However, now I have this coming my way: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32206 because I am still not constant about using them. So this little joy hopefully will close my circle of searching for ideal Kegels (from Lelo to Lelo) as its technology will hopefully teach me to do the exercises properly. It is also great to know how trained are you. When I will have mastered what the Luna Smart has to offer, I will go back to using all my previous little buys!

I am confident enough to wear them when I use the toilet, but as I don’t tend to keep them in for more than a couple of hours at most, I can avoid this problem altogether.

I wouldn’t be afraid of them getting lost, as there is nowhere they could go. Your vagina ends with a VERY narrow cervix, so there isn’t a jiggle ball small enough to pass that. If you feel like something has disappeared in there, you just need to relax, squat and push. Getting aroused would also help as you will then lubricate naturally and become slippery for the ball’s easy slide out.

And Boo, I think you just need to relax your muscles in taking them in. When you take your partner in, your body is aroused (lubricated and dilated) for him. On the other hand, when you insert a foreign object inside of you for an exercise, you need to be as comfortable as possible and don’t think of it as a gynaecologist type of experience.

Sorry for the long post, hope it answers some questions.

Perhaps you should try the Tracey Cox single toner ball like I have Boogaloo? I started off with the LH basics double ones and found they didn't quite work for me. I also thought maybe it was a bit soon for double balls.

The single ball is working out great so far and I can feel the weighted ball jiggling and rolling about. (I couldn't with the LH basics double) There isn't a snowballs chance in hell it's gonna bring me to climax like out wemon experience though.

I found that too JM88, I wss removing mine the other night and I was like oh s*#t where is the cord?!! So perhaps when you clinch they're drawn up into the correct position... hopefully not the wrong position!

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks to you all.

im a bit squeamish about touching down there so i only ever insert the first ball completely and then the second until i cant get any further without my finger going in. After a workout session i go to take them out and notice that the cord is flush with the entrance, or only a few mm out! Usually pushing down means that enough cord comes out that i can pull them out.

I guess im just thinking that the cords all seem to be a standard length so im thinking if mine end up inside me then i must be doing something wrong!

[suspended user]

suspended user

JM88 wrote:

Thanks to you all.

im a bit squeamish about touching down there so i only ever insert the first ball completely and then the second until i cant get any further without my finger going in. After a workout session i go to take them out and notice that the cord is flush with the entrance, or only a few mm out! Usually pushing down means that enough cord comes out that i can pull them out.

I guess im just thinking that the cords all seem to be a standard length so im thinking if mine end up inside me then i must be doing something wrong!

The first part is a problem I can't help you with, but on the second part I'd say you're not doing anything wrong. Of course it depends a lot on how long the original cord is on your toy, but mine usually don't stay all that out either. However, for ease of mind on both issues you raised, you could attach another cord to the original one for it to be surely out enough for you to feel comfortable removing.

Unfortunately, the surest way to know which muscle to work out is to feel it with your fingers inside you.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Update: my Lelo Luna Smart has arrived today and I was super excited to try it out. By factory setting it starts you out with level 3, which is midway between 1-5. Upon first use it learns how trained your muscles are and from the second use on it remembers your progress. I was pretty sure it was not going to evaluate me at less than 2... wrong! After the first exercise round it put me to level 1! Disappointing, but also a great challenge! I could strongly recommend it for all you ladies who are in doubt about doing them right or enough! Not sure if I would pay full price, but with a discount is well worth it!

I think you do need to squeeze and release in order for the muscles to work out and the balls are there only to help you squeeze (as it’s easier to grip something rather than thin air). Let’s not forget that Kegel exercises were invented before the balls to help you do them!

Its size and shape will definitely prevent it accidentally falling out, yet is small enough to be comfortable to wear. (And JM88, I think the removal cord is long enough for ease of mind and it didn’t seem to be overly sucked in while clenching!)

Minkish Minx [sign in to see picture]

I've been on a kegel ball craze after I tried my first set out of curiosity. I totally love them now and have tried out a few different sets. I feel like I'm addicted!

@misstasty - That's an amazing set to start out with! As for your original question, everyone's right, your muscles will naturally clench around them. To improve the workout though, it helps to do some basic pelvic exercises while you have it in (like clench for 10 seconds and then release, rinse and repeat). That way, you get a good kegel workout even if you're just sitting at your desk.

@ JM88 - About the problem with the retrieval cord sneakily sneaking in, it's actually a common thing, especially if you've been wearing them for a prolonged period of time while engaging in physical activity like working out. Your muscles will clench around them which causes the balls to shift and move inside. I've had it happen to me on numerous occasions as well, so don't worry! It's a little pesky, but you're not doing anything wrong. c:

@ Boogaloo - Which balls are you using? I think the heavier the balls, the more apparent the jiggling will be. Sometimes though, I've found that my body gets too accustomed to having the balls so the jiggling gets less noticeable for me over time. On the bright side, the jiggling is really more for pleasure and doesn't affect the effectiveness of the workout.

As for having problems with insertion, sometimes the position can make a difference. I've found that the best way to get them in (and out) is to squat since my muscles tend to be the most relaxed that way. Also, use a lot of lube to help get you started. Some balls are bigger in circumference so getting them in can be tricky, especially that second ball. If push comes to shove, masturbating does help and can be a nice little pre-workout treat! ;)

@ era - That's an amazing collection of kegel balls! I'm personally really afraid of trying out the free balls. I have the magnetic hematite ones and tried inserting one. It happily went up all the way to my cervix and refused to come out. Luckily, I had the other one and managed to magnet it out (it got a little pinchy though, ouch!). Haven't worked up the courage to give it another shot, I'm a chicken.

I definitely want to try the glass ones out and omg yes, totally the Lelo Luna Smart as well. You're right, it is pricey barring any form of discount, but it sounds amazing. I guess I would kinda like to have my kegel prowess accessed to know how far I've come!

Currently, my favourite pair is the Inner Goddess balls from the 50 Shades of Grey collection: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26073. It doesn't jiggle, but it really provides the greatest workout. Plus, it's steel, which is so fun to wear. I kinda miss the jiggling though so I'm definitely eye-balling the Ami + by Je Joue: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32417. 136g with free roaming balls sounds so enticing, oh yum!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.