• How important is it for your toys to look good?

Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]

I am such a toy snob when it comes to looks. I like everything in my collection to be beautiful or reflect some aspect of my personality or style eg. I wasn't initially fussed by the Lelo Mona Wave until I saw it came in the same blue as my hair and then I NEEDED one, haha! (Despite all it's negative reviews I actually loved the toy in the end too :P)

But yeah, if it's unusually coloured (green, blue, orange etc) and beautifully designed I'll be all over it.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Yes, if the toy looks tacky or silly it can affect the mood. I also think my patner is affected by how the toy looks, the lelo is his favorite to use on me, he hates my rabbit that looks like a big pink neon cock. I recently got the Tracy Cox Recharable rabbit in black and it just looks so elegant and sexy! So yes, colours and appearances are a factor for me.

Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]

I honestly thought I wasn't one for overly pretty things when it came to sex toys but I noticed that when I'm browsing, I'm more likely to click on something that appeals to my aesthetics rather than something that looks silly or too plain, regardless if it has a high rating. And since I recently got glass toys (and just bought another one earlier), I realised that it really does matter what they look like cause I could admire my glass toys all freakin day lol

myghost [sign in to see picture]

Of course looks are important in as much as i have to like what the toy looks like if i'm going to invest in it and spend my time using it. doesn't matter if it has 250 5 star glowing reviews hailing it the greatest sex toy ever invented if i don't like the look i wont buy it

Jollux [sign in to see picture]

I motioned towards this with looking at the G5 fun factory vibe. To me, it's incredibly important for a toy not only to feel well built, but to look well built. I'd be more than willing to spend a few extra £££ on a sleek, 'pretty' looking toy than a tacky toy. It makes me feel sexier when I'm using a sexy looking toy, whereas with tack I just feel a bit dirty really.

Troubled Joe [sign in to see picture]

The Womanizer sounds intriguing but looks bloody awful! I must admit though, the more reviews I read, the more tempting it is. But it's so expensive....

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

The revel sol looks very strange to me! The womanizer does look strange but ive heard so many good things about it but id rather have a luxury toy that looks luxurious!

sleepycelia [sign in to see picture]

It's fairly important to me but I can get over it if I need to; dildos that look like actual dicks generally have me running for the hills but if it's in a material that I loooooove, like Vixskin or Tantus' O2, then I can look past it. I don't actually mind how the Womanizer looks either but I do have a massive issue with the name. Eugh.

Having said that, there are some genuinely atrocious looking toys out there. I once had a look through one manufacturers catalogue (not going to name them) and it made me feel legitimately ill. :/

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Appearance is important to me too. I don't mind the womanizer in black, but it does look awfully tacky in the pink/leopard print.

I'd like a more wider range of colours, getting fed up of pinks and purples.

With glass, I like them to have a range of colours too. The plain clear ones are a tad boring, but it really shouldn't matter, yet it does!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I admit I am very curious about the womanizer, but... I admit I do not like the design too much. I mean the black looks bit better, but instead of a crazy looking patter, I would more appreciate something more.... decent. Combination of black and white? That would be classic. Or red and white and maybe purple and white. At least it would look more classy than this. With those crazy paterns it does look bit cheap, but I admit I am bit curious about the sensations.

TickleMeTots [sign in to see picture]

For me, if a toy doesn't look good, I won't use/buy it regardless of the good reviews.
    It's kind of the same for lingerie as well, I don't care so much for comfort, just how good it looks.

HoneyBear7 [sign in to see picture]

Very important to me, they got to be nice and stylish, pretty color, etc.

The Lady Ligeia [sign in to see picture]

The only reason I would ever use a tacky, cheap-looking, or ugly toy is if someone gave me one. I would never spend money on a toy that I disliked at first glance. I currently use toys only for solo play; so, every time I buy a toy, I am treating myself. I like pretty, girly toys (yes, I love pink!). If a tacky toy had rave reviews, I might feel conflicted. But I just don't think I could bring myself to buy it. I like pretty things too much

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

The Womanizer, totally not good looking (especially the pink one!) but the black one is a little nicer.

However I have the Sol and I just think it looks cool! haha

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I agree both toys look fairly tacky and I wouldn't buy them. I WILL NOT buy toys that are flesh colour regardless of what the reviews. I just can't stand them. I also HATE pink, although the swan is testing my absolute ban on pink toys. I definitely think there should be colour options on toys. Why are none of them blue? I love blue.

Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]

I'm actually quite a toy snob.
    I won't buy battery powered toys myself, even though I know some of them are brilliant (like the Tracey Cox vibe, Terri gifted me) I don't like to spend a huge amount either though so I'm a snob who can't afford to be a snob :')

I don't like owning toys with wires (besides their charging points) and I like toys to look expensive without the expensive price tag. I own the black lovehoney wand, and as much as I love it, ooh and aah'd over it for months, I still think it is one of the ugliest toys I have. Although worth the purchase.

I quite like weird looking toys. As well. Especially glass :') I like all my toys to look pretty in their place all clean and shiny.

But long story short, yeah I'd not want to buy the womaniser purely for its looks but I'm sure I would still get it if I could afford it.

FillMeUpButtercup [sign in to see picture]

For me it's very important. My collection is mostly made FSOG stuff because I love the colour scheme of the entire line. As for the SOL, I think it's alright. The womanizer looks awful!

I'm instantly turned away if it looks really cheap or tacky. I'm not even a big fan of realistic dildos. I'd much rather have the bright pink Showerstud than a flesh coloured dong.

Same goes for my latest purchase, the we-vibe 4 plus. I couldn't decide which colour to go with because none of the available colours looked great IMO. The pink is so standard, the purple was a bit boring and the grey was a very ugly shade of grey. Then the blue one for the passionate play set came along and I was sold.

RedCheeks [sign in to see picture]

When I first started buying toys I was drawn to everthing jelly, shiny and glittery but I now base my purchases on shape/funtion and material safety.

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

RedCheeks wrote:

When I first started buying toys I was drawn to everthing jelly, shiny and glittery but I now base my purchases on shape/funtion and material safety.

I love the look of crystal jellies, but wouldn't touch them with a barge pole since they're porus.

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

I know it's nice for toys to look good, but when you're using it you're not looking at it lol.

So if it gives you amazing orgasms what does it matter!!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.