• TMJ (temporomandibular joint) issues. Has anyone had success with ball and ring gags?

    1430718487
    jersey96 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 4
    • Joined: 9 Jul 2014

    I have a problem with my TMJoint (basically with my jaw). It's difficult to solve and i may not be able to have doctors fix it :(

    Since it progressed I am unable to give blowjobs anymore :'( This is due to partners size as well as issue that I can no longer open my mouth enough to accommodate him in there.

    I have always wanted to try ball gags and also ring gags. I am not confident that I will be able to use them though, unless I had a very small one and still didn't find things sore afterwards.

    I'm looking for anyone who has had issues with their TMJ to let me know whether they've been able to find gags that work well for them :) i've been looking at "beginners" ball gags and training ones because i'm thinking they might be the ones that I can manage, but I am afraid that when commenters say "may be too small" that they could still be too big for me as I can only open my mouth maybe two thirds of what I could before I got this problem, and I have a small mouth anyway.

    Does anyone with TMJ issues or partner with said issues have any suggestions or advice? I have used cloth gags before and I know I can use them but if possible i'd like to try ball and ring gags as well.

    Thanks everyone :)

    1430727635
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    I havent officially been diagnosed with it but i have most of the symptoms. Mine tends to flare up so it isnt bad all the time but i still cant use ball or ring gags.

    I think there may be a limit on how small they can make the balls to reduce the chance of someone choking on one if the strap were to snap.

    Have you tried the gags that are bar shaped? I believe there was one here that was bone shaped. Ive not really looked into them but they appear narrower but still something solid between your teeth. That could be an alternative to cloth?

    1430728998
    jersey96 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 4
    • Joined: 9 Jul 2014

    JM88 wrote:

    I havent officially been diagnosed with it but i have most of the symptoms. Mine tends to flare up so it isnt bad all the time but i still cant use ball or ring gags.

    I think there may be a limit on how small they can make the balls to reduce the chance of someone choking on one if the strap were to snap.

    Have you tried the gags that are bar shaped? I believe there was one here that was bone shaped. Ive not really looked into them but they appear narrower but still something solid between your teeth. That could be an alternative to cloth?

    Thanks so much :) That's a good point about having to make them bigger to avoid choking, I never thought of it.

    I'll have a look for bar shapes and see what I find, thank you! Really helpful :)

    1430729765
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    There arent many on here that style and its hard to tell how big they are. You could try one and return it if its too large?

    Maybe its something for the pandering thread, a "bit gag" (you learn something every day!) thats for beginners so doesn't open your mouth very wide!

    I dont see why they wouldnt sell one, as with those style gags they arent to force your mouth open so having a narrow one shouldnt be any less enjoyable than a wide open mouthed one.

    1430730272
    jersey96 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 4
    • Joined: 9 Jul 2014

    JM88 wrote:

    There arent many on here that style and its hard to tell how big they are. You could try one and return it if its too large?

    Maybe its something for the pandering thread, a "bit gag" (you learn something every day!) thats for beginners so doesn't open your mouth very wide!

    I dont see why they wouldnt sell one, as with those style gags they arent to force your mouth open so having a narrow one shouldnt be any less enjoyable than a wide open mouthed one.

    Good idea, thank you :)

    1430737879
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2250
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    Do you have a tape measure? Since most of the gags give the circumference of the ball (or ring), you could use the tape measure to see if you can comfortably open your mouth that far.

    Your jaw will likely be sore aftwerwards though, as even people with no jaw problems find wearing a ball gag can leave your jaw and neck stiff and sore. It's just the nature of having your jaw held in an unnatural position for any length of time. I would suggest wearing it for very short times to start with, that way hopefully you can tell if it's your jaw condition causing the pain or just standard gag ache (which should hopefully not happen with short use).

    1430787568
    jersey96 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 4
    • Joined: 9 Jul 2014

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    Do you have a tape measure? Since most of the gags give the circumference of the ball (or ring), you could use the tape measure to see if you can comfortably open your mouth that far.

    Your jaw will likely be sore aftwerwards though, as even people with no jaw problems find wearing a ball gag can leave your jaw and neck stiff and sore. It's just the nature of having your jaw held in an unnatural position for any length of time. I would suggest wearing it for very short times to start with, that way hopefully you can tell if it's your jaw condition causing the pain or just standard gag ache (which should hopefully not happen with short use).

    Thanks, excellent ideas

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.