• Question for the ladies

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Oh hon I am glad you can at least went and get some of this off your chest...

What's gonna be key here is sticking to this and following up and not getting yourself too worked up and down the serious road too fast.

It's OK to be emotional, it ok to feel frustrated like that... as women we put so much pressure on ourselves about weight. I have learned to stop looking at the scale at doctors office lol I seriously close my eyes. Focus on good food choices and staying active vs a number on the scale.

I haven't had an ED but from what I have picked up it is about control. So from reading your post please please please make sure you reach out locally if you are feeling the need to purge. I am sure between health stuff and some other trama and living frustrations your stress level is in over drive.

Please do the food journal get the thyroid checked and know you have some other women out here in LH land to encourage you as best we can.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I have a contraceptive implant in my left arm. It's about 3cm long and 1mm wide, it is put in by a nurse at my family planning clinic. The implant means that I don't get periods very often maybe 4 a year. They are light and pain free. I have tried pills but as I work shifts they didn't work for me, the injection I put on 3 stone in a year and it just did not agree with me. Personally in not up for a coil, so the implant works well for me.

the family planning/ contraceptive clinics are open late at least one day a week, and the implant lasts 3 years. It can be remover at any time.

It sounds like you are suffering far too much and you could do with a break. When you see your Dr don't be fobbed off some pain is natural but you are getting far more than a little pain. Taking a lot of pain killers is also not good for you as your Dr should know. One final thought are you up to date with your smear test? It might be worth getting it done.

I hope you find a solution and feel better soon.

lindtchilli [sign in to see picture]

*hugs* you poor dear girl. Hang on in there!

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

I have a contraceptive implant in my left arm. It's about 3cm long and 1mm wide, it is put in by a nurse at my family planning clinic. The implant means that I don't get periods very often maybe 4 a year. They are light and pain free. I have tried pills but as I work shifts they didn't work for me, the injection I put on 3 stone in a year and it just did not agree with me. Personally in not up for a coil, so the implant works well for me.

the family planning/ contraceptive clinics are open late at least one day a week, and the implant lasts 3 years. It can be remover at any time.

It sounds like you are suffering far too much and you could do with a break. When you see your Dr don't be fobbed off some pain is natural but you are getting far more than a little pain. Taking a lot of pain killers is also not good for you as your Dr should know. One final thought are you up to date with your smear test? It might be worth getting it done.

I'm not old enough for a smear test :/

Although tbh the way the country is now going to crumble i dont see the point in getting it done, if i do have something there wont be any medical care anyway unless your rich. The MP is going to ruin alot of lives

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

Although tbh the way the country is now going to crumble i dont see the point in getting it done, if i do have something there wont be any medical care anyway unless your rich. The MP is going to ruin alot of lives

You can have a smear test if you are under 25, just persevere! The gp surgery might not do it routinely but if you try gum clinics or that kind of thing you could get one.

How old are you? I jad mine done before i was 25 because they sent my letter a year early and due to a cancellation i was able to have mine at 24 without having any symptoms. If you are sexually active, have had other tests done and come back negative then theres no reason a gum clinic should turn you down.

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

You can have a smear test if you are under 25, just persevere! The gp surgery might not do it routinely but if you try gum clinics or that kind of thing you could get one.

How old are you? I jad mine done before i was 25 because they sent my letter a year early and due to a cancellation i was able to have mine at 24 without having any symptoms. If you are sexually active, have had other tests done and come back negative then theres no reason a gum clinic should turn you down.

im 23

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.