• Question for the ladies

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I know it's pretty much all been said but please don't put off going to your doctor. Most of the time things are never as bad as we think they are and this could all be sorted out for you but it's better to find out than to spend ages worrying about it.

Don't worry about what your vagina looks like, there's no such thing as a perfect one, we're all different and doctors have seen plenty!

Hope you get an appointment soon x

lindtchilli [sign in to see picture]

You've had lots of great advice, I'll just offer one more thing for consideration: I was on the Pill for about 7 months because I have always had heavy periods, and my cycle suddenly changed (for no reason we could figure out) from a pretty regular 28 days to 21 days. Considering my periods usually last 7 days I get bad PMS too, that left me one week in three feeling even vaguely normal!

However, due to other issues the Pill wasn't a long term option, and my cycle bounced straight back to 3 weekly the month after I stopped taking it, so my doctor had me try out tranexamic acid, which you basically take while you're bleeding so that you don't actually bleed more than is actually normal/natural! I have to say, it's helped a lot. It's taken me from flooding and feeling like I was going to die to not being all that much heavier than the withdrawal bleeds on the Pill. Worth looking into if other solutions don't work for you.

Definitely worth talking to your doctor though, and BE PERSISTENT. I'm 36 now and it's only in the last year or so that I even realised that being incapacitated is not 'normal' and that your period isn't supposed to leave you out of action really for even a few days, never mind your whole period. Look after yourself, otherwise you'll be no use to anyone else, your horse included. I hope you can get things sorted and that it's a relatively easy fix. *hugs*

lindtchilli [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

I'm serious LH needs to sell cuddles! I would LOVE sending them. purchase a cuddle for someone and the mail man brings a huge box and as you open it some fit guy (or woman what ever rocks your boat) pops out in a little white thong and angel wings and gives you cuddles :) mmmm that would nice :)

xx

Mmmm and if they had a complimentary bag of cheese and a warm fluffy puppy for you it would be even better!

....No? Just me?

that sounds awesome, can I order one of these please?

FlexyBexyXXX [sign in to see picture]

I'm sending a big hug too :) So sorry to hear about your miscarriage :(

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Knowledge is power hon. Taking control of your physical health will also help with your anxiety level around this. The health of your womb and cervix are important to a healthy sex life.

I know I live in the states and our healthcare system is different here, but if you have a family history of cervical cancer demand a test. It is important to establish a baseline and get the peace of mind that you have been screened. I dont know where the magic age of 25 is coming from, but here is is 18 or at the age you start being sexually active.

Second, yes they can examine you while you are on your period / spotting. Believe me they have seen and heard it all before. Don't worry about a mess it is a doctor's office.

Third, whatever your vulva look like believe me the doctor is not JUDGING you. Also there is not a "perfect" vag out there, our bodies are all unqiue and change over time. And a professional health care provider has seen anything and everything.

If you feel nervous about seeing a doctor I advise making a quick list / jotting down the notes of the symptoms you are having and your concerns and goals for your health so you leave the appointment satisfied you have addressed everything.

I also see a female gyno, may sound silly but I always feels more comfortable discussing anything with her because she shares the same body type and I feel she understands me more. That may be something you consider if you feel anxious about an exam of this type. There are plenty of excellent male doctos, but wanted to drop that hint as well.

If exams are uncomfortable for you physically and / or emotionally mention this when you book your appointment. They may be able to prescribe something to help.

mrs.hiskett [sign in to see picture]

Hey hun hope your feeling better today

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

Youngsub22 wrote:

So sorry to hear about what you're going through! And losing a little one is a pain I can't even imagine! But that coupled with everything else you've described makes me want to urge you to get to your GP. In the meantime, my only addition to the wonderful advice you've already been given is to maybe look in to a TENS machine! My mother had one for her arthritis and, out of curiosity and having run out of options for controlling my own menstrual pain, I gave it a go and it was wonderful! I only use it when the pain is unbearable but i

Ooohhhh do they sell them on love honey? CAZZ you're needed!!! hahaha

Yep! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26514 

Lovehoney - Cazz [sign in to see picture]

Hopefully this will show you how different we all are MBE!

http://www.greatwallofvagina.co.uk/great-wall-vagina-panels

Take a look at the pictures here. 400 Vagina moulds and none of them look 'perfect' or identical to another.

x

WillC [sign in to see picture]

Endemetriosis? I`d get to the doctors if i was you.

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

I'm serious LH needs to sell cuddles! I would LOVE sending them. purchase a cuddle for someone and the mail man brings a huge box and as you open it some fit guy (or woman what ever rocks your boat) pops out in a little white thong and angel wings and gives you cuddles :) mmmm that would nice :)

xx

Mmmm and if they had a complimentary bag of cheese and a warm fluffy puppy for you it would be even better!

....No? Just me?

I flipping love cheese :)

Thank you for all the advice everyone :) I'll check this out :)

innocent-fun [sign in to see picture]

I also suffered from unbearable period pains since they started, I would faint & vomit so bad just because of the pain, I'd spend 2/3 days in bed with a brill pain relief (feminex) and hot water bottles. My GP prescribed the pill, which didn't work, nothing did. They did bloods on me, thinking it was iron-nope. Unfortunately I don't have a diagnosisable condition, I just get really horrendous period pain, and can't do anything about it except rest.
    Hope you get some answers hun.

innocent-fun wrote:

I also suffered from unbearable period pains since they started, I would faint & vomit so bad just because of the pain, I'd spend 2/3 days in bed with a brill pain relief (feminex) and hot water bottles. My GP prescribed the pill, which didn't work, nothing did. They did bloods on me, thinking it was iron-nope. Unfortunately I don't have a diagnosisable condition, I just get really horrendous period pain, and can't do anything about it except rest.
    Hope you get some answers hun.

oh god that must be awful! So the docs dont have a clue at all? I hate things like this because if you can't tell someone exactly what you have wrong they think your faking. And it sucks!

I hope your getting somewhere. I have some coedine and mefenamic acid which (For today) anyway has helped a great deal. I'm pretty sleepy but in terms of pain im not too bad. I had my best friend over tonight for abit and she gave me hugs and i don't know it was nice to just have someone around. Plus this girl is obsessed with a message and i love giving them so i gave her a massage with my LH items and she got right on LH signed up and ordered some of her own then phoned her boyfriend and told him she expects a massage asap! THAT gave me something to think about and it was relaxing for me. I would love to work as a masseuse at some point in my life, i have basic training and it's fun for me. I just dont like being touched. Giving is what i like :)

I also found a lavender bath with a hint of green tea? is that really wierd? I mean drinking it is normal but bathing in it? But anyway that did help :)

Im gonna tr and get that heated heart someone suggested and more LH candles because they do smell lush.

naughty mum [sign in to see picture]

I so hope you take everyones advice and see your gp.
    BTW..if there is ANY history of ANY cancer...you must make sure you bring up to be added to your notes, and remind them on occasion when a situation that might be relevant crops up.
    Docs are human, and they don't have time to read a patients full medical history.
    But..with no doubt breast/ cervical or womb cancer in one or worse still many direct family members is a legitimate reason to ensure you are checked out on any or all relevant testing.don't take no for an answer.
    Screening is just that..working to the commonest age range for a problem to present....in ppl with NO history.
    Those with a family history get put to the top of the queue.as they are automatically of a much higher risk
    My dad had kidney cancer...and I had blood and pain in my urine last year...and I made sure my dads history was flagged right up there...as he also had kidney stones...
    I was checked out for both..to be told no big c..and they couldn't find any stones, but I could have past them all... And I was suffering from acute sepsis...hence a week in hospital.
    But the key is that symptoms for benign ailments could also be flags for more serious ones...and vice versa...
    So get your fanny down to the gp..and get an emergency appointment.. State doubled up in pain..and need to see urgently...you should get appointment the same day that way...GPS surgeries always keep a block for immediate patients.
    And don't be scared or put off ..without it being looked into..you can't manage it..and tbh..it sounds like it is ruling your life..not the other way around .
    Go!

naughty mum wrote:

So get your fanny down to the gp..and get an emergency appointment..

haha love it! I'm getting down there on monday. I was quite alot better today (still pain but what i deal with all the time and i live with it) but the first day i come on the pain is unbearable.

I know that the doctors lept straight into action when i found a lump in my breast last year and i was examined right there and then (again i think like you said naughty mum it flagged up on their computer) but if they send me for anything else i'll drag my best with me. Shes the only person in my 'real life' that i can be open with. :)

Thanks everyone i will of course update you all so keep checking back :)

naughty mum [sign in to see picture]

Good...tbh ..stress and overwork can make a lot of conditions worse, so also do yourself a favor and allow yourself to relax...a hot soak in a lavender oil bath is actually very good.I use the radox one... Take it from one woman who used to suffer panic attacks/ stress/ anxiety/ depress/ insomnia.. That the best person to take care of is yourself foremost.... Give yourself a personal relaxing reward each day..even if it is 1/2 hour listening to a mood tape of seas crashing on a shore with seagulls in the distance.
    Even when the medical profession state things are not caused by a physical problem..its all in the mind...that is still a valid answer. Eg..stress and depression can cause you to feel physically sick...and is well known to make IBS and other stomach issues appear or get worse...minimize them...and the secondary problem easses up.

I am sure the gp will find something to help..

innocent-fun [sign in to see picture]

You got another friend signed up? Haha. LH should introduce a reward system for that!

Glad you hot some relief, you gotta do whatever works for you. I thought at first you meant a lavender bath and drinking green tea. I've never heard of bathing in it before but good it helped.

Nope, doctors have no answers for me, my mum and maternal grandmother mother also suffered so I basically got told it's just how we are. I have non-identical twins (which is hereditary) so I do wonder if that's the cause, you know 2 eggs so twice as much, noone has ever entertained that suggestion so I don't think it's been medically researched. The contraceptive injection helped, because it stopped my periods, but the other side effects meant it wasn't really a long term solution :(

mrs.hiskett [sign in to see picture]

Hey hun hope u find the right solution.also check our ur local big supermarket for wheatbag you chuck in microwave .theres ones ones u can get that long and you can lay them length of you stomach i find this helps

Lol SS the bit about having 10 people down there to get your daughter out! Sounds like my friend! one of her babies popped out into her husbands hands on the way to the hospital 3 hours after her first contractions and he other was a three day labour with the baby getting stuck!!

This all yet again more great advice so thank you! I find exersise sometimes helps. It helps here knowing i'm not alone either and that people have the same stuff going on as me. It helps in terms of going to the doctor. It helps alot.

And i love drinking green tea but it actually can be so soothing :) And lotus flower! :)

I indeed got another friend signed up, good for LH not so good for their bank balance (or mine when i wanna try the stuff they are buying)

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

I feel your pain I always stuggled from the moment they started with heavy bleeding, pain, cramps, sometimes almost flu like symptoms honestly I have the best doctor that put me on some tablets to help, then I started contraception, also she did a full mot I.e blood tests, scans, and smear.

Now I saw you wrote that you work 2 jobs and have a horse so cant make the time, tbh just make the timw!! Its completely worth it! I wanna add I too am in same situation 2 jobs and horses so I know it's hard but if you can't be on top form you can't provide for them.

I find towards my time of the month best thing i can do is ride and soak in a bath.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.