• Just had the best surprise ever!!

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

It sounds like you've been through so much - it makes it even more impressive how much of a positive attitude you have. I can't really say anything useful as I can't properly empathise having never been through any of the medical issues that you have, but I've always thought you seem like a really kind, caring and genuine person, and I really wish you the best with your recovery. x

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Thank you Skitty, that's really nice of you to say! You're very sweet xxx

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

I know how you feel, my wife has a shunt last year(the third one) and had a seizure a few days later, so had to give up her licence, tried re applying after six months free, they said it needs to be 12 months, that'll be up in June so hopefully will get it bck then, she's got IIH however any type of invasive brain surgery is a six month off driving, which most people don't know, my wife was happily driving after the first surgery until someone said she should not be, even the consultant was not sure best, advice it to ring the DVLA otherwise it could cause all sorts of problems, insurance needs to be informed too just in case, but that can also cause issues, some won't insure you if you've lost your licence, but still have the car and say like me drives "her car" too but Tesco was fine with it, don't forget travel insurance too.

No way - I also have IIH! It's so rare the only people I know with it are from an online support group, I've never actually met anyone with IIH. I'm sorry to hear what your wife has been through, that must be horrible :( It's frustrating that any seizure or set back extends the driving ban even more, but I can see why. I hope she's doing alright with her shunt now?

Thank you so much for the kind words Purring and Lollipop, it means a lot :)

MissxS you're absolutely right, the emotional side is harder to deal with, especially as my illness is a rare one (as I imagine yours is too?), so not many of my friends or family understand it and don't offer much support. I hope you're doing okay at the moment, fingers crossed that radiotherapy did the trick! I wish you all the best and I hope you never have to go through anything like this again xxx

She's had two drains in her lower spine, that did not work more than a month each, then the vp one, but has 3 valve revisions, the last by a new consultant seems to have done the trick(mostly, still has the odd bad head day) fingers crossed. Has your memory been affected(in general, not by the surgery)? my wife say she cannot remember simple things that normally people would? not really mentioned in the general info on the condition. there's a facebook IIh page if that helps.

Wow she certainly has been through a lot!

My surgeon didn't bother with the lumbar drain because he wanted to get it under control quickly due to my vision loss, however I was at the point where I was having lumbar punctures every couple of weeks. The shunt has helped my eyes, but still have crippling headaches every day and other symptoms. I do find that my memory is affected a lot, another reason I had to leave university. I find it hard to read and understand things, and it's difficult to concentrate. I also have problems with my speech these days, like forgetting words, or slurring/stuttering.

I am on the FB support group, won't reveal my true identity though as I like to keep that separate ;) if you or your wife are on there, chances are I've spoken to you before!

Best Surprise Ever - 2.0!!!!

Just recieved the double ended glass dildo as a gift, which I had missed out on AGAIN in the sales! I can't believe how lucky I am! Thank you so so much you wonderful person this means an awful lot to me and I'm incredibly grateful!

Can't believe it!

Excited to try this out later, it's my first ever glass toy so I'm a bit nervous about the rigidity, but can't wait to experiment with temperature play.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Lollipop ;) wrote:

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for the things that have happened to you both Boogaloo and MissxS.

They sound awful. Life can be truly cruel sometimes, but sadly bad things always happen to the kindest most caring people.

I truly wish you both the best for the future, you both sound like lovely people who don't deserve what has happen to you. Take care! ♡ X

+1 to this too. While I haven't had brain surgery, I have had major surgery a few months ago and it takes such a long time for not just the physical but also the emotional side to heal. The biggest lesson I have learned is that I have to slow down and not push myself too hard. I tend to set my expectations too high and then I feel under so much pressure.

You are both such lovely people and I wish you both lots of positivity and hope that you both continue to recover well *big hugs* xxx

P.S. I am so pleased you got such a lovely gift Boogaloo - hope you enjoy it Hun :) xx

GlamRockChick [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

Best Surprise Ever - 2.0!!!!

Just recieved the double ended glass dildo as a gift, which I had missed out on AGAIN in the sales! I can't believe how lucky I am! Thank you so so much you wonderful person this means an awful lot to me and I'm incredibly grateful!

Can't believe it!

Excited to try this out later, it's my first ever glass toy so I'm a bit nervous about the rigidity, but can't wait to experiment with temperature play.

So sorry you didn't get both at once..I did two gift orders exactly the same and messed yours up! Glad it's arrived and hope you have lots of fun with it xx

GlamRockChick wrote:

So sorry you didn't get both at once..I did two gift orders exactly the same and messed yours up! Glad it's arrived and hope you have lots of fun with it xx

Glam I think you must have read my mind, because I so narrowly missed out on both of those things and it just so happened you gifted them to me!

Thank you so so much you're incredibly kind and I'm very grateful to you xxx

GlamRockChick [sign in to see picture]

My daughter gets freaked out sometimes because she thinks I can read her mind! But it was a lucky guess. So glad they've made you smile ☺

Haha you must have a special talent then!

Aaah I'm grinning from ear to ear, I can't say 'thank you' enough times to convey how pleased I am!

And just for the record - that glass is amazing!

Never tried glass toys before because I was nervous about them being too rigid, but the gentle curve of this one makes it feel really comfortable and OMG when it's heated up its unreal!

I'm a glass convert now ;)

Best surprise ever - 3.0!! (Wow I'm a really lucky lady lately)

Someone sent me some cherry lickable massage oil and a cherry massage candle - just what I wanted! OH and I have used the vanilla one before and loved it, can't wait to try cherry as its one of my favourite smells/flavours.

Thank you so much!! Whoever you are you're very kind, I think I know who you are but let me know anyway :)

I love it! Can't believe how generous people are, it's amazing and I can't wait until I can repay the people who have treated me lately xxx

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

Well maybe it's just a sign that your a great person? People will only gift to people who they see as REAL :)

PS: FYI you already treated me (i swear you sent me one of the books?)

PPS:Regardless of that fact i do not want or need anything expect for a review of whatever i gifted ;)

x

MBE thank you so much, it's really so kind of you but I feel bad because of what's happened with your card lately! Are you sure you don't need the money back to help with the debts that you've got from that?

It's a lovely gesture and my partner really likes it as well, we love giving each other massages so your gift will be used and enjoyed in no time! ;)

Yeah I did send you one of those books but I still would love to be able to gift more. And when I have more money I'd like to send Glam a nice gift to thank her too! ;)

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

I am 100% sure :)

You dont need to gift me anymore, im the kind of person who could be sent a single battery and would be grateful because of the thought. Like i have said before thats the way i was brought up to give and not expect anything in return...and to be honest which i always do even if it means 'the truth hurts but a lies worse' kinda thing.

Oh she is wonderful! She is on my gifting list too! imagine we both send her something within the same week! haha :)

Hi GlamRockChick,

Just wanted to let you (and anyone else interested) know that I've reviewed both of the gifts you sent to me. They were both amazing and have become firm favourites in my bedroom, thank you so much again!

Tracey Cox G-spot Vibe review:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32086&reviewid=111328#customer_reviews

Double ended glass dildo review:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29221&reviewid=111292#customer_reviews

Best surprise ever! 4.0!

I want to say a massive, massive thank you to the amazing LH fairy who sent me the Earthly Trio lickable massage candles! It's such a kind gesture and has put a big smile on my face, I'd love to know who you are so I can thank you properly :)

They smell gorgeous, can't wait to use them with my partner! This has brightened my week, thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

xxxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.