• Gifts - would you want to know who got it for you?

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

innocent-fun wrote:

Boogaloo wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

Boogaloo, you pose another twist on the question, from the other point of view-would you tell someone you gifted them?

Would I?- to be honest, I'm not sure, I think it would depend on the circumstances. If I was sending a gift for a simple reason, ie a birthday or to say thanks for being a friend etc then yeah, I probably would tell them, if they asked. If it was a spur of the moment, random kind of gift then no, I wouldn't tell them, no matter how much they asked. Maybe the only time I would come clean would be if someone else falsely claimed to have sent it.

Why wouldn't you tell them, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just because you wouldn't want them to feel they had to return the favour?

That's my dilemma, I wouldn't want to put the other person in an awkward situation or make them think I want something back, because that's not why I send gifts. Likewise, I'm awful at keeping schtum I'd find it really hard if they were begging to know to not say anything! :p

Yep, exactly that.

I can be such a hypocrite, if it were me receiving, I'd love to know because that person would make me feel really appreciated and I'd love to return the favour at an appropriate time, as a little 'thanks, your gift made my day and I really appreciate the thought' type thing. But being the giver, I don't want to receive anything in return, just knowing the person received it and it brightened their day is enough to put a smile on my face.

I do understand your dilemma, and I think the majority of people on here feel the same way -they aren't sending a gift, expecting one in return but to bring some joy to that person, which I really think is lovely because how many people here actually know others personally. But I think again most people here would like to give in return as well.

Strange bunch of people we all are lol.

Ok this pretty much said what i was trying to say just a million times better lol!

innocent-fun [sign in to see picture]

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

Boogaloo wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

Boogaloo, you pose another twist on the question, from the other point of view-would you tell someone you gifted them?

Would I?- to be honest, I'm not sure, I think it would depend on the circumstances. If I was sending a gift for a simple reason, ie a birthday or to say thanks for being a friend etc then yeah, I probably would tell them, if they asked. If it was a spur of the moment, random kind of gift then no, I wouldn't tell them, no matter how much they asked. Maybe the only time I would come clean would be if someone else falsely claimed to have sent it.

Why wouldn't you tell them, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just because you wouldn't want them to feel they had to return the favour?

That's my dilemma, I wouldn't want to put the other person in an awkward situation or make them think I want something back, because that's not why I send gifts. Likewise, I'm awful at keeping schtum I'd find it really hard if they were begging to know to not say anything! :p

Yep, exactly that.

I can be such a hypocrite, if it were me receiving, I'd love to know because that person would make me feel really appreciated and I'd love to return the favour at an appropriate time, as a little 'thanks, your gift made my day and I really appreciate the thought' type thing. But being the giver, I don't want to receive anything in return, just knowing the person received it and it brightened their day is enough to put a smile on my face.

I do understand your dilemma, and I think the majority of people on here feel the same way -they aren't sending a gift, expecting one in return but to bring some joy to that person, which I really think is lovely because how many people here actually know others personally. But I think again most people here would like to give in return as well.

Strange bunch of people we all are lol.

Ok this pretty much said what i was trying to say just a million times better lol!

Haha, I think what you said before was fine and understandable. I find I tend to say too much. I've had to stop myself sometimes when typing a post In realise I've typed way too much and have to delete it and rewrite it making it half the length.
    Fent10 [sign in to see picture]

Any gift will do, as long as it thoughtful

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.