• Gifts - would you want to know who got it for you?

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

I received one when I was at a particularly bad place and it helped cheer me up.

I gifted someone something when they were going through some hard times too.

crazy4U [sign in to see picture]

If I buy for a gift for someone it will be in secret.

if someone buys for me I would prefer it to be a secret.

lustyjoy [sign in to see picture]

Secret. .. we all need secrets but id still post a thankyou to mystery buyer xx

Sarahgee [sign in to see picture]

I still don't know who sent me my gift, which is fine. I respect their decision to stay anonymous:). The only downside being I have no Idea if they seen my thankyou post! So if you are reading this thread... Thank you again :) lovely sex toy gift fairy! Very generous! And much appreciated Xx

LilHorror [sign in to see picture]

I would prefer not to know and I would not admit to sending them. I like knowing that the person is happy and guessing away! :)

mrs.hiskett [sign in to see picture]

I think it be nice as suprise and then when recieves own up who sent that way i could say thank you yet still get the suprise

X-PeepShow-X [sign in to see picture]

I don't really mind knowing who sent it or not but I would like it to be a surprise! ;)

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

menyanthe wrote:

I would like to be a surprise, but I would like to know who sent it. So that I could say thank you and treat them when they least expect it. :P

amen :)

LilHorror [sign in to see picture]

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

menyanthe wrote:

I would like to be a surprise, but I would like to know who sent it. So that I could say thank you and treat them when they least expect it. :P

+1

FlexyBexyXXX [sign in to see picture]

LilHorror wrote:

MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

menyanthe wrote:

+1

+ 1 :)

Imogen Arie [sign in to see picture]

Do you not get an email confirming someone has bought you a product from your wishlist? I assumed you did. Would be a bit impractical if you didnt?

Never know [sign in to see picture]

Imogen Arie wrote:

Do you not get an email confirming someone has bought you a product from your wishlist? I assumed you did. Would be a bit impractical if you didnt?

No, you don't get an email as the receiver 

JuicyJ89 [sign in to see picture]

I would love the opportunity to say thank you but its nice it being a secret I guess :)

JuicyJ89 [sign in to see picture]

not that I have ever had one lol

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

You guys are all so good - I'm waaay too nosy to get by without knowing who had gifted me (if I ever got one)! It would just play on my mind for ages and then I'd start trying to pick out who did it and probably end up giving the credit to the wrong person in my mind, so yeah I'd definitely like to know I think. I know none of us give to recieve, but if I had the spare money I'd like to return the favour as well.

My first gift order was dispatched today and I'm not planning on telling the person it was me, unless they came to the forums wanting to know. Some people have said I shouldn't or it makes the other person feel bad though, so I'm 50/50 on it. I guess I'd only tell them if they really really wanted to know, because I know it would be driving me nuts guessing!

innocent-fun [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo, you pose another twist on the question, from the other point of view-would you tell someone you gifted them?

Would I?- to be honest, I'm not sure, I think it would depend on the circumstances. If I was sending a gift for a simple reason, ie a birthday or to say thanks for being a friend etc then yeah, I probably would tell them, if they asked. If it was a spur of the moment, random kind of gift then no, I wouldn't tell them, no matter how much they asked. Maybe the only time I would come clean would be if someone else falsely claimed to have sent it.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

innocent-fun wrote:

Boogaloo, you pose another twist on the question, from the other point of view-would you tell someone you gifted them?

Would I?- to be honest, I'm not sure, I think it would depend on the circumstances. If I was sending a gift for a simple reason, ie a birthday or to say thanks for being a friend etc then yeah, I probably would tell them, if they asked. If it was a spur of the moment, random kind of gift then no, I wouldn't tell them, no matter how much they asked. Maybe the only time I would come clean would be if someone else falsely claimed to have sent it.

Why wouldn't you tell them, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just because you wouldn't want them to feel they had to return the favour?

That's my dilemma, I wouldn't want to put the other person in an awkward situation or make them think I want something back, because that's not why I send gifts. Likewise, I'm awful at keeping schtum I'd find it really hard if they were begging to know to not say anything! :p

innocent-fun [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

innocent-fun wrote:

Why wouldn't you tell them, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just because you wouldn't want them to feel they had to return the favour?

That's my dilemma, I wouldn't want to put the other person in an awkward situation or make them think I want something back, because that's not why I send gifts. Likewise, I'm awful at keeping schtum I'd find it really hard if they were begging to know to not say anything! :p

Yep, exactly that.

I can be such a hypocrite, if it were me receiving, I'd love to know because that person would make me feel really appreciated and I'd love to return the favour at an appropriate time, as a little 'thanks, your gift made my day and I really appreciate the thought' type thing. But being the giver, I don't want to receive anything in return, just knowing the person received it and it brightened their day is enough to put a smile on my face.

I do understand your dilemma, and I think the majority of people on here feel the same way -they aren't sending a gift, expecting one in return but to bring some joy to that person, which I really think is lovely because how many people here actually know others personally. But I think again most people here would like to give in return as well.

Strange bunch of people we all are lol.

mr sp [sign in to see picture]

Its always nice to say thankyou but a little bit of added mystery can brighten someones day as they were thinking about you in a slightly naughty way.

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

innocent-fun wrote:

I totally agree with this. If it was for a reason.. like a thank you or like you said birthday then yes i would openly admit to it because there would be no reason for gifting back....however if it was a spur of the moment random out there thing then no i would keep quiet because thats when people sometimes feel they have to return the favour.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.