• Take care with storing toys

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

Anji44 wrote:

"Does anyone have any ideas?"

I have unfortunately thrown all my boxes out and want to wait till the bags are on sale again as it would be too expensive to purchase multiple bags all at once at full price...Does anyone have any suggestions for in the meantime? I thought maybe plastic wrap or plastic Ziploc bags - as some toys come packaged in plastic.

Socks!

Anji44 [sign in to see picture]

Brilliant idea Nicole...thank you

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

Spoonerism wrote:

I've never had this happen but I only use toys that are made out of stable, bodysafe materials such as 100% silicone, glass and stainless steel. Silicone toys (that are ACTUALLY silicone, not a silicone 'blend' or some other bs that toy companies come up with) can be stored safely together with no reactions - mine have lasted years!

So I personally recommend upgrading to silicone - they're safer and with proper care could last a life time :)

I thought that silicone toys should not be stored together, just like using silicone lube with silicone toys, the silicone can melt together/break down?

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

LibraLover wrote:

Spoonerism wrote:

I've never had this happen but I only use toys that are made out of stable, bodysafe materials such as 100% silicone, glass and stainless steel. Silicone toys (that are ACTUALLY silicone, not a silicone 'blend' or some other bs that toy companies come up with) can be stored safely together with no reactions - mine have lasted years!

So I personally recommend upgrading to silicone - they're safer and with proper care could last a life time :)

I thought that silicone toys should not be stored together, just like using silicone lube with silicone toys, the silicone can melt together/break down?

Only if it is a silicone mix, pure silicone wouldn't be effected

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]
    Kimberleyking [sign in to see picture]

Could it be they where "jelly" these Rous are full of dangerous chemicals that leak out when stored in hot places also if they're silicone storing different types of silicone together may damage toys I recommend using individual to storage bags to stop your toys in to keep them from comming into contact with each other.

Will B [sign in to see picture]

Hello All and a big thank you to JM88

And also a big big thank you to Lovehoney

after getting a email to them they said they would replace the strap on set and because it had melted onto another toy that they would also replace that too . i asked if i had to send the toys back but this was not needed , they said that this is not something they wished to do again and i should take better care of my toy and now that i know this can happen i have changed the way i store my toys .

Once again Lovehoney have come out with a customer service from 200 % .

i have never known a firm like this and alot of the bigger firms out there could and should take at look at the customer service from Lovehoney

many many many thanks

bumblebee1989 [sign in to see picture]

So glad I read this I never would have thought. Mine are all in one box but in separate compartments so hopefully they should be fine like this. I shall be having a reorganise of the box tonight just to make sure though!

CVR92 [sign in to see picture]

Thts annoying!! On a positive note your post may prevent others from having this problem... I always store mine in the LH drawstring bags for this reason and for hygeine to keep dust etc off them, although i do clean then before and after use, keeps them all neat and tidy! :)

SensualFire [sign in to see picture]

Ohh I soo need to check to see how the huge jelly dildo I got ages ago is doing. (never used it too BIG) heavens knows what drove me to get it lol

CutieCurious [sign in to see picture]

I also learned this lesson the hard way, Will. I lost a lovely little pink butt plug because I had stored it improperly. :(

I now store all of my toys, even those that are considered safe to be stored together, in their own individual bags. I bought some satin bags from Lovehoney, which are great. I also like to sew and I had some spare material, so I made a few bags of my own too. Socks is an ingenius idea - I will definitely keep that one in mind if I buy new toys and find myself short of bags!

An_English_Rose [sign in to see picture]

Wow! Really interesting thread. I only own one 'jelly' item also a huge dildo! And that's fine. I also try to save bags and put the damagable./fragile stuff in there.

Good to know though!

aanda [sign in to see picture]

we have just found our magic wand has suffered from this, the head is starting to melt abit, but its nearly 10 years old so time for a new one

bunual [sign in to see picture]

I've had the toy melting problem. I now store all my toys in individual zip-lock bags (food safe ones) and keep different materials in different boxes. It won't happen to glass and metal toys but the rubber and PVC ones seem very susceptable.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.