• Kegal TensCare

SensualFire [sign in to see picture]

Great guidance there Lady Ness

So you recommend the tens one that LH is selling, its on offer at present, comes with LUBE :D As for being sensible, thats me to a T I woul dnot be overworking my self and being silly

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

Rose hip can i ask what you do for the 6-7 hours they are in?

i was under the impression you need to do little clenches to get the benefit, so do you clench on and off for that long? Also are you standing the whole time?

i need to rethink my excersises! I do about half an hour at a time!

If they're heavy and/or small enough, you'll get some benefits just from going about your day. Six to seven hours is my personal outside benchmark. If I can wear them longer than that, it's not going to do anything no matter how long I wear them for. That time will always include some activity, like errands or chores around the house, but I don't really worry about it. Whatever happens, happens. It's not like I'm trying to keep to a body building programme. When I think of it, I do series of clenches, either a few long ones, or several short ones, or a bit of both. Sometimes that will be several times an hour, but then I'll forget for awhile, then do some more. Other times I'll realise that I've gotten caught up in something and have completely forgotten about it and have been sat on my behind with a book all evening. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. :-)

But even just wearing them passively while standing or walking about should give you some benefit - as long as you have a set with sufficient weight or a small enough circumference. What that weight and circumference will be, along with the amount of time, is individual to each woman. That bit of fatigue in the muscles is the simplest way for a woman to gauge whether she's getting any passive benefit from hers or if it might help to try a different pair.

I find that I do more active work when it's spread out over a few hours than when it's concentrated in one shorter session, plus I get the passive benefits as well, so this is what suits me and my life. Someone who likes having a work-out schedule, or can't wear them for several hours for whatever reason, might be better suited to another approach. It's not like one of them's right and another's wrong, it's all about what's right for you.

If you're using yours regularly and you're not noticing any changes, increase something. Weight is a good one (or decreasing size), but that usually entails purchasing a new set so start with variations on using the ones you have, like wearing them for longer periods or trying different clench sequences. Most of us need to move more anyway, so take them shopping or put on some music that will get you dancing. (Unless they're the Basics beach balls. Those aren't going to do much for anyone.) If that's not enough, look into another set.

Note to anyone who has trouble clenching - try relatively heavier/smaller ones passively (something like the very popular Lelo Lunas, Minis and Noirs perhaps?) and keep trying to clench. As the muscle tone develops, the clenching should get easier. Also have a browse on the internet to learn more about isolating the specific muscles.

SensualFire wrote:

As for tens care, yet I would be using it regular. Having good pelvic floor muslces, well its of huge benefit and not just for better sex/orgasms. I used to do a lot of swimming, cycling, weight training etc when I was younger, its only recently that I am noticing my pelvic floor muscles need some work.

You sound like an ideal candidate for evaluating their effectiveness then. Let us know if you do get one and how it works for you. Good luck with finding the right one.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

The one on offer looks like a good bet. It's way simpler than many others, which personally I think is a pro as my more complex ones I generally only use one or two settings =)

Let us know how you get on if you do get it.

Yeh I am giving it some serious conteplation on purchasing it, within a few weeks. I feel it will work better than the ben wa balls. Though I do like the notion of wearing ben wa balls and jiggle balls outside and when doing chores.

Hmm *ponders*

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks rose hip! For me i can feel mine working as when i use my vibe i clench to make it really strong, and then release. Same during sex so my husband can feel it.

i only use mine for short times because i drink a lot (have recurrant water infections so have to drink more water than the average person) so i wee a lot! I find that i take them out to wee and then i keep them out. I dont like the thought of inserting them several times a day. I put them in after weeing and then usually do something like clean the bathroom, do all the hoovering, do some tidying up, just anything that requires me to stand and move! I clench on and off the whole time and then take them out and clean them when i next need the toilet.

Even before i had them i had heard about the excerises so used to clench while i was sitting down. Dont know if that does much with nothing in but it was recommended in some magazine!

Hmm

I am considering on getting the fifty shadoes of grey ones that you can change the weights of, I can use these when I am *out and about ad when on walks* while I could use the tens unit when in the house for a few minutes each day.

There are so many sites etc giving guidance on kegals, kegal exercises Pelvic floor exercises and ben wa balls..it can be a little confusing to say the least

lou2 [sign in to see picture]

I have got an electronic pelvic floor exerciser. It's not from lovehoney as had mine for a while now and did look for one here as returns policy is brilliant but didn't sell at the time (or I couldn't find). It for me is the best thing I have bought was very worried about the price and if it would work as have several sets of kegal balls and didn't feel that these were working for me. It does take a little getting use to but works brilliantly and only takes 20 mins to complete I only use 3 of the program's on my but can feel the difference and so can oh. I didn't tell him I had bought one until he commented on the difference.

How long do you use it for Lou2 and is it every day or?... I have looked at several types of pelvc floor machines/tens units these past three days They dont half vary in price

JM88 wrote:

Thanks rose hip! For me i can feel mine working as when i use my vibe i clench to make it really strong, and then release. Same during sex so my husband can feel it.

That's all that matters then. No need to do anything differently unless you get bored or feel like you're ready for more of a challenge. Most of the women who ask these sorts of questions aren't sure if theirs are working at all.

With me being rather new to the whole kegal balls tens care scene, I am wanting to make sure I am going down the *sensible* path, rather jump in the deep end and do/purchase something that either does not work or I will end up regretting.

To that back of this, just because some Kegal/Pevic floor items.tens care are quite expensive it does not mean they are better.

lou2 [sign in to see picture]

First 3 weeks used nearly every day. Did have day's when time was an issue but I can use mine whilst standing just put the unit in pocket of dressing gown the probe thing stays put if you use your muscles I can even make bed clean bathroom ext. The programs do have different times I use a 20 min program and use twice a week now. Prices do vary a lot but I and my oh think it has been worth every penny.

My friend actual got one after having her 3 child as she suffered from mild incontinent and it worked for her as well she was recommend one of the units by a doctor.

Ahh thanks lou, this is very helpful :)

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

For anyone who's interested I'm loving the FSOG Inner Goddess balls and my review has gone live http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26073&reviewid=107246#customer_reviews

I have `still` yet to get a tens care or new set of kegal balls...hmm Birthday is in April I may put in a large hint to the other half lol

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.