• Power issue

AmyMay [sign in to see picture]

Does anyone here have the silencer vibe?

Either mine is broken or really eats batteries, we've only used it once and it's really quite pathetic compared to what it was like in terms or power!

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

If it was fine to start with it has probably just munched the battery. Some batteries aren't really up for the demands of a sex toy!

Sarahgee [sign in to see picture]

Did you leave the batteries in drom last time you used it? Some toys drain the batteries even when switched off. Best to remove them and pop them back in when you are going to use it x

They were duracell and they weren't cheap...

I didn't leave them in :/

Sarahgee [sign in to see picture]

Sorry? That's a i've got to offer! Lol . Other than that just either return it or contact lovehoney to find out if there are certain batteries recommended. You are maybe better to use rechargeables :)

I didn't mean to offend you...
    I will look into rechargeables!

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Im sure i read that rechargables arent up to scratch for sex toys? I would contact live help and see if its a reported fault with that product. If it is then maybe consider a different toy (send that one back for a refund). If not then maybe yours is faulty so in that case try sending it back for a replacement.

You do mean this silencer, yes?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16603

A fair few of the reviews do mention battery issues, the power seems to dip when the battery is only about half done. It seems to be a pretty common issue (unless by chance lots of people got faulty ones, highly doubtful though).

I don't have that toy in particular, but I do have toys that need a new set of batteries with every use...and they don't exactly run for hours at a time! Just 'one of those things'. But considering that bad boy eats pretty expensive and awkward to buy c batteries it could be worth trading it in for one that runs double or tripple A. Or, indeed, go for rechargeable toys rather than batteries!

This one, for example, is a similar price and shape but takes AAAs:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28041

SensualFire [sign in to see picture]

If you got it from LH and it seems not to be working properly then take it back. LH are great in accepting returns and giving you a replacement

SR36 [sign in to see picture]

Or maybe spare yourself the hassle and go for a wand. I just got this one and love it (the white one is cheaper but I'm a sucker for black toys, they just look cooler to me somehow).

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31087

I tried to go back to a battery-powered one the other day (just to mix things up) and it just doesn't compare! The power of these things is truly amazing, and in a few months of use you'll make up for the price in the amount of batteries you haven't bought!

Up-the-Creek [sign in to see picture]

If you are using AA or AAA size batteries, look for 'low self discharge' ones. They don't die within a few days of being charged like regular ones. They also deliver high amps until they are almost ready for a recharge, but its best to recharge after use to make sure they don't give out half way through the following session.

The best ones (imo) are branded 'Eneloop' and used to be made by Sanyo (but recently bought out by Panasonic). Duracel also have their own lsd type batteries and there a few other brands doing them too.

Also, get a good battery 'intelegent' type charger that charges at the correct amperage and shuts off or reverts to a very low trickle charge when the batteries are fully charged.

And In case anyone is wondering, batteries are mainly used in cameras, torches and suchlike in our house. We only have one or two battery powered 'toys' because Mrs. Up-the-Creek rates her Eroscillator and LH Wand vibes' as working much better ;)

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

As far as I know rechargeable batteries aren't recommended with sex toys full stop.... Totally open to correction on that but I'm sure they aren't

LadyS [sign in to see picture]

Here is a link for batteries in sex toys

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/buyers-guide/lovehoney-guide-to-batteries/

There is a bit on rechargables x

Agree that regular rechargeable batteries don't have enough omph for sex toys, nor much else. That's why I suggest Eneloop NiMh batteries. They have very slightly lower voltage than an alkaline battery, but are able to deliver high amperage far longer than a regular battery. They also hold their charge for ages (70+ ercent after a year in storage)... In high power demand appliances, like camera flash-guns and vibe's for example, Eneloop's outperform premium alkaline batteries every time... Their stored capacity, measured in mili-amps is slightly lower than a premium alkaline battery, but they don't fade in-use and consequently a vibe' will still be whirring at max power when alkaline's will have slowed down significantly...

they are also standard size - never found any problem with 'fit' in any device!

Up-the-Creek wrote:

Agree that regular rechargeable batteries don't have enough omph for sex toys, nor much else. That's why I suggest Eneloop NiMh batteries. They have very slightly lower voltage than an alkaline battery, but are able to deliver high amperage far longer than a regular battery. They also hold their charge for ages (70+ ercent after a year in storage)... In high power demand appliances, like camera flash-guns and vibe's for example, Eneloop's outperform premium alkaline batteries every time... Their stored capacity, measured in mili-amps is slightly lower than a premium alkaline battery, but they don't fade in-use and consequently a vibe' will still be whirring at max power when alkaline's will have slowed down significantly...

they are also standard size - never found any problem with 'fit' in any device!

I'm no expect, but isn't that exactly what they mean when they say that rechargeables won't run a vibe on full strength as they don't have as much power? They may hold charge better and thus run it longer, but they won't get the toy to full strength?

I'm sure LH staff would be able to clarify if any rechargeables are good for sex toys, they do enough research I'm sure this has come up for them too!

Lovehoney - Jennifer [sign in to see picture]

LadyS wrote:

+ 1

This also a very useful section on "How to get the most out of battery powered sex toys". If you think your vibrator is faulty then you can always send it back to us for a replacement or refund under our 365 day no-quibble returns policy!

Lovehoney - Jennifer [sign in to see picture]

LadyS wrote:

+ 1

We wouldn't reccomend rechargeable batteries as they are usually slightly bigger than regular batteries so they could get stuck or jammed in your favourite toy! Also rechargeable batteries tend to produce less power than regular batteries so the toy will produce weaker vibrations.

The above guide has a very useful section on "How to get the most out of battery powered sex toys". If you think your vibrator is faulty then you can always send it back to us for a replacement or refund under our 365 day no-quibble returns policy!

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

I have the silencer vibe, it's an ok sex toy but not one that I would grab immediately. Most of my toys are rechargable types.

But yes, that vibe does tend to eat batteries like a kid in a maccy d's

I've been using these rechargables for years in all sorts of devices and they outperform alkaline batteries every time... I've no affiliation to any manufacturer by the way!

There is also a big saving to be made after your third or fourth recharge, and they can be recharged hundreds of times...

i was also sceptical when I first tried them, after being very disappointed with regular rechargeable's.

Why not just give em' a try?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.