• Wands - acquired taste?

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

My boyfriend is a lovely attentive boy and actually listened to all my rambling about LH and how I really wanted to try a wand, and was super enough to buy me one for my birthday. I've already used it a few times and there are lots of things that I do like about it, but so far I'm finding it a little bit numbing. I expected wands to be pretty different from what I'd already experienced. so is it likely that I'm just not used to it yet? Are they a bit of an acquired taste that takes some practice before really enjoying? I'm finding that the orgasms are great from it, but it's difficult to actually get to that point because of how strong the vibrations are and how quickly I lose sensation because of that. I'm a naughty hedonist and find it very difficult to pace myself in these matters, and even if the vibrations are far too strong for me, I apply a stupid amount of pressure because I find I have to be really tense to enjoy myself. I imagine this might be part of the problem, so any tips or tricks to avoid this would also be well received :)

Any thoughts on wand experience would be great. I don't think I could bear to return it because it was such a thoughtful gift, but I'd love to think that I'm going to get a bit better at using it!

Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]

Which wand do you have?

I had the Lovehoney Deluxe for a while and yes I could get off from it, but it took a lot of concentration and just didn't really do it for me. Sometimes I would just end up numb and frustrated as you describe. I thought wands just weren't for me seeing as everyone on here seems to love them.

Then before Christmas I got a Doxy and I love it so much I sent my Deluxe back (and got a full refund because I'd had it less than a year and Lovehoney are wonderful like that). The Doxy's vibration have more depth to them, I actually find they stimulate me inside as well as out.

As you don't wand to return it you could try buying a couple of attachments for it if it's the right size for them?

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

I've got an aqua waterproof battery one I brought in a sale I think took me ages to buy one because they are dear and I love it nice deep rumbles I'm after a rechargeable one next.

I have this one : http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22097

It's good to know it's not just me with the numb and frustrated kind of feeling. I usually like strong vibrations so I'm not really sure why it's not doing it for me like I thought it would.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Doxy. If I do decide to return the one I have, I think I'm going to find it hard to decide whether to invest in a more expensive wand or just accept that maybe they're not the sort of thing I like.

Fortunately I think my partner would be fine with me returning it if I really decide I can't get along with it, it's just tricky to decide whether I'm just not used to it or doing something wrong, etc. At least I have the best part of a year to work it out - yay, LH :)

BF&GF [sign in to see picture]

Skitty wrote:

I have this one : http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22097

The mini wands aren't as powerful and sometimes aren't anything like a full sized wand.

We had a mini wand (which broke), so we bought a replacement one, the issue with the replacement one was on the lower setting it didn't do much and on the high settings the vibrator just tickled.

I would suggest returning it and buying a full size one, they're worth the money :)

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

I have the micro one, and the full sized one. The micro one really does nothing for me. The full sized one did take me a few tries to enjoy it. The first time I used it I was really underwhelmed, then used it again later that day and found it amazing. It was hit and miss over the next couple of days until I'd figured out how to use it and since then it's amazing every time! I find it's actually best if I keep my clothes on and put it between my trousers/tights and my knickers (or you could put between your knickers and yourself) as it gives pressure without me using too much pressure myself. I feel the vibrations from mine (lovehoney deluxe black) inside me as well. I only have one attachment, a g-spot one, which I don't find as good as the wand without it, but attachments won't fit yours anyways.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I have the same wand and find it too buzzy for me and prefer the deluxe. With the deluxe, it can make me orgasm quite quickly and with pressure applied, the vibrations can be rumbly and deep on a low seeting. The hughet setting makes me go numb.

The Gspot attachment and the lily pad attachment are really good on the deluxe wand.

EmmelinePeaches [sign in to see picture]

The wand you own (while pretty damn powerful) is very buzzy so it'd definitely more likely to numb you out than a larger wand might.

If you do transition to a larger wand their vibrations tend to be deeper and have less of a rapid buzz. This means that although they are very powerful they don't tend to numb you out as quickly.

Thanks for the thoughts all. I'm going to keep trying the mini wand in different ways to see if I get more used to it but if it's not improving I'm going to have a serious think about upgrading to a full size wand. Trying it over clothes has been kind of fun... especially through stockings - wow, ticklish! :P

But yes, maybe a bit too buzzy. Everyone's describing the exact thing I'm experiencing, so I bet that's the problem.

EmmelinePeaches [sign in to see picture]

You're welcome!

It's a great wand if you like buzzy vibes and was one of the first wand vibes that I truly adored however I couldn't use it now. Having transitioned to larger wands with deep rumbly vibrations (such as the Lelo Smart Wand Large) I really just don't have the patience for the poor lil thing anymore.

Still experiementation is definitely fun. I hope you enjoy finding ways to make this vibe work for you and wish you all the best for if/when you transition to a larger wand vibe.

Anonymous Lady [sign in to see picture]

Strange you find the mini wand numbing. I don't even find LH Deluxe numbing on higher speeds :) Try using it with clothes on, maybe it will "tone down" some of the vibrations and make them more enjoyable for you before you decide to return it :)

kinkytaffs [sign in to see picture]

Try getting your boyfriend to help you using the come hither motion on your g spot while your on your back with maybe a coupe of pillows under you for comfort. Use the wand on or around the clitoral area at the same time and the orgasms should flow. Also using the wand in this way as your other half penetrates you while kneeling in front of you will create plenty of orgasms. You just have to wiggle the wand around until you hit that magic spot and whammo. My wife has huge orgasms and squirts using this method. Oh ps she tells me using some lube on the wand head helps too.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.