• Is this lube suitable?

LukeO [sign in to see picture]

I bought the highly rated Sliquid Organics Natural Gel Lubricant the other day and upon looking at the writing and stuff on the bottle when it arrived it seems to strongly suggest this is for women. This was rather surprising since there was no mention of this in the products description page on the site.

So as a man is this lube suitable for solo play with and without toys?

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

I haven't ever bought that particular lube, but on the product page it says that it's suitable for both vaginal and anal play and is safe to use with sex toys so I can't see why it would be any different between using it as a male or as a female. I'm curious about what the bottle says to suggest it's just for women though... I'd guess it's just marketed more towards women maybe, but I can't think of any reason why it would be female exclusive.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

It is totally suitable. It's only targeted at women as it is women who would get more irritation from using lubes containing glycerin and parabens, so Sliquid pride themselves on not having anything like that in their products and aim them at women. It's pretty much their biggest selling point. Still unisex though :)

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

It is totally suitable. It's only targeted at women as it is women who would get more irritation from using lubes containing glycerin and parabens, so Sliquid pride themselves on not having anything like that in their products and aim them at women. It's pretty much their biggest selling point. Still unisex though :)

+1 its a brilliant lube ofr all purposes but particularly because it has no nasties, which is a bigger problem for women

Skitty wrote:

I haven't ever bought that particular lube, but on the product page it says that it's suitable for both vaginal and anal play and is safe to use with sex toys so I can't see why it would be any different between using it as a male or as a female. I'm curious about what the bottle says to suggest it's just for women though... I'd guess it's just marketed more towards women maybe, but I can't think of any reason why it would be female exclusive.

Ok thanks for the replies, I was just surprised by it.

The relevant text on the bottle is as follows...

Offering women a healthier choice,this glycerin & paraben free lubrocant has been blended with certified organic botanical extracts that heal and support the body.

Then below that it says...

The lotus is the symbol of female sexuality, passion & love. It is natural, growing and unfolding ... Just like you. Our icon rests in the center because at the heart of our company we believe knowledge of sexual health & well-being will help women live more passionate lives.

Maybe I'm just being an idiot but with that written on the bottle it seems to be marketed towards women.

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

I probably would have been a bit confused by that if I'd bought it and was a guy! Bit strange that they choose to market it as such an exclusively female product in that wording, although what others have said about the ingredients of the product being more relevant to women makes sense.

Anyway, if it's a good product then I guess it doesn't really matter who they're targetting it towards if it works for you.

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Yup, suitable, it's just marketing. As long as it isn't a heat up type, you'll be fine. I say this, as I am sure you don't want your manhood, to erm, well..............

Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]

This is my staple lube and it's fine to use for absolutely anything!

Sliquid is marketed towards women as it is formulated with ladies with very sensitive vaginas like myself (this is the only lube I've found that doesn't cause any sort of irritation, including others that are also glycerine/paraben free) in mind.

But yeah, go for it - I've used it during handjobs and anal with my partner and he has no complaints either!

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Yup, suitable, it's just marketing. As long as it isn't a heat up type, you'll be fine. I say this, as I am sure you don't want your manhood, to erm, well..............

Be pleasantly warm?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.