• Guilty to return stuff

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

I don't know about vouchers, but I have exchanged for more expensive items. I had to send Lovehoney the extra through PayPal manually, it was very easy though.

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Ok. How did you go about doing that? I contacted live chat hoping to make an arrangement so i could send the items back tomorrow so hopefully speeding everything up then i could pay the excess once they had been processed but thats when i was told i cant do that.

i dont want to risk sending them back the normal way and then have them contact me saying i cant do that and then have to pick cheaper items to swap for.

i thought vouchers only because i was told that i can only exchange for the same value so didnt know whether a voucher could be bought instead of another toy. Paying extra via paypal would work though.

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

I just filled in the return form, sent them off, and when LH were processing them they sent me an e-mail with the details for sending money via PayPal :) Sometimes Live chat say conflicting things, so maybe if you try again you'll have more luck?

LibraLover wrote:

I just filled in the return form, sent them off, and when LH were processing them they sent me an e-mail with the details for sending money via PayPal :) Sometimes Live chat say conflicting things, so maybe if you try again you'll have more luck?

Thanks i will try again. Not tonight incase i get the same person as that might be awlward lol

lindtchilli [sign in to see picture]

naughty stacey wrote:

Yep, the returns policy must make a huge amount of repeat custom. Also makes you braver in your purchases don't you think?

^^^ yes. Especially for those of us who are newbies and don't know what we do/don't like.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

lindtchilli wrote:

naughty stacey wrote:

Yep, the returns policy must make a huge amount of repeat custom. Also makes you braver in your purchases don't you think?

^^^ yes. Especially for those of us who are newbies and don't know what we do/don't like.

I agree. I would never be able to talk myself in to spending the amount of money I have on some LH items if they didn't have the returns policy, because if something expensive turned out to be a disappointment it would be a major waste, so I'd normally hold off just in case.

LH have certainly persuaded me to spend more money than I normally would due to their returns policy, so I guess that's how they're able to afford to keep up with it!

Definitely. There are things I've bought and kept and loved that I would never have dreamed of purchasing if I knew I would have to keep it no matter what. I just would never have been brave enough.

Also the fact I know LH won't screw me over if something is simply not working making me more confident to buy, too. The first Tango we-vibe I had had some kind of loose connection - it would randomly just stop and need a shake to start vibrating again. And yes, that is exactly as frustrating as you'd imagine ;););) I was unwell and life got on top of me, so it took me a long time to do something about it, but LH still honoured their replacement guarantee.

Their customer service really is incredible, and I feel sure that the customer loyalty that generates must pay off in the long term.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I have never even considered returning a toy I have used. I did recently purchase something off here that I had to leave my first not super positive review but I don't think it is fair to return it just because the surface didn't feel that great to me and I couldn't get the suction base to work at my house.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

lindtchilli wrote:

Also the fact I know LH won't screw me over if something is simply not working making me more confident to buy, too. The first Tango we-vibe I had had some kind of loose connection - it would randomly just stop and need a shake to start vibrating again. And yes, that is exactly as frustrating as you'd imagine ;););) I was unwell and life got on top of me, so it took me a long time to do something about it, but LH still honoured their replacement guarantee.

I know how frustrating that is! I have a toy which is controlled by a mobile app, and my first one just kept cutting out every few seconds so I had to keep shaking my phone to reconnect. I got so frustrated that I hated using it, but because it's quite expensive I felt bad asking for a replacement, especially as the problem could have been my phone. LH happily obliged though and it did turn out my first one was faulty because the new one is great :)

I'm glad I contacted them now, if it were another company I might not have because you know it's going to be a headache and take ages to get sorted! LH literally had the replacement delivered to my door within 48 hours, I didn't even have to send my old one back. They're fantastic

and yes that sounds like a similarly frustrating experience. Nothing like having to give something a shake to really put you in the mood... NOT lol. Bless LH and their customer service!

Char99 [sign in to see picture]

I'm thinking about returning a toy I dislike, but here's my problem - when you get to the post office and it's all wrapped up ready to go, when the cashier asks you 'what's in the package, for security reasons?' what do you answer???

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

Char99 wrote:

I'm thinking about returning a toy I dislike, but here's my problem - when you get to the post office and it's all wrapped up ready to go, when the cashier asks you 'what's in the package, for security reasons?' what do you answer???

Tell them it's non of their bloody buisness, that it contains no items on the prohibited list! - I complained to RM about this, and they said that "Under no circumstances should you be asked what is in the package, you should be given a list of the prohibited items and asked if it contains any of those"

If OFC you don't want to say that then just make something up - depending on the size of the box it could be some shoes being returned, electrical goods ect.

That's good to know FrozenAngel, only once have I been asked if it contains anything off the prohibited list, every other time I've been asked outright what is it. Normally innocent items, so not a bother, but I couldn't face to say 'oh it's just a black vibrator that didn't do much for me' in ear shot of other customers! I may consider returning now.

Ive not been asked when ive returned stuff but ive gone in at the end of the day and the bloke behind the counter has been keen to get it done with so he can go home.

in a previous post office we were always asked what kind of product it was, but then it changed to what is the value of the items. Think they were getting people fed up of being stuck behind someone trying to remember the exact items and holding everyone up!

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

You can always complain to RM - Like I said, I did with my local PO. They asked for the details of the PO so that the staff could be re-trained. I've not been asked since!

I did tell RM that this seems to be a nation wide problem as a lot of people seem to be having this same issue.

But no, the outcome of the complaint I had with RM is they're not supposed to ask what's in the box; and you telling them that it doesn't contain anything off the prohibited list is more than enough informtaion for them.

sw_chinese [sign in to see picture]

Just wanted to add - the policy is superb.

The best customer service and returns policy in any retail sector.

Silly question but i have 3 unopened flirty knickers i want to send back to exchange for three more in a different size.

if i put them in a puffy envelope with the LH returns sticker can i put them in a postbox or does it still have to go to the post office?

JM88, I would think you'd need to obtain a proof of postage cert, just in case they were to go missing.

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

Silly question but i have 3 unopened flirty knickers i want to send back to exchange for three more in a different size.

if i put them in a puffy envelope with the LH returns sticker can i put them in a postbox or does it still have to go to the post office?

I think if you use the returns label it might need to go to the post office because they tend to attach a barcode and scan it as it's a tracked service. I might be wrong though :)

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

I have a bit of an oddly specific question, but would love to know what people do if they order anything in the 3 for £x offers and don't like one of the products, but don't want to exchange it for anything else in the offer. Because the deal is so good, there wouldn't be much to refund if then paying full price for the other two things (I think that's how it works, right?)

I've been a bit frivolous with buying lots of 3 for £10 things in different orders, and have ended up with 2 or 3 things across different orders that I'm never going to end up using, but can't think of a way to return them for anything that I want because of not wanting to exchange for something else in the offer, and not really understanding what I'd get back if asking for a refund.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.