• violet wands

selria [sign in to see picture]

What brands are best for violet wands? I know there is kinklab, are there any other good ones?

What have been your experiences with them?

What do they feel like?

littlemisspocket [sign in to see picture]

I got mine on ebay, it was a vintage 1920s one from Germany but I'm afraid the make/model escapes me. It came with the wand and 3 glass attachments all tucked in a lovely wooden box with a hinge lid. There are plenty of proper vintage sets on ebay if you're ever looking but I can understand if you'd want to go with a more reputable source! :)

As far as my experiences go with them I've had some good and some bad. I generally preferred inflicting the sensations on my at-the-time-OH than having them on myself and the noises he would make used to drive me crazy ;) I'd say it feels like getting a static shock only you can ramp up the intensity and can have it as an intermittant or constant sensation if you were so inclined. Also you can get various attachments for different functions so you can just play around and see what works for you! :) personally we just liked the standard mushroop cap as it spreads the current over a wider surface and isn't quite so focused/direct.

Something we loved doing was using my body as a conductor! For instance I would grasp the standard mushroom cap attachment in my palm so that my body conducted the electricity and then I would kiss him all over his body, each kiss passing on little shocks! You could also trace a finger in patterns, spank, pretty much any physical contact from that point would result in little stimulating zaps :)
    It felt amazing and it can be a nice way to soften the intensity of the shocks if you're warming up for the night or just simply getting used to the sensations for the first time!

Mine had a little dial for choosing how strong you want the electrical current to be (I don't know if this is standard for all) but one thing I'd say is to be aware of what current you and or your partner can handle! I once helped out with a demonatration at a fetish club/event and the demonstrator had the current too high for me and ended up leaving my arm numb and twitching for a couple of hours...

But that's just me! You might like it or you might not but hopefully my ramblings have been of use :)

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

I haven't tried it out myself but there are 4 reviews on this product you could give them a read :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22510

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

The kinklab is a milder form than the traditional one. I like using them on people and it surprised many how nice and relaxing it can feel when used to brush their hair. However, I'm not into them being used on me as evertime I get a stinging nettle rash that lasts a few days afterwards. I haven't came across many who have experienced this though, just a very small handful.

But out of using both on others I find it hard to pick which type I prefer. The old fashioned ones are often louder and heavier, but I lover turning their nobs and flicking their bits more ^_^ the kinklab one is great for thoses who are beginners and who prefer lighter stimulation.

If you want to try a traditional one which has been done up, many dungeons and events have them on hand to give a zap about.

Although never zap someone without consent (happened to me at events which doesn't make me happy) but there are a few health conditions you have to be careful with when using thewm. eplispy, heart conditions, pregnancy, etc.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

Dr Clockwork is probably the most reputable, outside of forking out for a vintage one. Always choose solid state, as they're safer, cooler, and have a longer run time.

I'd definitely say go for a new one as the electrodes are replaceable, more easily sourced, and cheaper. So you can have more variety, and if accidents happen, its not quite as soul crushing.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

Oh, Lady Ness? Are you pale, and light haired/ginger?
    The 'rash' is actually really common and is basically localised sun burn from the electrodes.
    nothing harmful, and pure aloe vera gel works wonders on it :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.