• Decisions!! Doc Johnson or Love Honey?

Petrichor [sign in to see picture]

Oh, I totally agree with the THEORY of saving up for a really good quality toy but... Student finance is not designed to cover that. Maybe when I get a decent job after uni I'll use it as an excuse to treatmyself. I'm genuinely going to start a "When I'm Rich" wishlist though.

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

But by the time you buy loads of little toys, you could have saved it all up and bought a great toy!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Just to make it clear. I didn't see this post before I said about buying the ivibe.

While I'm very envious that you were lucky enough to receive that as a tester Chea&Easy, sadly it's a little out of my budget - these two I'm comparing are only an option because they're both on sale!

Or I wouldn't of posted it :)

At least I know what I should get in the future now ;) and you're right MrsMcX, the amount I've spent on little toys over the last few months would almost have added up to a Rosa by now, the problem is I shouldn't be spending so much on little toys in the first place. LH know EXACTLY what they're doing with DOD and all the other deals, and I have no self-control! Plus I also love getting excited waiting for the post to arrive. I think if I'd actually tried a toy that was really good quality it would change my standards, but at the moment I keep thinking most of my cheaper ones are really good.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

Petrichor wrote:

Oh, I totally agree with the THEORY of saving up for a really good quality toy but... Student finance is not designed to cover that. Maybe when I get a decent job after uni I'll use it as an excuse to treatmyself. I'm genuinely going to start a "When I'm Rich" wishlist though.

I totally understand the financing issue.
    I have a rule of one-order-per-month, so I save up a little so I can get the things I really want. This only waivers if there's an awesome DOD (cough Tantus Neo cough). Try it, it helps (and makes budgeting a LOT more fun).

Take advantage of the bundle deals and discount emails too. The bundles are great, because sure, you might be spending a bit more than your one-toy budget, but you're getting over three times your money's worth: example being, for £75, the Deluxe Magic Wand Gift Set, We-Vibe II, and a new Icicles product. Savings? £105.
    It's a justifiable overspend, and it's worth it for quality products.

I always take advantage of the dicount emails. Which is a problem, because I mean I ALWAYS seem to find something I want! So although I have never paid full price for anything (either sale, "2-for-£X" offers, "free if you spend over", 10% and 15% discounts or sometimes a combination if they're stackable!) but even good value products still add up. It does mean that I get more for the money than if I saved up - but it is still more average quality things rather than something awesome. I seem to be ok with that haha. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I've never liked anything in the 3-for-£75 of the 3-for-£50 bundles. What's the Tantus Neo? It didnt seem to come up in a search.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

Petrichor wrote:

I always take advantage of the dicount emails. Which is a problem, because I mean I ALWAYS seem to find something I want! So although I have never paid full price for anything (either sale, "2-for-£X" offers, "free if you spend over", 10% and 15% discounts or sometimes a combination if they're stackable!) but even good value products still add up. It does mean that I get more for the money than if I saved up - but it is still more average quality things rather than something awesome. I seem to be ok with that haha. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I've never liked anything in the 3-for-£75 of the 3-for-£50 bundles. What's the Tantus Neo? It didnt seem to come up in a search.

I hardly ever pay full price for anything either. Not out of any refusal, just a almost constant sal rotation by LH :')

The Tantus Neo is no longer stocked on here (which is sucky) but it's a really nice min-size butt plug. It's made beautifully, is the perfect shape, size...everything. I came a little just unpackaging it.
    But I'd been after it for ages and it was a bit too expensive; then the day after I ordered a bunch of things, it was DOD at half price, so I just had to! :')
    You can still get it direct from Tantus though, so if you're into it, I'd reccomend it 100%.

Link to its former page on LH: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26628

Heh. Both fortunate and unfortunate I guess! There's often some really nice things, but usually only ever two or three at a time for me, which is a blessing I guess :') Worth keeping an eye on though, because there may just be that ONE thing that one time :P

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.