• cleaning toys....

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags, I use the sex toy cleaner and then I wash it away. I do not just whipe it with a cloth. I want to make sure that there is no residue of the cleaner so I run it under water too, after.

Somtimes I can be really dense. This is one of those times. Why did I not think of this completely obvious thing? lol! Thanks Laveila. I think my new method will be spray, rub and rinse.

Why did my brain assume I would only use a wipe with spray, but running water with soap? Seriously woman!

You are welcome and its funny as it is even in the demonstration video

And yes, this is basically the method I use It does work great and I do not have irritations.

But sometimes the obvious things are the ones we miss. I did that today at work, if it makes you feel better

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags, I use the sex toy cleaner and then I wash it away. I do not just whipe it with a cloth. I want to make sure that there is no residue of the cleaner so I run it under water too, after.

Somtimes I can be really dense. This is one of those times. Why did I not think of this completely obvious thing? lol! Thanks Laveila. I think my new method will be spray, rub and rinse.

Why did my brain assume I would only use a wipe with spray, but running water with soap? Seriously woman!

And yes, this is basically the method I use It does work great and I do not have irritations.

But sometimes the obvious things are the ones we miss. I did that today at work, if it makes you feel better

Hehe. I blame stress, it can't be old age yet, although I have become one of those people lately, who runs through all family members names before reaching the right one! lol

LilHorror [sign in to see picture]

I give mine a good scrub with some anti-bacterial soap and hot water :) so far so good. xx

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Hehe. I blame stress, it can't be old age yet, although I have become one of those people lately, who runs through all family members names before reaching the right one! lol

haahahahaha. I just did not realize solution to a problem and it was so simple, actually!

I blame the fact I am responsible fully for a problematic project nd my head is about to explode because of how much information I must have in it So yep, I understand you

PurringTiger [sign in to see picture]

@Fluffbags I'm senstitive down there too and I use the Lelo cleaner now. I find it has a really fine spray so you don't need as much of it as the cheaper ones.

I also found that even after rinsing the cheaper ones I could still get an uncomfortable feeling from toys I'd recently cleaned.

The Lelo one is alcohol free and ph blalanced, I have tested it with both rinsing (also suffer with OCD) and for review purposes I left it without rinsing just wiped it clean and I've not had any issues with it at all. I prefer to rinse it after and air dry with silicone toys due to them being fibre magnets anyway.

Incendiaire [sign in to see picture]

When I first got into sex toys I went out and bought the toy cleaner and the whole shebang, determined to do things properly, but these days I rarely ever use it and have pretty much a full bottle in a cupboard somewhere.

I find that a good wash in the sink with some antibacterial soap and hot water is more than sufficient in the majority of cases. If ever a toy starts to pick up a slight odour after use then the only real solution is to soak it overnight in a mild mixture of 10% bleach and warm water, then thoroughly rinse it and it should be as good as new.

Toy wipes can be a handy thing to have around if you're not quite in the mood for washing your toys immediately after use, and they just have a bit lube on them, as you can wipe the excess off and put them aside somewhere for washing later.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.