• Glass Dildo

jayandrach [sign in to see picture]

My wife and I have been looking at glass dildos however she has said she is not sure about getting one due to it being glass so has said she will just stick to the usually ones.
    How can I try to reassure her it will be safe and good to use as I have read many good things about them on these forums?

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Well you could just get one and see how she reacts, you can always return it if it's really not suitable.

Maybe she's scared it will break? yes if you drop it on a tiled floor metal bath or basin it may break but not if it falls on the carpet it's made from "pyrex" type glass so is very strong, and you can't beat that smooth surface I would sugest go for it you can always exchange it.

Sub Cleo [sign in to see picture]

Yes I agree,just go for it. From personal experience I can say I was hesitant at first too.The glass feels really solid,nice and cool but warms up to body temperature

DreamOfTheEndless [sign in to see picture]

I don't know how you'd go about reassuring her but obviously she'll need to be comfortable to enjoy it. I wish you luck. We love our glass. :)

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

It is solid glass it has never broke on me and i have broked it a few times, its smooth sexy and so effective .You could always try a small glass one to try if she doesnt like it, LH have a 365 returns policy http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/ .

Read the review discuss the options if you try it and she doesnt like it nothing lost as there is a return policy.

Here is a few I have reviewed

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29234&reviewid=74185#customer_reviews

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12036&reviewid=69059#customer_reviews

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

It may not be the best of advices ever but you could perhaps get a particularly classy glass dildo (one that looks like a truly romantic gift - perhaps Icicles No 12 or something else your wife might consider cute or appealing), heat it in warm water and use it as a massage aid during a sensual play with your blindfolded wife. If she enjoys the feel of the thing while you use it on her externally (I wouldn't suggest putting it inside her without her consent, though), she is - once she's had a good look at the nice thingy that felt so good during the massage - quite likely to be willing to explore other possibilities the toy can offer.

JuicyJ89 [sign in to see picture]

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31109

I can highly recommend this one if she is unsure, perfect for first time glass and not too daunting. I was sent one as a tester and my review is on there x

Twilightgirl123 [sign in to see picture]

I would buy one and surprise her. You could try to reassure her by showing her the reviews written by other people who have used glass toys before because alot of people -including me- will have been quite nervous about buying one for the first time. I was worried that it might break when I used it but the glass used to make glass toys on Lovehoney is very strong and is very unlikely to break unless it fell onto a hard floor. I accidently dropped one of my glass dildos once onto hard wood floor and it didn't break which I was quite surprised at. I certainly wouldn't recommend dropping it but that just shows how strong the glass was. Also Lovehoney -as you may already know- has a big range of glass dildos of all shapes and sizes and very nice designs. It would be a nice idea to get her a pretty one as a surprise and if she doesn't like it or she's still not sure you can always return it with the Lovehoney returns policy. Hope this helped and good luck !

Wow thank you all so much for your help.

I have recently been looking at getting either:
    Icicles 50
    icicles 5
    icicles 8
    Tracey cox set

As these are the ones I think look nice for a gift rather than just a sex toy.

The other one I am thinking about now is Icicles 60 as a first after reading juicyJ89's review however I don't think this looks as nice as the previously stated pieces above.

I like the idea of sensory play with the fact you can heat it up or chill for a while.

I didn't even think about Lovehoneys fabulous 365 days returns policy.

I may have to save up a little and treat her to one of the above dildos.

Many thanks to you all again.

VirginAngel [sign in to see picture]

You know, I never even considered the possibilty of it breaking when i bought glass.

I have the tracey cox set, but as i bought it elsewhere i haven't reviewed it on here. The pink one i think is a bit too girthy to be comfortable, for me atleast, as with it being so rigid its nocer to have something a bit thinner, plus i don't like the bumps, do nothing for me. The clear one however, wow, either end of that is brilliant.

Personally i wish i could afford the icicles 36 (i think thats right, its a pink one, heart end, with decreasing size balls, but its also curved.) as that looks like everything i could want out of a dildo, it's glass, the increasing bulbs will feel great as well as the added benefit of aiding kegel exercise as you play, it's curved to the natural vaginal canal shape, and its nice length, and of course it looks beautiful :)

haha yes it isn't as pretty as the others buts its not too big and the ridges and curve are fab on it! Icicles 50 is a good one also! I have that one VirginAngel if its the one you're talking about its icicles 43? I received that yesterday and I love it! Just like icicles 50 its got the curve on it which helps with stimulation :)

That was the first thing she said to me was about it smashing!

Just looked at Icicles 43 and that looks really nice as well. I think I may go for the beginner one (Icicles 60) as you previously recommended JuicyJ89 so she can feel what it is like etc and also this will be her first dildo as we have only brought vibrators before.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

VirginAngel wrote:

You know, I never even considered the possibilty of it breaking when i bought glass.

I have the tracey cox set, but as i bought it elsewhere i haven't reviewed it on here. The pink one i think is a bit too girthy to be comfortable, for me atleast, as with it being so rigid its nocer to have something a bit thinner, plus i don't like the bumps, do nothing for me. The clear one however, wow, either end of that is brilliant.

Personally i wish i could afford the icicles 36 (i think thats right, its a pink one, heart end, with decreasing size balls, but its also curved.) as that looks like everything i could want out of a dildo, it's glass, the increasing bulbs will feel great as well as the added benefit of aiding kegel exercise as you play, it's curved to the natural vaginal canal shape, and its nice length, and of course it looks beautiful :)

Just thought i'd let you know, if you have the Tracey Cox set, but bought it elsewhere - it doesn't matter - you can still leave a review of the actual product itself :)

VirginAngel [sign in to see picture]

ah i wasnt aware of that, thanks David :)

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

VirginAngel wrote:

ah i wasnt aware of that, thanks David :)

No problem :) (just don't put where you did get it from in the review.. hehe)

jayandrach wrote:

That was the first thing she said to me was about it smashing!

Just looked at Icicles 43 and that looks really nice as well. I think I may go for the beginner one (Icicles 60) as you previously recommended JuicyJ89 so she can feel what it is like etc and also this will be her first dildo as we have only brought vibrators before.

Let us know how you both get on with it :) don't worry about it smashing, you will see the quality of it (which is really rather good) when you get it. Just be careful when washing it not to drop it in the sink. You can put them in the dishwasher to clean as well if you have one xx

kc. [sign in to see picture]

Don't worry about the glass breaking. It won't. They are very strong. The only way you will break it is to drop it on a hard surface. Speaking for my wife she loves them both vaginally and anally and speaking for myself I love them anally as well so if you're into that it's a win win situation. We have the Tracey Cox dildo set and a few others, which are great. We did try the icicles ones but didn't enjoy them as much so sent them back. You always have that option available if it doesn't work out.

I don't think you realise how sturdy these things are until you have them in your hand.

I'm sure any anxiety she may feel will quickly give way to excitement once she is holding the thing physically rather than just trying to imagine it.

amiss [sign in to see picture]

I really want a glass dildo (it would be my 1st). I dont know which one to pick, ive read all the reviews and it has confused me even more. Help lol

This one!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11680

Actually, someone who's tried more than one might be better placed to advise you but I really love ours.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.