• What was your first ever sex toy?

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

Our first experience with sex toys was a little set with a few bits and bobs in that got a little bit of use but the selection wasn't that great and we didn't use it much. It was then a good few years after that when I found lovehoney and bought another set that had a great selection of toys in that got used a lot, then I found the forum and learnt a lot from other users and our sex life has been amazing ever since. Now we have a ton of sex toys!

Stephanie [sign in to see picture]

I'm enjoying reading this thread! It's interesting how many people had one bad experience and then waited a while until trying again. Less open-minded people might have just written sex toys off forever and missed out.

DreamOfTheEndless [sign in to see picture]

We started with a RR but my missus didn't like it much.

After a good few years we tried again with a Tracy Cox bullet vibe and that really kickstarted our (or possibly more 'my') love affair with toys. We're still pretty amateur but we're certainly exploring more and more nowadays.

crazy horse [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Stephanie wrote:

I'm enjoying reading this thread! It's interesting how many people had one bad experience and then waited a while until trying again. Less open-minded people might have just written sex toys off forever and missed out.

Me too.

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

I agree Stephanie, it was about 4 years after our original purpose when I decided to look again. I just personally felt like I had a very low sex drive and I needed to so something about it to get me going again. I thought maybe some toys would help spice things up. I looked on the website from the high street retailer we went to but they didn't have any couples packages and looking at so many different toys was so daunting to me.

So I googled sex toys, and looked at a few different websites before I come across lovehoney, and as soon as I found the site I felt like it was the right retailer for me. Most sex toy websites look really dark and seedy, they pretty much all have a black base colour as their background and that just didn't seem appealing to me. But lovehoney was fresh and light and I felt really assured by that. I kept an eye on the forum for a couple of months to see what people were saying about lovehoney and all the positivity that come from it was amazing.

It wasn't until a couple of months later when I started looking for things. Then I found the couples pack which had things in for the both of us, and with the great postage, the forum and the kink the toys added to sex life I was totally addicted.

It's a year and 2 months since I placed my first order, and now I'm running out of space to store things! I think I've spent around £1000 since then, so lovehoney does come with a warning, it's highly addictive!!

But to be honest, it's been totally worth it. We've gone from having vanilla sex a couple of times a week so having sex that is just on a different level nearly everyday. Sex toys just really makes you open up with each other and helps you to talk about sex and your likes and dislikes, and we've learnt so much about each other's bodies.

I really feel like it's solidified our relationship. With lots of great sex comes lots of happiness and we're totally on the same page. It's actually made me love my husband even more and I didn't think that was possible. It's made me look at him in a different way and made me realise how lucky I am to have him.

Women I know get so hot and bothered if they see a firemen, or some super hot celebrity, but for me there's no one other than my husband. No one knows my body and my mind like he does, and other men just don't do it for me in the slightest. There's nothing sexier than a man who knows your body like the back of your hand.

Finding lovehoney has been such a huge deal for our relationship, and I couldn't thank you all enough!

butterflybee [sign in to see picture]

My first ever sex toy was bought when I was pretty young and it was bought as a joke initially (you know how when you're young anything to do with sex is sort of intriguing but embarrassing at the same time lol) to see if the shop we were in would actually sell them to us.

So I bought a small dildo very much similar to the Little Softee that LH sell. I didn't even use it for a loooong time and then one day I looked at it and thought I'll just have a go. That was it then haha I was hooked on toys. Although I bought more, that little first dildo I had bought remained my firm favourite for a number of yesrs until I realised that dildos weren't the only sex toys you could buy haha

ycs93 [sign in to see picture]

My first was a cheap bullet I found online, still works and I still have it & use it after 4 years!

Kaiser [sign in to see picture]

mine was this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15678 at the grand age of 63

Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]

Mine was a small purple rotating rabbit which looked like a hair brush covered in spikes from a local shop lol god knows what I was thinking!

Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]

I bought my first toy on the high street, it was a small, baby pink, g spot vibrator, only slightly bent at the end. When i bought it i thought it was the best thing since sliced bread :3
    Now i have many toys and a use my first toy as an anal vibrator, it feels much better as that then a beginners g spot vibrator, its still going strong ;)

[suspended user]

suspended user

Mine was a Rocks off bullet, i still think they are great now! x

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

It was a Joy-Lite Cancun vibrator a few years ago, I still have it somewhere. It wasn't so bad, considering it was my first time choosing a sex toy (I had wanted something hygienic and not overly huge) but it had a major problem - its appetite for batteries was simply immense. A couple of average AAs would provide perhaps 40 minutes of playtime and good rechargeable ones might give an hour or so. And should you leave fresh batteries in for a couple of days or so, the power would be gone, too. Extremely impractical, I think...

flaneur [sign in to see picture]

Fleshlight Original Pink Lady a bit over a year ago. I'll actually be pleased when I've worn it into dust.

Quiet ones are worse! [sign in to see picture]

Oh I feel old, can't remember it was about 20+ years ago! It'l have been something for my butt I reckon.

kinky-for-you [sign in to see picture]

Cheap and cheerful certainly did the job for me as a newbie it came in silver then

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25883

SlinkyRat [sign in to see picture]

I bought two last year for my 26th birthday, I'd never used any sex toys before but had just gone through a sex drive boost after three years of zero action. I just couldn't get enough and I had my poor ex worn out! So I followed a link from a friend to an online site, and bought an earless 'rabbit' type vibrator (pico bong kaya if I remember correctly) and a rocks off silver bullet. Both are still going strong and I adore them. In fact I only started looking for more a year later when I decided a rechargeable vibe would be a better idea, and I found Lovehoney. I now have 6 toys and can see my collection growing even more in future!

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

It was a pink lady fleshlight quite a few years ago now.

Miss~shy [sign in to see picture]

I started with the couples sexier life starter pack. Wow it saved our marriage and made us happier. Had a few more since then and was only in June this year we discovered lh and toys.

Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]

Mine was a highstreet jelly rabbit (wouldn't touch that material now, ew. But it was a pretty colour!), which I was actually quite fond of as it was pretty powerful, and a Rocks Off bullet. I used them both until they died - don't leave the batteries in your toys, folks!

bucksboy [sign in to see picture]

I bought a pink tight flesh light off here about 3 years ago with some lube was truly amazing bit pricy though, but was worth every penny, gave the most amazing orgasms! Sadly I had to get rid of it as I didn't use it for about a year due to gf and went proper manky!

Now I'm single again I'm on the hunt for a replacement , any ideas? Want something discrete but decent !

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.