• Compatible to store together?

LilMissFrustrated [sign in to see picture]

I must admit reading this thread, I found it very alarmist. Im not surprised the person who originally posted was freaked out, I was and I've been buying toys for ages without any ill effects.

StHubbins [sign in to see picture]

Agree with the last few posts. Never had a problem with any materials from LH.

With battery/mains/rechargeable things I'd agree that it's worth paying for quality, but the two items in the original post aren't powered and have got good reviews, so I'd have no worries about buying them.

But do put them in separate bags if you're not sure.

Peitho [sign in to see picture]

Hi CVR, I agree with Sub, Mrs and LMF. If Lovehoney say the toys don't contain phthalates then that's good enough for me. Keep an eye on the toys but I don't think you'll have a problem with the two you originally linked to.

To answer your original question though, no, I wouldn't store them together just the same as you wouldn't store silicone toys together.

StHubbins [sign in to see picture]

Great minds, Peitho...

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

You can actually store Silicone toys together, if they're 100% medical grade silicone they will not react to each other and are quite safe to store together.
    Silicone blends can't be stored together because the chemicals react to each other but pure silicone can be. This was also confirmed by Tantus a while back now.

I do have my silicone toys in separate storage bags, but this is just due to them collecting dust ect constantly.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

I own a couple of LH own brand skin safe rubber toys and have never had an issue with any of them, I totally trust Lovehoney. I also have the anal beads that CVR initially asked about. They are a great product and I would definitely recommend them :) xx

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

So you guys are now calling us bullies, because we actually care about someone's health?

I wasn't trying to scare anyone, that's why I said many other products contain chemicals and said to just be careful. I know people have had reactions to these toys and like FA said, these materials aren't good enough for children's toys, yet they're apparently good enough to put in your vagina or anus.

This isn't "my personal opinion" any toys that smell DO contain chemicals. But people continue to buy them, and that's fair enough because they can't afford something of a better quality or want flexibility or whatever. And fair enough. Buy it, just please clean it properly and get rid of it as soon as you see any changes.

Silicone CAN be stored together - I've stored my silicone dildos in a drawer for the past 3 months and absolutely nothing has happened, apart from dust collecting on them. Do that with jelly, rubber or any of those smelly materials and you'll get a nice melted pile.

cvr - as you can see people haven't had reactions to these toys and are perfectly happy to use them.

It was not my intention to scare anyone, I was just pointing out that those materials aren't as safe as they claim to be. Everyone has the right to buy whatever they wish. I'll stick to safe toys though, thanks.

LilMissFrustrated [sign in to see picture]

By using the word safe PPD you are implying others aren't. If that isn't scaremongering I don't know what is. By the very use of the word safe you are stating that lovehoney and others are selling dangerous toys......unless you can prove that 100% you are leaving yourself open to libel. Please be careful in your use of words both for yourself and others.

CVR92 [sign in to see picture]

PPD i don't think anyone called you a bully, you just have strong opinions which are not scientifically proven? Surely LH are the experts here and they know what should/shouldnt be used internally. They state rubber toys require a condom covering them before use to avoid any reactions. They also state skin safe rubber is non-porous and chemical free? I have a tight budget and the toys I stated originally meet the specs i am looking for with flexibility, size etc, However, I am unsure whether to go ahead with my original purchase now....

CVR92 [sign in to see picture]

Peitho wrote:

Hi CVR, I agree with Sub, Mrs and LMF. If Lovehoney say the toys don't contain phthalates then that's good enough for me. Keep an eye on the toys but I don't think you'll have a problem with the two you originally linked to.

To answer your original question though, no, I wouldn't store them together just the same as you wouldn't store silicone toys together.

Thanks Peitho and StHubbins

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Hey ladies and gents

I'm stepping in here as we've had this thread reported a few times for getting a little 'heated'.

Personally, I think an open discussion about materials is worth having, but please try to consider that this can be a topic of passion for some people. Try to take everyones advice here (and throughout the rest of the forum) with a 'pinch of salt' as most posts are a mixture of fact, personal experience, and opinions.

If you're unsure, there are LOADS of great resources online to settle any worries you have, or our Customer Care Team will be happy to help clear anything up :)

As for the products we sell, we would never stock ANYTHING which could be potentially harmful to your body when used properly. Obviously any porous toys can harbour bacteria, which can cause problems down the line, but this is why we tell you to wash your toys with an anti-bacterial cleaner before and after every use.

Just like pretty much everything you come into contact with in life: if you don't follow the usage guidelines/instructions, you're taking a risk. How big a risk, depends on what you're doing! Nothing is risk-free and you should bare this in mind with pretty much everything you do, but taking special consideration with anything which is insertable or consumable.

In regards to the original question, to save confusion, we recommend all toys are stored individually.

DangerousLilly [sign in to see picture]

Listen, if people here don't want to believe that some materials are potentially toxic, that's their problem. It's not just an opinion held by some bloggers; two organizations here in the US have sent sex toys off to be tested at a lab to see what they contained. Some that say phthalates-free on the label had phthalates.

If, after looking over everything on this page, you still don't believe that there's a problem with rubber, PVC, Vinyl, TPR, etc? Well, I don't know what to say, honestly. I'd be dumbfounded. http://dangerouslilly.com/toxictoys/

I want to see a change in the industry. I don't want to see these materials being so common. I want people to be educated on the problems. But since you're going to stick your head in the sand and say it's "scary", this is my final post here.

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't store those toys together. At all. I wouldn't recommend them either tbh. I stored some jelly rubber toys together - for science lol and if you wanna see what happened, I have pictures on this article on my blog:

http://thegrittywoman.com/2013/03/the-jelly-sex-toy-massacre.html

It isnt just phthalates that you want to be concerned about, but how porous the toy is (Because a porous toy will soak in chemicals, bacteria, dyes, mold, viruses and whatever else it sucks up) Anyway I can see the other ladies have given you some great advice and information already.

Just for future record though - I would also avoid storing any silicone sex toys together. Silicone, although body safe, does like to bond with silicone (Which is why people often recommend avoiding using silicone lubricant with silicone toys) and some less than siliconey sex toys (silicone blends) can be damaged by storing them together/touching. The only company I know that have proved their toys don't do this, are Tantus. I store my Tantus toys together and never had a problem.

LilHorror [sign in to see picture]

This has now made me feel a little iffy about my Doc Johnson crystel jelly dildo.. :( I am not sure what to do.. I want to chuck it out but its the only dildo I own... aww man this sucks.. So my Doc Johnson could be basicaly harming my body?? :(

Nawty Novice [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Can I ask what the appeal is? Is it the sleeve or the fact that it's a finger vibe, or maybe something else entirely?

I'm after something vibrating yet non-scary looking to use on my bf as an extra sensation. Not to be inserted, just to tease the odd sweet spot ;)

Having several body piercings and tattoos and being quite interested in body modification generally I understand a bit about the importance of choosing the correct material of something you are going to be putting inside you. I don't want to get into a big debate as many of the posts in this thread have some valid points for and against but I do feel that there is an element of scaremongering going on.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to make their own choice and of course this should be aswell informed as possible. I trust LH and actually think they make things quite clear when it comes to choosing a material.

In my case, I wouldn't usually consider buying something rubber or jellylike for prolonged use but figured that something that has a maximum life of 30mins or a couple of uses and only externally at that can't really do too much 'damage'. It's like jewellery; for something you just want to wear for a few hours on a big night out, cheap costume jewellery will probably be fine. If I'm going to be wearing something day in day out, I'd make sure it was better quality.

Anyways, rant over :)

country boy [sign in to see picture]

HI, yes don't store your toys together like I did, I've put our toys all together in a shoe box and my cock ring an anal plug and her favourite rabbit were all very well cleaned before storing but when all together in a box and left for a while they all melted together a little , there was lube in the box we thought it had leaked but no that was ok we washed the toys to make sure it wasn't just lube but no such luck, they were melting and so we had to throw them all away a very expensive mistake just don't do it,

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

so is it ok to store your toys in their original packaging?

most of mine are still in their boxes obviously cleaned and dried after use

Melanthe [sign in to see picture]

Every item in my collection has it's own bag. I've only got toys made from silicone. I ordered my first rubber toy a few days ago from LoveHoney and am now regreting it after reading all of this. :/

IrishRose [sign in to see picture]

Everything i own does have its own storage bad and/or original packing. I always think that its cleaner to store them apart. I used to have a jelly anal dildo and jelly rabbit but as previously said they did melt when stored together, this is when i started to go into spending a bit more on the toys i bought and storing them safely. As you can get Lovehoney's drawstring bags cheep your better off buying one for every toy so nothing happens to your them.

rogerthechorister [sign in to see picture]

Well, I can take a bit of a risk - I'm 65. It's not like a youngster of 18 exposing him/her self to a health hazard. I might drop off my perch tomorrow.

But G/F and I must be a bit cavalier. We wash with soap and very hot water, not harsher chemicals, and just then put everything together into a cotton traders hand/shoulder bag. They aren't going to stay in there long...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.